1. https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/upcoming-maintenance-upgrade.849785/
    Dismiss Notice

Laser And Plasma Therapy

Discussion in 'Hair Loss' started by Kalia1, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Kalia1

Kalia1 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Earlier this week I had a consult for a hair transplant. It went well and I’m due to have a biopsy on Monday. I was told that if I am diagnosed with CCA (which I don’t think I have) to do the surgery with them I’d have to sign a waiver in regards to the high probability of the failure rate.

Well today another physician from the practice who saw my pictures thinks I have Androgenic Alopecia and recommended I get a laser cap and do PRP treatments simultaneously. I was excited to hear this and have been reviewing the various laser caps on the market.

Has anyone had success with either treatment protocol? Most of the information shared here is several years old so I’m eager to hear all about what anyone has experienced.

I’m eager to get started and am willing to be patient as well as diligent. Hoping that I can regrow some of my hair.

Thanks In Advance!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    pink gator likes this.
  2. Black Ambrosia

Black Ambrosia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I have nothing to add but I'm curious about laser caps and your experience. Please keep us updated.

Good luck!

3. Kalia1

Kalia1 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Thank you!

I’ve just come from the Dermatologist and she said for sure I have CCA and suggest I try PRP. She will do my biopsy and she suggests that I also do steroid injections. I ordered my laser cap and am just trying to remain optimistic.

This is not easy to deal with.

pink gator likes this.
  4. Black Ambrosia

Black Ambrosia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    @Kalia1 I'm so sorry. I have CCA as well and I'm looking for options myself. I started on injections before covid but don't think I was on it long enough to see results. My doctor also prescribed monoxidil but I think I had an allergic reaction (severe itching) so I didn't continue.

What laser cap did you order and how much did it cost? I've seen some advertised at Costco but need to make peace with the price. There's another option I saw on QVC that I'm considering but want to do more research first.

5. Kalia1

Kalia1 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:

I ordered the laser cap from www.irestorelser.com they have two models essential and a professional.
    I went with the professional since it had greater coverage and more lasers. I'm going to try it along with PRP hopefully to be able to see a difference. I paid $964.00 in total with a $300.00 coupon attached to bring it to this price. Many are raving about it on Youtube and I hope that it works for me. Another thing about this system that's positive is if you try it out and it doesn't work you can return up to one year and receive a full refund minus the shipping.

We MUST Stay Positive and Optimistic!