Layers Out Challenge 2010 (Starter Thread)

Ozma

I sort of solved my layer problem already. I cut my hair to a blunt NL from SL, which is where my shortest layer was. If this challenge is still on, I'd like to remain in. My hair grows so unevenly, I'll probably need it later in the year.

Fhrizzball

I sort of solved my layer problem already. I cut my hair to a blunt NL from SL, which is where my shortest layer was. If this challenge is still on, I'd like to remain in. My hair grows so unevenly, I'll probably need it later in the year.

Is your hair naturally curly? How does it shrink up when it's not straight?

I found some splits in my hair today. I really should get a trim even though I just had one in December but I want to wait till march so my hair will have a nice cut when I put some braids in. My hair grew to 2 inches from BSL with splits so waiting some more shouldn't be too bad right? I'm just bunning anyways. Maybe I'm just in denial and setting myself up for a setback...

*tries too revive this thread again*

chelleypie810

This challenge seems so dead. How's everyone's layers coming along? I had a 13 inch shed hair. My hair is usually only 11 inches so I wanna know where it came from. Unless that was the only 13 inch hair I had...

My sides are still growing really slow though...

Ha I was going to say where is everyone in this thread!? my sides are growing pretty slow also but they're growing so I'm extremely happy about that. UUMM I don't have much to update on so.. yea! Hope everyone is doing well.

First pic is Feb 2010
Second is Nov 2009

Not much growth like I said but the layers are def. in the back are def. growing.

Attachments

• DSC01868.jpg
    DSC01868.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC01510.jpg
    DSC01510.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

butter_pecan

I know I'm a couple months late, but I desperately need to hop on this challenge! Been a painstakingly slow process trying to grow out my layers for years.

Did you join this challenge to grow out layers or an uneven cut? Both. My ex-stylist cut uneven layers in my hair. :wallbash: Seriously, one side was INCHES shorter than the other in the front! Some were as short as neck length!

How long is your shortest layer/uneven cut? APL

How long is your longest layer/uneven cut? MBL

What style, cut, shape are you aiming for (U-shape, V-shape, Mild Layering, etc)? Mild layering.

What are your goals for this challenge? The ends of my layered sections are fried and the coarsest parts of my hair still (from bleaching and improper cutting). I'd like to get them silkier, less prone to frizz and, of course, grow them completely out to the length of the rest of my hair.

What do you plan to do to obtain this goal (protective styling, sew-ins, etc)? Minimal amounts of heat. No coloring. More bunning and/or 2-strand twists/putting my hair in a big braid. Better deep conditioning.

How long will it take to reach this goal for this challenge? By the end of summer/early fall ... hopefully.

Last edited: