Lee Stafford Growth treatment v Megatek

Kentmane

Hi guys,

Opinions needed please

Lee Stafford Hair growth treatment is full of proteins. Can I use this like Megatek i.e apply to my scalp like a grease.

I started yesterday evening doing it. The new Formula of Megatek has only one protein in it Hydolysed Keratin.

What do you think....?

Kentmane

Hi Charmtresse

I will apply it every other day.

I will give updates as to how I get on. People who have used it have given good reviews.
But that was on Caucasian hair.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm using the LSGT each wash day, which is once or twice per week, as per the directions 5 minutes.

I am also using Mega-Tek (mixed a variety of different ways, on scalp).

So far, no issues.

The most important thing for me, is to make sure I Cowash with a Moisturizing Conditioner, DC with Moisture and ensure that my Daily Moisturizers are Moisture packed to balance things out.

I have also been baggying in the evening for a couple hours.

Kentmane

charmtreese

Hi Charmtresse I will apply it every other day. I will give updates as to how I get on. People who have used it have given good reviews. But that was on Caucasian hair.

I really love LSGT, however I have never left it in without washing it out. I normally use it once a week and let it sit for about an hour or so. I may join you, but I normally get itchiness when I leave rinse outs on my scalp.

Are you planning on applying anything over it....like an oil or something?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@charmtreese

I've noticed an improvement in overall Hair Health/Appearance.:yep:

That's why & when I decided to fully incorporate it into my regular wash day routine.

If I get any 'growth' from it that would be a plus.

I'm using it like a Hair Cocktail or Treatment for strength/health.

I'm also using PALTAS and a few other things.

But I'm using my Lee Stafford to aid in the support my Wash Routine.

Thanks Again for your continued posts about it.

It made me pull it out of my stash and get serious and get down to Business.:lol:

Last edited:

charmtreese

@charmtreese I've noticed an improvement in overall Hair Health/Appearance.:yep: That's why & when I decided to fully incorporate it into my regular wash day routine. If I get any 'growth' from it that would be a plus. I'm using it like a Hair Cocktail or Treatment for strength/health. I'm also using PALTAS and a few other things. But I'm using my Lee Stafford to aid in the support my Wash Routine. Thanks Again for your continued posts about it. It made me pull it out of my stash and get serious and get down to Business.:lol:

I feel the same way, LSGT is such a great treatment any faster growth from it would just be icing on the cake.

I love PALTAS as well! I have to give the UK it's hair care props, between Paltas and LSGT....my hair has never been better!

Kentmane

I'm using the LSGT each wash day, which is once or twice per week, as per the directions 5 minutes.

I am also using Mega-Tek (mixed a variety of different ways, on scalp).

So far, no issues.

The most important thing for me, is to make sure I Cowash with a Moisturizing Conditioner, DC with Moisture and ensure that my Daily Moisturizers are Moisture packed to balance things out.

I have also been baggying in the evening for a couple hours.

Kentmane
IDare

It sounds like you have been using it for a while and you like it...

I hope to report the same results. I started on it yesterday, I stumbled across it by accident. I was looking for an everyday protein product without having to go into London to a Black beauty store.
Black hair needs protein and we seem to be more knowledgeable about it.

So will use it every other day and leave it in when I go to the steam room.. But it is a lot of money for a small pot

Kentmane

I really love LSGT, however I have never left it in without washing it out. I normally use it once a week and let it sit for about an hour or so. I may join you, but I normally get itchiness when I leave rinse outs on my scalp.

Are you planning on applying anything over it....like an oil or something?
Charm

I was not going to use oil with it. maybe I should, so that it does not dry out?

charmtreese

Charm I was not going to use oil with it. maybe I should, so that it does not dry out?

Are you relaxed or natural? How often do you wash your hair?

When I used megatek as a scalp leave-in treatment I did apply a little oil over it (a penetrating oil).

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Kentmane

I would try it a variety of ways to see what your Hair likes.

When I'm using something 'new' I like to follow the directions, so I won't run into any problems.:look:

Then I can come back and re-evaluate to see if I can use it differently/longer, but when 1st trying it, I like to follow the directions. *just to be safe*

Here's what I've been doing: Cleanse/Apply Lee Stafford/Rinse out/DC (Steam).

So far, it's been working great.

I had this product in my stash a couple years, and never really pulled it out & used it (inconsistent).

But after reading posts/reviews from both charmtreese and cutenss who both were using it consistently I decided to revisit it.

And I'm glad I did.:grin:

Mega-Tek, I use off & on all the time and keep a bottle in my Stash.

But I do rotate it with other stuff.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Kentmane charmtreese

Speaking of Mega-Tek, I am relaxed (btw).

Here are some of the concoctions I've been using lately:

Plain
Mixed with The Pomade Shop's Peppermint Pomade
Mixed with M/N
Mixed with PALTAS

I made these up in separate bottles & jars and will rotate them.

Kentmane

Kentmane charmtreese

Speaking of Mega-Tek, I am relaxed (btw).

Here are some of the concoctions I've been using lately:

Plain
Mixed with The Pomade Shop's Peppermint Pomade
Mixed with M/N
Mixed with PALTAS

I made these up in separate bottles & jars and will rotate them.
Idare and Charmtresse

I am relaxed currently 3 weeks post.

My hair gets wet at least 5 times a week. (luckily or unluckily) I have to drive past my gym to get home. So I stop over, exercise and got to the steam room. I either water was or co-wash or dc. It all depends on what i have done the day before.

I have a MN/sulphur mix I use nightly, so I now want to alternate that with LSGT.

I am currently looking for thickness, then I know length will come. My hair has started to thicken. I started my healthy!! hair journey this February.

So that is my plan, I will see if I can take LSGT on my scalp with no itches. If it works I will be in heaven...

Just been moaned at by hubby about my hair products lol... My excuse is I also have 2 daughters to train in good healthy hair practices....

I want long hair!!!!!NOW

Kentmane

IDareT'sHair

Yes I an still using it going to get a new one today. I don't know if has made any difference to my thickness yet it is early days.

My hair is SL but very thin due to back to back weaves in the past (Now I know better). I am aiming for
- Thickness of current strands (which seems to be happening)
- stimulate to scalp for the sluggish follicles to wake up.

But what I have noticed is this the hair near my scalp give or take 2 inches is getting thicker than the ends. The ends are healthy but thinner.

I will continue with using it this way till End of September, when I will end my current stretch, Which will be 18 weeks