Let's Start an MN Challenge!!!!

Aggie

I have not been applying my MN for about 3 weeks and probably won't while I still have my sew-in. I'm waiting to take it down before I start again. I did get a lot of growth from the 2 months I've been using it though. I think I got about 1 and 1/2 inches from it and I haven't even been consistent. Needless to say, this will be a staple of miine for a long while.

unique4lyfe33

i want to join this challenge. i havent bought the mn yet but i plan on buying it n a couple of dayz. (is everyone using the mn 2% is there a diff between 4%? i will be mixing mine with my doo gro oil, mango oil, tea tree oil. i wanted to try glycerin with this as well is they recommended? i will use it every other day.

PuffyBrown

I just bought Neosporin last week but I have only used it twice. (FORGOT). Will use every other day to see how it works.
Count me in.

Okay, with the renewed interest in MN, why don't we start an MN challenge?

Here are the proposed rules:

1 - You must be new to using MN (i.e. you just started using it within the last week or so)

2 - You must use MN for 6 weeks either daily or every other day (or twice a day if that's your thing) and track your progress. There will be a midway check in at about 3 weeks.

3 - You must share how you're using MN (solo, mixture, etc.)

4 - You're permitted a 1 week "bye" if you have a relaxer coming up.

And, of course, if you have any adverse effects, of course you can drop it.

So, who's game?

MidBackCrisis

1 - You must be new to using MN (i.e. you just started using it within the last week or so)

2 - You must use MN for 6 weeks either daily or every other day (or twice a day if that's your thing) and track your progress. There will be a midway check in at about 3 weeks.

So, who's game?

I will join... As soon as I find out what MN is and where I can get it:grin:

Amz87

Originally Posted by NYLegalNewbie

So, who's game?

Count me in. Starting today.
I've got a weave sewn in at the moment. But i was going to start using MN Mixed with Sulphur 8 on my scalp anyway. However, I've noticed alot of people say they're not going to use it while they've got weave sewn in. Why's this?

Should i wait until I take mine out?

PuffyBrown

One day last week, I got the walgreens miconzole brand it says its 4%.

Does anybody know why this stuff makes hair grow.
I know that its probally been explained already but I forgot the answer.

Peaches75

Does anyone have progress to post? I have been using mn off & on, but fell off the last couple of months. I am getting ready to start it back and wanted to see others progress to get me back motivated, I have been in a hair slump .

Surfer Girl

Dont know if I can officially say I am in the challange or not...I started right off with it about a month or so ago, didn't use regular and didnt take pics. I am taking them tonight after I wash my hair. I did see alot of growth. It makes my hair softer. I feel like it makes my hair lay down and don't need a relaxer. Anyone else feel this change in hair texture? Or was my hair always like this and I never knew??!!??I use it straight, part my hair and put it on. The best thing, I had battled a nasty, flaking scalp with horrific itch for 20 years. Spent i dont know how much on prescription shampoos and the like there of, and to come here and find this has been the best surprise in my life. From day 2 I have not seen a single flake:bouncy:. None, nada zip. I am happy about that alone. It was so embarrasing, in my hairline, in my eyebrows. just horrible. Now...GONE and growing hair replacing it.

R

Reslnt1

Does anyone have progress to post? I have been using mn off & on, but fell off the last couple of months. I am getting ready to start it back and wanted to see others progress to get me back motivated, I have been in a hair slump .

look at chavascandy

MissKim

Count me in. I started using MN last Friday. I purchased a generic MN from Walgreens and mixed it with an organic lavendar and tea tree oil from a health food store. I applied the mixture to my scalp last Friday and Sunday. I got my touch up this Wednesday (4/2/08), I applied the mixture to my scalp last night. I think I will apply it 2 - 3 times a week.

~Kim

Bumbobee

I'm in too. Just got some MN - monistat 7 - that's cool, right. Not sure what I'll mix it with - maybe my pink oil, wonder 8 oil mix that I put my in hair before bed. Is anyone using this stuff everyday? If so, what kind of results are you getting or should I go for 2-3 times a week? This seems to be the norm.

Aggie

I'm in too. Just got some MN - monistat 7 - that's cool, right. Not sure what I'll mix it with - maybe my pink oil, wonder 8 oil mix that I put my in hair before bed. Is anyone using this stuff everyday? If so, what kind of results are you getting or should I go for 2-3 times a week? This seems to be the norm.

