Lengthen Your Crown Challenge

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I'm adding Bamboo Tea to my repertoire. Apparently it is very high in silica which is good for hair, skin, nails. There is a recent thread about it.

I get my box today and will drink this tea daily. BeautifullyBamboo.com (10% off w/'BeautyBamboo') suggests a 30-day trial, so I will update maybe at the 15 and 30-day marks. I plan to only measure my crown area as growth anywhere else is a bonus. I will just keep a watch on other areas.

mzhotniz86

Tips for the crown if (from my experience)if you relax your hair do this section LAST so relaxer is not on there as long. if it seems "brittle" , dry or breaking ,or even if ng seems thicker than the rest of hair chances are it is OVERPROCESSED ( usually bc we tend to start in the middle when relaxing when parting into sections) .Give it a chance to catch up with the rest of the hair. do protein treatments & keep it moisturized. Trim off the thin scraggly ends so they dont tangle around the other hair. After washing, get the conditioner deep down in there in sections (sometimes we overlook this section by only slathering dc on the surface). Minimize heat use & minimize tension (ponytails ,tight braids, tight rollers..). When sitting under the hooded dryer in rollers, spritz this section occasionally cause it dries quicker than the rest of hair. Try not to comb or manipulate this section while its wet, finger comb it. These tips have been helping me grow back my crown for now.

BeautyByYasmine

Tips for the crown if (from my experience)if you relax your hair do this section LAST so relaxer is not on there as long. if it seems "brittle" , dry or breaking ,or even if ng seems thicker than the rest of hair chances are it is OVERPROCESSED ( usually bc we tend to start in the middle when relaxing when parting into sections) .Give it a chance to catch up with the rest of the hair. do protein treatments & keep it moisturized. Trim off the thin scraggly ends so they dont tangle around the other hair. After washing, get the conditioner deep down in there in sections (sometimes we overlook this section by only slathering dc on the surface). Minimize heat use & minimize tension (ponytails ,tight braids, tight rollers..). When sitting under the hooded dryer in rollers, spritz this section occasionally cause it dries quicker than the rest of hair. Try not to comb or manipulate this section while its wet, finger comb it. These tips have been helping me grow back my crown for now.
This is great, thanks for sharing @mzhotniz86 !

GGsKin

Ok so after about 3 or 4 wash days using a method of separating my hair into 10-12 bantu knots (grouping my various lengths), I've given up. It was too longwinded and was putting me off doing my hair.

I've gone back to taking small sections from one mass of hair, working up from the nape. My wash days are long enough with all the finger detangling. I've rinsed/ washed my hair twice this week and I'll probably do something today making it number 3, so yay for increased washes.

ms.blue

Update: I have stopped bunning my hair as I realize that it was causing tension at my crown and breakage. I have went back to wigs but I changed my braiding pattern from cornrows to individual braids. I section my hair in 5 sections and each section while damp, 2 medium size braids in each. The crown is the last section to get braided and where I apply the hair products the most. Since doing this, I realized my crown hair are finer than the rest of my hair which are medium strands mixed with a little thick strands.

MizzBFly

I have to join this challenge @BeautyByYasmine . I just saw this thread better 2 months late than never.

Current Length: BSL
Crown Length: 2 inches or less in crown
Hair: natural
Goal Month: 1st goal, moisturize and scalp massage that area daily until I see improvement
Current Regimen: Weekly wash, DC, Air Dry, Twist Out or medium twists all over ( I want to add bunning to this)
Method for improving your crown: I plan to separate the crown about 5 inches vertical down head & 3 inches wide of crown disaster. I'm so down about it because I caused the shortness with a frustrated big chop in that area, it felt so dry and brittle and tangled- although it grew at the same pace as the rest of my head. The bright side:my hair is so thick and full, you cannot tell that my hair is that short in the crown, I can wear it out and it looks bomb-ish(added the ish since I know the potential that is lacking)
OK so what I have to be committed to is:
1. I have to replace my water filter it was due in March
2. consistently scalp massage and take my silica vitamins
3. keep the crown seperated, moisturized
4. get a sandwich baggy and do the GHE to that portion nightly.

I have a long..long..long way to go because the rest of my hair is much longer than the crown area now.... My crown area needs to be added to the prayer circle:look:

Smiley79

My crown isn't doing so great. I can literally feel a significant thinness in that area. Meanwhile the rest of my hair is doing quite well. smh

GGsKin

:bighug:@Smiley79 At least the rest of your hair is doing well.

I haven't been showing my my hear let alone my crown Any special attention. I've massaged a couple times. That is all:look:.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I trimmed about 2 inches from my crown earlier this month. I didn't want to lose that much length, but my ends look a lot better now.