Lawd knows I love braids but doing it myself..."hated it"

eyunka

Decided last minute Saturday afternoon (2pm) i was going to try poetic justice style braids on my dd.

At this point i was asking myself who came up with this bright *** idea.

By now 8pm my back and feet hurt. How do people do this for a living and not have aches and pains. I took some pain meds and went to bed.

Started back up around 9am next morning and finished about 2pm. I was moving in slow motion on the second day.

Finished product. Not quite poetic justice but she loves them.

Nonie

@eyunka, I feel your pain. I used to do it...but by the time I was finished, I'd be so cranky and hating everyone especially the client who held me hostage for hours. (BTW I'd hook my clients up and rent movies for them and let them have snacks so they'd be enjoying them while I slaved away, and then have the nerve to be mad that they seem to be having fun while I'm not. :giggle: One time a client got tired and I let her lie down and take a nap while I worked on her. :look: At least when I do my own hair, I can stop when I feel like it, put on a hat and continue when I next feel like it. Couldn't do that when doing someone else's hair. So yes, now I won't even do it for a good pay. :nono:

You did a beautiful job!

eyunka

Nonie

I was so irriated with my dd and it wasn't even her fault, it she didn't hold her held just right or she wanted to blow her nose etc...ugh!!!!
@eyunka, I feel your pain. I used to do it...but by the time I was finished, I'd be so cranky and hating everyone especially the client who held me hostage for hours. (BTW I'd hook my clients up and rent movies for them and let them have snacks so they'd be enjoying them while I slaved away, and then have the nerve to be mad that they seem to be having fun while I'm not. :giggle: One time a client got tired and I let her lie down and take a nap while I worked on her. :look: At least when I do my own hair, I can stop when I feel like it, put on a hat and continue when I next feel like it. Couldn't do that when doing someone else's hair. So yes, now I won't even do it for a good pay. :nono:

You did a beautiful job!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
they look very nice! I remember i used to want to be a hair stylist so bad but now I am realistic about standing up for long hours:nono: it aint for me!

eyunka

Napp
My dd and I would rock braids all the time but it just takes me too long and I can't in my right mind pay 80-150+ to have someone do it knowing good and well i can do it myself.
they look very nice! I remember i used to want to be a hair stylist so bad but now I am realistic about standing up for long hours:nono: it aint for me!

MsDee14

You did a great job! They look beautiful.
I so understand your pain in doing them yourself. My fingers and back are aching just thinking about!