LeKair Shea Butter Cholesterol Cream Conditioner

santia

I'm going to Sally's before this weekend is over. I was trying to stay away from products this weekend, but I guess that's done and over with now...

LovelyLionessa

I have never seen the much talked about LeKair Shea Butter Cholesterol. My Wal-Mart only sells the LeKair Cholesterol Plus and I love that. I bet would like the Shea Butter one too. Where do you guys get it?

krissyprissy

I found it at the bss near my house after going to Walmart and Sally's first, neither store had it. They only sold the cholesterol plus. I will try it tonight. This hot weather is drying out my hair.

Candy_C

this stuff was great by the way. i'm going to look for more. clarifying is a must though. i used it for 2 weeks in JA and my hair was always soft and moisturized.

Kimberly

I used it this weekend as a prepoo...it did really, really well...that was the last of it though and I'm trying not to buy anything else from this day forward.

krissyprissy

Well I used this conditioner and it was ok for softness but it left my hair smelling good all day. When I run out I wont be buying it again.

pattycake0701

I bought this stuff before I knew this thread existed. I tried it straight from the jar as a leave in according to the directions. I don't know...I think there's a typo in the directions because it seems a bit too thick as a leave-in. I also tried it as a co-wash mixed with a little bit of EVOO to thin it out. I wasn't pleased with the results, my hair felt too coated, no slip, not enough moisture. I'm going to use this as a used my cholesterol conditioners in the past, as a deep treatment. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Priestess said:
I have never seen the much talked about LeKair Shea Butter Cholesterol. My Wal-Mart only sells the LeKair Cholesterol Plus and I love that. I bet would like the Shea Butter one too. Where do you guys get it?
I'm wondering where to get this also. I've only seen the kind by Lustrasilk.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I've been using Queen Helene's Cholesterol conditioner in rotation with my MNT and some other cheapie conditioner's for my daily co-washes. It must be working because my hair is being very *obedient*...laying down on command :lachen:

joyous

pattycake0701 said:
I bought this stuff before I knew this thread existed. I tried it straight from the jar as a leave in according to the directions. I don't know...I think there's a typo in the directions because it seems a bit too thick as a leave-in. I also tried it as a co-wash mixed with a little bit of EVOO to thin it out. I wasn't pleased with the results, my hair felt too coated, no slip, not enough moisture. I'm going to use this as a used my cholesterol conditioners in the past, as a deep treatment. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

I also used this long before this thread and absolutely hated it. It also made my hair feel coated and did not provide the moisture I was seeking. I threw the jar away after using it about 3 times.

santia

I finally purchased this and just tried it quickly. As soon as I put it on my hair it started to melt down like butter. I too agree this is a keeper. Another plus is the BSS where I live sells it for $1.99 and she always keeps it in stock. I just never paid attention to it.

Sweet_Ambrosia

pattycake0701 said:

I dont follow the directions to a T.
It is too thick to use as a leave in, most cholesterol conditioners should be rinsed out.
I've always used it as a deep conditioning treatment, I :love: it!

pattycake0701

Sweet_Ambrosia said:
I dont follow the directions to a T.
It is too thick to use as a leave in, most cholesterol conditioners should be rinsed out.
I've always used it as a deep conditioning treatment, I :love: it!

Okay, so yesterday, I tried it as a deep conditioner, after my shampoo. I'm impressed! Its better than most of the orange-peach colored cholesterols I've tried, and it left my hair feeling more moisturized. Yep, I think this one's a keeper!:cool:

glamazon386

This is one of my favs too :) BraveNewGirl, I don't think there's a difference but I tried the LustraSilk Shea Mango one and it was runny compared to the LeKair. My hair didn't like it at all. It's sitting under my sink with everything else I didn't like or don't use.

LovelyLionessa

bravenewgirl87 said:
Is there any difference btw this one and the other brands of Cholesterol, like Queen Helene?

There is a big difference IMO ingriedient wise. The Queen Helene version contains SLS for one.

Musicachic

Do you all leave it in as a moisturizer or do you rinse it out?

I just recently bought the LeKair Shea Butter Cholesterol Cream Conditioner and the package does not say to rinse it out at the end, like the orange Cholesterol Plus does. So I was wondering about this as well... Have people used it both ways? And their end result as a leave in? :rocker: