Lets jam hair loss

DarkGoddess

Hey Ladies,

I have a question for you. Have any of you had any experiences with jam causing hair loss? I have been using jam off and on since childhood, and I have never had a problem at all. Today I noticed a bald spot close to my hair line. Upon further inspection my entire hairline is being eaten away. The only thing I have done differently is I put some jam on my edges the past few days. My hair is natural, and I don't do anything to my hair that would cause any pulling at my edges. Has anyone else ever experienced this?? I am devastated right now.

Thanks!

Iluvsmuhgrass

No I haven't. My niece uses that product religiously and there's no hair loss at all. If you think it's causing your hairline to recede you may want to stop usage immediately.

Do you use a scarf method for smoothing or tie your hair up at night? Is it possible that it's adding tension? What styles are you wearing and could they place tension on your edges? How's your health? Are you under stress?

Maybe some of the other ladies can chime in. Hope you figure out what's going on soon. Try not to worry too much. :bighug:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
the pudding used to phluck up my perm. a month ago i tried the new custard on my natural. bad idea. i had hair breakage and heavy shedding for a long time after. and barely had it on 3 hours before noticing and washed it off! ended up having to clarify it out to stop breakage.

faithVA

I used Let's Jam way back in the day when I was relaxed. I was advised by my stylist not to use it too often. My edges were too dry to be able to handle it. You may want to check the ingredient list. It may just be drying to your hair but concealed because its more of a wet gel. So it may be drying your edges out without you realizing it.

yorkpatties

Welcome to the board. I haven't used Jam in years, okay, I only used it once for my Jr High prom and lets not discuss how long ago that was. If you suspect it's the Jam then stop i immediately. Take note of the ingredients too. Sometimes we may use something for years but have a reaction years later because 1) Maybe they changed the ingredients and didn't tell us 2) Environmental factors that make our body react in a different way to products/foods. If you continue to see hairloss or your hairline is not improving, then please see a dermatologist. Many of us put this off for way too long all the while continue to lose more and more hair.

LexiDior

I use this and i always use it with an oil or grease for added moisture. Im not sure which one you are using but it may have alcohol so that could be drying your hair out.

Lylddlebit

Not me I used to used that stuff every day for years 10+ to slick my hair back in a ponytail or bun. I loved that stuff. No hair loss as the result of it.