Last night, I tried something new.......(r/o)

G

<font color="green">I didn't feel like wrapping my hair last night and I'd just parted my hair into four sections to oil the ends. (BTW, I've been using this olive oil creme stuff by ORS which I really like), but anyway, after I oiled the ends and the hair line I made 4 little coiled buns from each part and clipped the end to secure. I put on my satin scarf, went to bed, and when I woke up this morning, I had the biggest, deepest loose waves! Totally sexy! So much body.... Well I've found a new way to set at night. I'm wondering if I can just air dry my hair, maybe ponytail method or something, and when it's dry, just do the little bun thing OR if I can just dry it in the 4 little buns? Hmmmm, it probably wouldn't be as smooth??? I'm just rambling now, anyway, just wanted to share. </font color> /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sweetcocoa

<font color="purple">Sounds pretty! I know what you mean though...you always get a different result when you try something wet as opposed to dry. I get some great results when I do dry sets...then when I want to cut out that 'extra' step and try the same technique wet...I can't get the same look...such as wrapping dry looks better for me than when I wrap wet. </font color>

Tea

Sounds really pretty. /images/graemlins/smile.gif How did the ends look when you took it down? Where they curled under or sort of straight? Just curious because when I coil my hair in to little buns and then let it down the ends always sort of stick out.

AngieK

<font color="brown">
Caramela!

I do this style sometimes, but I use more than 4 sections. The trick to a wet set using this method (which is called china bumps or bantu knots) is to let your hair air-dry to the point that it is only slightly damp. Then part and comb each section. Once the section is combed smooth, then twist and coil it into the "buns". When it is fully dry in the morning, carefully uncoil your hair and use your fingers or a wide toothed comb to style it. You can experiment with the number of sections to get the look that you want.

If you do it while it is too wet, the wet conbing to get the section smooth will cause breakage, and your hair will be to soft and wet to coil properly.

AngieK /images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

G

<font color="green">My ends were kinda curved in the pattern of the waves since the ends were pinned so closely to the little buns. Does that make sense? </font color>

Mahalialee4

Hey, Carmella: I do the bun style wrap up at night too sometimes between braiding. it is like making GIANT PINCURLS, with basically the same effect. Also, after oiling, it is a good style to let the oil percolate for a good overnight oil treatment and minimal manipulation. Bonjour.

LondonDiva

I can't roller set and i can't wrap my hair (jus don't know how and have no desire to do so) but when i oil my sectioned hair and jumbo twist it I get the straight look in the morning. if I never did this I'd have real frizzy hair. This method works better for me than blowdrying. Just is a hassle as it's not a quick do if I'm going out.

Tea

Yes, that makes sense. I think I haven't been pinning the ends close enough and that's why they were straight and sort of sticking out. Thanks for the info. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elyse

<font color="green">
I have begun sleeping with a satin hairscarf on my head at night and now my hair is frizz free in the mornings /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>