letter to Barack Obama

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

meanwhile.....everyone (Palin---> ho sit down!) has their hand in sending the president advice & strategy on how to handle the white house. Appreciative? or out of order:ohwell:

check out Anderson Cooper's letter to your "less experienced opponent" & president of the United States?

Dear Mr. President,
Ask any beginning chess player to name the most important piece on the board, and chances are good he or she will say the queen (<--who dat? subliminal reference). The queen is wildly mobile, hugely powerful, and much to be respected in every contest (cough....hmmmmm), but especially one between less experienced players(<---who dat?:drunk:. subliminal reference #2)But give a grand master a choice between a queen, and say a bishop and two rooks, and chances are good he will take the minor pieces:wallbash:. Because, just as I wrote yesterday, the power of the team is so fearsome compared to the power of the single combatant.

One of the principles of chess, just in case you don’t play much(<---MR. PRESIDENT, CASE U AIN'T GETTING MY POINT:blush:), (Oh sure, you were probably one of those fancy college students who went on ‘dates’!) is to “control the center” of the board, and that takes a team more than one powerful individual.
Why? Well, imagine football players standing in opposite end zones. If they were simply going to scrum around the ball on the fifty yard line and wrestle for control, and one team charged our in force to that position, they would have an advantage. The other team could send out its biggest, strongest, most terrifying player<----(who dat? ), but he’d be helpless against the larger numbers.

So in chess, when one player builds a strong front of coordinated pieces (a team as it were) in the middle of the board, chances are good that he can “control the center” in chess parlance. And that buys him flexibility and mobility. A strong center is a shield behind which attacks can be organized, reorganized, shifted from one side of the board to the other with impunity, and unleashed in unstoppable assaults.

A key, amateur mistake is to thrust the very powerful queen into the midst of an opponent’s hardening center in the belief that she can somehow wreak havoc and win the day. But against a seasoned player, she will soon be hoisting her skirts and running for her life as she is attacked time and again by lesser pieces working in concert with each other.
My point is (and I’ll get to it before the chess talk lulls you into a stupor) is that it is easy for anyone, in any field, to be lured into false bravado by the presence of power; to think that one great player can lead to victory.
But we all should be careful about believing that lie, and especially careful when we hear it about ourselves. It is seductive, and flattering, but still false. And good teams take advantage of great individual players all the time who fall into that trap.
Sorry to be so heavy on a weekend, but it’s been on my mind. Heading to New Mexico today on the latest leg of our Building Up America series. Hope you watch!
Regards,
Tom<----Anderson Cooper

what is you take on what he's DEFINITELY (lol) trying to say?

p.s. pick lettering are my additions only

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/16/dear-mr-president-482-the-queens-gambit/

Americka

The ladies in the Political Forum would find this letter very interesting. You should PM a mod and ask them to move it there.

Americka

ok sure! as soon as i figure out how to pm a mod! lol

No problem! Their names are at the bottom of the main page in green. Click on one of their names (Allandra is usually on this side alot) and underneath the picture is a send message option. Choose private message (pm). HTH!