Lets talk shampoo

naturalTAN

@naturalTAN, @babyu21 Wow, you guys really have an aversion to shampoos! I use both SLS and non-SLS and I use them at least twice a week, sometimes two times in a wash (like before and after Emergencée) and I DO NOT USE any leave-in products on my hair that would need to be "clarified" so I'm usually basically washing bare hair frequently with shampoo, and yet I do not find the shampoos I mentioned drying at all. And I have the driest of all hair types: 4B!!! Weird!

Nonie

It only seems to be Trader Joe's shampoos that strip my hair though. Even the Elasta QP wasn't stripping and it's non-SLS as well. I love the scent of TJ's, however. I wish they made it in a body wash or body spritz.

candy626

I really wanted to find a great Sulfate free shampoo but they are all drying, and trust me I have tried quite a few. Now I am going to just go back to using what works regardless of if it has sulfates

I have found this to also be true. The best shampoo I used was Creme of Nature's Moisturizing shampoo (old bottle and formula) which has sulfates. I'm using Mixed Silk Shampoo currently which is supposedly sulfate free but feels very much like regular shampoo.

I've gotten some great ideas from this thread though. Think I will try Elasta QP or Motions Moisturizing Shampoo..

candy626

@Nonie

It only seems to be Trader Joe's shampoos that strip my hair though. Even the Elasta QP wasn't stripping and it's non-SLS as well. I love the scent of TJ's, however. I wish they made it in a body wash or body spritz.

Trader Joes shampoos made my hair into a dry matted mess.

greenbees

I love CON Argan Oil shampoo. Their original formula detangling shampoo is amazing too.
I also love Elucence's shampoo (I think it's their moisturizing shampoo), it gentle on my hair and smells like peaches. :yep: :lick:

I haven't used them in a while but Chargin Valley's extra honey, beer, and egg shampoo bar is fantastic!

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

longfroinghair

I LOVE Curl Junkie's Gentle Cleansing Shampoo. It's sulfate free, smells nice. My hair's protein sensitive and this has no protein at all. It also has coco-betaine so it gets rid of cones; I never have to use a sulfate. It detangles and isn't drying.

My little bro has an afro and he uses the Curl Junkie Daily Fix. It has a little protein (fine-haired so he needs it) and the peppermint oil makes his scalp tingle and gets rid of his itchy scalp.

coracaox

I use aanwar black soap shampoo. It has black soap aloe banana and water. It smells like black soap it's a little drying if used in excess

lamaria211

SM organic coconut & hibiscus curl shampoo and AO Rosa Mosqueta nourishing shampoo

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using SPH-M820-BST