Let's talk about grease

krissyhair

[USER=325755]317537[/USER];20253149 said:
My mom used to use blue ultra sheen on me as a kid. I always did have WL hair but it was almost always braided in 2 pigtails. I was curious about the grease sealing to keep frizz down so I put a pea sized chunk of regular Vaseline mixed in with my frizz ease and castor oil/grapeseed mix I usually use on freshly washed hair before blowdrying. Day 5 my hair is still soft n supple with no moisturizing. Sat outside in humid DMV sat nite with no frizz...I think I will keep up the Vaseline.... Thx OP for reminding us about grease!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
We always had the tiny containers of ultra sheen in our house. That smell and cherry almond jergens bring me back.

SimJam

here's what I use ... dunno the ingredients

scalp
Liquid Gold Green Magic

Hair
HV almond glaze
Oyin burnt sugar/sugarberry pomade
Qhemet aethiopika

greenandchic

I've been using Oyin Pomade and so far, so good! In the past I've only used it on my ends but my hair loves it all over.

krikit96

I'm so excited reading this thread... I re-read everything all over again and caught up on a few of the newer posts. I bought me some Blue Magic Coconut Hair grease this past weekend, a gigantic tub of it for only $2.99! I DO also remember using the little blue and green ultra sheen containers of grease back in the day too... I am going back to what had my hair long and thick as a pre-teen... grease! My mom never did any of this oil, LOC method or LCO method. I got my hair SHAMPOO'd and they put in conditioner and rinsed it out... then I'd get my hair styled. She'd grease my SCALP every week and maybe (MAYBE) twice a week. She brushed my hair with a regular brush and my hair was shiny and full of body. Even when it wasn't pressed...
I'm going back.. All these lil mini drawers of product I have... I wasn't product junky material until I joined this forum in the first place, and even then - I was greasing my scalp (although relaxed) with tcb hair grease and occasionally ultra sheen.
Thanks for this amazing thread, op! I'm sooooo going back to what I grew up on.... I don't know WHY I thought I had to change what my hair was already used to just because I joined this forum.... :yep:

Destiny9109

I'm about to oil my scalp now with the Doo Gro Mega Thick Growth Oil.
I prefer liquid oils and not solids, it's just easier to apply.

Beamodel

Applied HH jar of joe to my scalp. Moisturized with APB marshmallow leave in. HH pink lemon berry mimosa. Sealed with HV Vatika frosting

Destiny9109

I love this one too. I used it when I first started my hair journey, it's actually the very first product I purchased after reading the hair boards. Castor oil was everywhere lol

Of course it's not the "real stuff"

hollywood-beauty-castor-oil-hair-treatment-7-5.jpeg

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I've been seeing posts on Fb and now this thread on here. I love hair grease. I used to use Hairveda's Almond Glaze, Hemp Seed Butter, and I can't think of that grease like product from Qhem but used that too. I'm bout to get me some hair grease. I use shea butter to grease my scalp too.

krissyhair

I WNG almost every day...can someone share where grease fits in for them for a WNG? TIA!

I put some grease, about a nickel size amount, on my ends while it's still wet and rub the excess around my hair line, in the front and back.

robot.

Thanks ladies!

I have a twa so all my hair gets the same treatment. I may pick up some mineral oil to use as a sealant since petrolatum may be too heavy/thick for my entire head.

krissyhair

Thanks ladies!

I have a twa so all my hair gets the same treatment. I may pick up some mineral oil to use as a sealant since petrolatum may be too heavy/thick for my entire head.

I've used mineral oil in the past. To be exact, it was Johnson's baby oil with aloe and vitamin e. Regular baby oil is just mineral oil and fragrance, this one was mineral oil, fragrance, aloe, and vitamin e. The slip was crazy, but I think the petroleum is better. I use the baby oil for skin daily.

coolsista-paris

I've used mineral oil in the past. To be exact, it was Johnson's baby oil with aloe and vitamin e. Regular baby oil is just mineral oil and fragrance, this one was mineral oil, fragrance, aloe, and vitamin e. The slip was crazy, but I think the petroleum is better. I use the baby oil for skin daily.

i forgot about johnsins baby! :)

PlainJane

How often do you apply grease to your hair between washes? How much do you use?

Honestly, I'm heavy handed because I don't want to reapply throughout the week. This may only work for me though because I'm bunning and try not to style a lot throughout the week. I applied grease on wash day 5 days ago and just took my hair down and it's still extremely soft.

Grease is a keeper for me. But like I said before, I'm still going to monitor my hair very closely to see if this is actually working.

coolsista-paris

Honestly, I'm heavy handed because I don't want to reapply throughout the week. This may only work for me though because I'm bunning and try not to style a lot throughout the week. I applied grease on wash day 5 days ago and just took my hair down and it's still extremely soft. Grease is a keeper for me. But like I said before, I'm still going to monitor my hair very closely to see if this is actually working.

i also washed. tension blow dried. i used grease.
took my bun down yesterday after 5 days : soft hair. non greasy just like it should be. :)

letting my hair breath now until next ps. monday i guess.

on workdays i wear ps . on weekends do what i want but sometimes stay in ps too.
laziness can help sometimes lol

Mz.MoMo5235

Any one else start singing salt n pepper when ever they see this thread?

Any who. I have returned to grease! I had to! My hair was thirsty!!!!

But I make my own grease. As of today she's a happy mop of hair