Laser And Plasma Therapy

Kalia1

Earlier this week I had a consult for a hair transplant. It went well and I’m due to have a biopsy on Monday. I was told that if I am diagnosed with CCA (which I don’t think I have) to do the surgery with them I’d have to sign a waiver in regards to the high probability of the failure rate.

Well today another physician from the practice who saw my pictures thinks I have Androgenic Alopecia and recommended I get a laser cap and do PRP treatments simultaneously. I was excited to hear this and have been reviewing the various laser caps on the market.

Has anyone had success with either treatment protocol? Most of the information shared here is several years old so I’m eager to hear all about what anyone has experienced.

I’m eager to get started and am willing to be patient as well as diligent. Hoping that I can regrow some of my hair.

Thanks In Advance!

Last edited:

Kalia1

I have nothing to add but I'm curious about laser caps and your experience. Please keep us updated.

Good luck!

Thank you!

I’ve just come from the Dermatologist and she said for sure I have CCA and suggest I try PRP. She will do my biopsy and she suggests that I also do steroid injections. I ordered my laser cap and am just trying to remain optimistic.

This is not easy to deal with.

Black Ambrosia

@Kalia1 I'm so sorry. I have CCA as well and I'm looking for options myself. I started on injections before covid but don't think I was on it long enough to see results. My doctor also prescribed monoxidil but I think I had an allergic reaction (severe itching) so I didn't continue.

What laser cap did you order and how much did it cost? I've seen some advertised at Costco but need to make peace with the price. There's another option I saw on QVC that I'm considering but want to do more research first.

Kalia1

@Kalia1 I'm so sorry. I have CCA as well and I'm looking for options myself. I started on injections before covid but don't think I was on it long enough to see results. My doctor also prescribed monoxidil but I think I had an allergic reaction (severe itching) so I didn't continue.

What laser cap did you order and how much did it cost? I've seen some advertised at Costco but need to make peace with the price. There's another option I saw on QVC that I'm considering but want to do more research first.

I ordered the laser cap from www.irestorelser.com they have two models essential and a professional.
I went with the professional since it had greater coverage and more lasers. I'm going to try it along with PRP hopefully to be able to see a difference. I paid $964.00 in total with a $300.00 coupon attached to bring it to this price. Many are raving about it on Youtube and I hope that it works for me. Another thing about this system that's positive is if you try it out and it doesn't work you can return up to one year and receive a full refund minus the shipping.

We MUST Stay Positive and Optimistic!

Black Ambrosia

I saw the dermatologist today for the first time since March. I'm getting back on track with monthly injections and he suggested I try the women's version of monoxidil. I was taking the men's version because it's stronger and they said it was okay to use but I had an allergic reaction. He's hoping I'll tolerate the women's version better so I'll give it another try. He also suggested biotin and gave me a prescription for something else that's supposed to help but I don't remember what it's called. I'll update this post once I pick up the prescription. He actually mentioned two medications but said the other one is only given to women outside of childbearing years. It's the stronger of the two options.

I asked about the laser caps and plasma therapy. He didn't think much of the caps. He doesn't think they're effective in general but also mentioned that it's not ideal for my hair type as the light wouldn't reach most of my scalp because of the thickness of my hair. He said it couldn't hurt to try but was discouraging it based on the price. I'm leaning toward getting it since there's a long return period for the one you posted but I've got a lot of expenses right now so I'll probably revisit it in a month or two. He was much more optimistic about plasma therapy but doesn't think my condition is serious enough to start with that. He thinks I should wait a few months to see what kind of results I get with his recommendations (injections, biotin, the prescription, and monoxidil). If I'm not seeing results in about 4 months, we'll discuss it again. He said he'd feel differently if the treatment was cheaper or covered by insurance but it's not. He wasn't sure of the price offhand but thought it was over $3k for the first 4-6 treatments and then $800 every 6 months. o_O

@Kalia1 What price were you quoted for plasma therapy? I have no idea if what my doctor is charging is reasonable.

Kalia1

I actually get my scalp biopsy results tomorrow along with the removal of my stitches.
I haven’t met with a Dermatologist in regards to the PRP therapy yet I found one whose highly recommended near me. From the hair groups that I participate in on FB some quote around $1500.00 for the initial 3 visits.
When I learn more I will definitely let you know. I happy that you’ve decided to restart your hair journey.
I believe that we must try whatever we can to overcome our hair struggles.

This is the Dermatologist I’m hoping to get a consult with for the Plasma Therapy.

Black Ambrosia

I had hoped to be farther along by now but I cancelled most appointments months ago because of the pandemic. I'm just now at a point where I feel comfortable seeing a doctor.

I like that the dermatologist is black. That's always a requirement for me. Keep me posted on how it goes when you start seeing her.