Lemme See Your Nape!

PlanetCybertron

Concerning my nape, it’s a bit weird. It tends to do whatever it wants. My nape isn’t the longest of my hairs, but it’s very close. My nape reaches BCL.

I don’t really do much to it, and to be honest it’s the part of my hair that I put shampoo on the most. It’s also the part that I relax first, and it refuses to accept even a super strength relaxer. So I just let it be.

I will say that I’m somewhat mindful of it though. I wear buns a lot and they’re extremely loose in the back so I don’t irritate my nape. I’m also heavy handed with serums concerning my nape as I tend to put a lot back there to get it to behave. I put protein leave ins more so than moisture leaveins on my nape too so that’s probably another reason it’s managed to get this long.

On the down side my nape is the MOST sensitive area concerning my scalp. During the summer months it’s incredibly itchy, and aside from where my bangs are it generates the most dandruff. I speculate it has something to do with my hair being finer back there and my scalp is just open to anything. Weather, backs of shirts, dirt, dust, sweat, etc.

Here’s a picture. The middle looks pretty short, but I think it’s due to my hair being wet, and partly the longer baby hairs I have. Fills out a bit better once it’s dry.
via Imgflip Meme Generator

metro_qt

Screenshot_20181117-104907_Gallery.jpg

I came in here to update my original post with the nape pic I promised.

I chopped my hair off last September with about half an inch of hair all around. I also got about 2 inches of my nape cut off in May when I got my Deva cut.
As of today, it's about 7-7.5" long.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Here’s my nape. I finally took a picture lol. My hair really loves itself, but I have to do stuff so it won’t tangle and picking everyday is not in my cards. I tried so hard to get a progress picture but this is as good as it gets, fat neck and all:lachen:
Wow Girl! Your hair has really grown! See this is what I love about hair is that IT GROWS BACK....which means there's hope in case I am ever victim of a set back. Girl look at that growth!!! I'm so excited for you. I remember when you were left alone in the house and cut it :lachen::drunk::lachen:. Private time makes one think....

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Wow Girl! Your hair has really grown! See this is what I love about hair is that IT GROWS BACK....which means there's hope in case I am ever victim of a set back. Girl look at that growth!!! I'm so excited for you. I remember when you were left alone in the house and cut it :lachen::drunk::lachen:. Private time makes one think....
Thanks hun :love: I just let Sybil do her thing lol, and you remember that :lachen:man I was too outdone lmao. I’ll over analyze a situation to DEATH

Now she’s resting in little two strand twists ponytails. She’s getting too long to be resting as freely as she was lol

regina07

My nape has always been shorter than the rest of my hair, fine and easily tangled. When my hair was HL, wearing it out was a problem because my nape hair would tangle with and rub against the long hair. I also realized that unlike many folks, my length came from the crown because my nape doesn't grow longer than 3-5 inches.

pikkonoloidlee

Here's mine. My nape always seems to be the longest part of my hair. I think it's because the hair strands are thicker there and the texture is also looser so it's less likely to tangle as well. I don't really treat it any differently from the rest of my hair.

As for problems, I had some breakage early last year fron consistently parting my hair down the middle and pulling my hair too tight so now I just let my hair be a bit fuzzy and if a portion of my hair is too short I just tuck it in. It seems to be recovering well.

Attachments

• IMG_20190104_203513357-02.jpeg
    IMG_20190104_203513357-02.jpeg
    386.3 KB · Views: 44

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
My nape has never been an issue. It’s the back crown only on the left side that struggles. That area just doesn’t grow. Idk. My daughter struggles with her nape. She’s coily, cottony 4c. I try to keep it moisturized and braided up.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I have one lil patch that's growing back. It broke off due to quarantine neglect. :cry3:

But the rest is similar length as rest of hair. During the winter I make sure that I regularly moisturize due to contact with collars and other mechanical friction.