2 to 3 times per week is enough. I use it 3 times per week though. I found that when I used it everyday, the buildup was too much for my hair to handle and I had to clarify it wayyy too often.

luckiestdestiny

I'm checking in to the challenge and....:yep:MN Works!!!

I am simply amazed at my results, no lie!!! I took a picture October 7th and one today, Decemeber 16th and see a significant difference. I'm talking 1 1/2 inches of growth straightened with a hot comb. Mind you I BC'd / boy cut in May. My hair is length is as follows:
back-sitting on my neck, sides- fall right at lower end of ears, bang-fall 1/4 inch above brows. I can make a small pony tail

If only I knew how to transfer pics of from my cell phone to this thread...Any suggestions on how to do this?

Perhaps email it to yourself from the phone, then download it as an attachment?

VirGoViXxEn

Hi Ladies,

I have been using my MN mixture for about a week and a half now. I noticed that my scalp itches mroe frequently and i have two little bumps on my scalp. Does anyone know what this is? Should i stop using my MN altogether?

Platinum

Hi Ladies,

I have been using my MN mixture for about a week and a half now. I noticed that my scalp itches mroe frequently and i have two little bumps on my scalp. Does anyone know what this is? Should i stop using my MN altogether?

Are you mixing your MN or are you using it alone?

Platinum

Hi Ladies,

I read in another MN thread that some of the sisters here had the same issue but it means that the hair follicles are being stimulated. Do the bumps on your scalp hurt? If you're having discomfort, you may have to stop using it.

The Sweetest B

I am a newbie. So much interesting information on this entire forum. I have decided to try MN first. I have seboric dermatitis not all over my head thank god. It is a real pain in the rear. Just can't seem to get rid of it. Anyway I read somehing some where that the seboric dermatitis is a form of yeast (candida). So when I came to this forum and read about people putting MN in their hair the lights went on for me. I got to thinking well perhaps this might work on my seboric dermatitis. So first and foremost I am looking to see if it will clear up my scalp and if I experience any growth I will take that too. I will allow 30 days to assess progress.

Aggie

I am a newbie. So much interesting information on this entire forum. I have decided to try MN first. I have seboric dermatitis not all over my head thank god. It is a real pain in the rear. Just can't seem to get rid of it. Anyway I read somehing some where that the seboric dermatitis is a form of yeast (candida). So when I came to this forum and read about people putting MN in their hair the lights went on for me. I got to thinking well perhaps this might work on my seboric dermatitis. So first and foremost I am looking to see if it will clear up my scalp and if I experience any growth I will take that too. I will allow 30 days to assess progress.
Welcome to the challenge The Sweetest B, 30 days is ample time for you to see some progress with your scalp condition. Good luck with it and keep us updated. HHG.

aya221912

I'd like to join this challenge if not too late... I just got my MN from Amazon. I've gotta do TU tomorrow (I made it to 13 weeks - YEAAAA!) I'll wait a few days before starting MN. I'll post my mix and starting photo this week.

MissKim

I've been using MN faithfully since April 2nd. My next relaxer is May 16th so this will be my last week of using MN until May 17th or May 18th. I have a lot of new growth. I mixed up some more MN a couple of weeks ago and I plan to stick with that formula for a while. I haven't had any issues or problems with MN. My hair is in good conditionm I can't wait to see my hair after its relaxed.

Count me in. I started using MN last Friday. I purchased a generic MN from Walgreens and mixed it with an organic lavendar and tea tree oil from a health food store. I applied the mixture to my scalp last Friday and Sunday. I got my touch up this Wednesday (4/2/08), I applied the mixture to my scalp last night. I think I will apply it 2 - 3 times a week.

~Kim

MissKim

I have been using my MN mix for 6 weeks and I just got my touch up yesterday. I didn't use any MN this week because I knew I was getting a relaxer.

I am very pleased with the growth!!!! I plan to keep doing what I've been doing (the MN mix, my SAA enhanced products, and vitamins) because the results I got were great. I'm going to the health food store today to get some grapeseed oil and I'll mix up another batch of MN. I really think the MN works and will continue using it. I can't wait until next month :grin:

So, who's game?

missdemi

Hi I am a newbie and would like to join this challenge. I am using mn 2% with pure coconut oil jojoba oil and MSM. Am I to late?