Last stylist a bust...new stylist seems better! (long)

Wishin4BSL

Well, I don't know if you all remember, but I found a stylist a while ago who seemed to be dedicated to healthy hair, but since I'm so passive, I didn't tell her that I didn't want her to run the relaxer through to the ends (which I didn't know she was doing until she did it) so I never went back. That was back in October (relaxer before last).

I went to my godmother's stylist yesterday for a relaxer (my godmother has gorgeous BSL hair) and she seemed really nice. She's a young black woman, late 20s I think, and she's from New Jersey. I was suprised at first when she didn't complain about going three months without a relaxer. Then I told her about the extreme breakage I went through my last relaxer back in December because of the protein treatment she gave me twice in a row (I wrote a thread about that too). When she started talking about protein and moisture balance, I was like :eek:. Then she started telling me that she only did relaxers every three months on her clients (longer if she could convince her clients to) and then I was like :eek: :eek: :eek:. So I casually mentioned LHCF, but I don't think she's a member. When she relaxed my hair, she didn't really want to (I was only 11 weeks), so at this point, I trusted her enough to cut (yes, CUT) my hair (the damage after the breakage back in December had gotten much worse) and I told her that I didn't want it to be shorter than shoulder length, so she cut it to collarbone length and I was like :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: . I LOVE her! She works at hair cuttery and they only charge $14 for a wash and set! My last salons charged $30-$35! And she does really nice dominican blowouts (but I got a roller wrap)!

Although I'm on a personal HYH challenge, I will post a starting pic soon!

balisi

Wishin4BSL said:
I LOVE her! She works at hair cuttery and they only charge $14 for a wash and set! My last salons charged $30-$35! And she does really nice dominican blowouts (but I got a roller wrap)!

Although I'm on a personal HYH challenge, I will post a starting pic soon!
Good for you, finding a stylist you love! Another Hair Cuttery stylist here! :wave:

shunta

Thats great that you found a new stylist that you can trust. What baffles me is why in the heck would the first stylist run the relaxer all the way to the ends?:confused: I just dont get it. I mean come on, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that you're not supposed to do that. WTH

nelli711

I'm very happy that you found someone that you can really trust doing your hair. She sounds wonderful.

sassyhair

I pray for the day I can find what you found. I have not had that since I was in middle school until she moved away. *tears*

Wishin4BSL

Thanks ladies! I feel so blessed that I've found such a great stylist. And I don't understand the stylist running the relaxer through to the ends either! My stylist when I was back in middle school would do this every once in a while because "you have to do it every once in a while to keep the hair straight." :eek: WTH? If I would have known then what I know now, I would never have allowed it!