LHCF 2013 Bootcamp

****Copied straight from the 2012 thread****

Due to popular demand ...here is the sign-up thread for 2012 LHCF Bootcamp!!!

Everyone, please include your STARTING POINT PICTURE with your sign-up post. Thanks!

LHCF BOOTCAMP is the ULTIMATE
Length Retention Challenge!
It is a combination of some of the most successful LHCF challenges (based on my thread research ) and those that require the most discipline. This challenge is not for the faint of heart, fickle, or easily swayed but for those who are unwaveringly determined to retain every mm of growth that comes out of their scalp in 2012.

Here are the RULES:
1. No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable)
2. No Trimming (Dusting is allowed)
3. Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash
4. Wear Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or
Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles

This challenge will have 4 sessions.
Session One: January 1 - March 31
Session Two: April 1 - June 30
Session Three: July 1- September 30
Session Four: October 1 - December 15

Those who make it through all 4 sessions will reap the greatest hair reward!!

Cheat Sheet
You will have one emergency pass for each session. Use them wisely! Please post to the monthly update when you have used one.
ONLY ONE EXCUSE!!! <---- My mean face

CONSEQUENCES If you are serious about this challenge, you can decide on a punishment if you do not live up to the requirements. For example: No fried food for a month, 2x my normal exercise for two weeks, No LHCF website for two weeks, No new products for two months, etc.

ACCOUNTABILITY: Throughout the challenge, we will post monthly updates.

DOES YOUR HAIR WANT TO REAP THE BENEFITS OF BOOTCAMP?

I am going to commit to ____ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _______________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:
(Please add no later than January 1, 2012)

***If you have questions about Bootcamp, please PM me as I may miss it in this thread. Thanks and Happy Hair Growing***

Participants:
EverythingOldIsNew
Youwillrise
lamaria211
Ogoma
TheVioletVee
ezina
alove15
Froreal3
aa9746
onhergrind09
KaramelDiva1978
Jesusislove1526
Dominicanbrazilian82
LexiDior
Lexxi
Cattypus1

Last edited:

youwillrise

im in.

I am going to commit to __FOUR__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _____NO NEW PRODUCTS OR ACCESSORIES__________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

my protective style of choice are mini twists (on my own hair), which i will be wearing for 4 to 6 weeks at a time depending on what my hair needs, how i feel & what they look like. im washing/rinsing & dc'ing once a week (only using shampoo, mostly on my scalp, every other week).

im currently in mini twists, almost at the 2 week mark. i plan on taking these out to redo just before the new year...so i will post start pictures then.

best wishes to everyone in the challenge!

edit:

this picture was taken december 29, 2012.

i really feel like my hair just isnt growing past this length. i mean, i did have a bit of a setback this year, but still...i just feel like this length is...IT for me. i hope not. we'll see what 2013 has to bring.

(ps...there's conditioner on the other sections of my hair)

Attachments

• 122920121.jpg
    122920121.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

lamaria211

I am going to commit to __all 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _No new products I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

ForumRunner_20121208_114721.jpg

ForumRunner_20121208_114743.jpg

Flawlis1

Awww man! I know my hair would thrive greatly in this bootcamp.... But rules 1,3, and 4 would be a problem for me, I'll have to sit this one out :^(

TheVioletVee

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no desserts/sweets for 2 weeks. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Attachments

• IMG_20121114_224252.jpg
    IMG_20121114_224252.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 86

ezina

This won't be too bad. In a sense, I've been doing "bootcamp" since I started my hair journey.

I am going to commit to all sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be miss a week of my favorite tv shows. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

[Will add around Christmas time when I get my hair pressed. I will add two types of pictures: one of my hair pressed and one of my hair in mini braids. I only intend to have my hair pressed 2 times in 2013 thus the reason why I will also be using mini braids.]

alove15

I am going to commit to _4___ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _______no eating out, no fun websites, and working out everyday for a week________. I am doing a no heat in 2013 challenge so this ties in perfectly.

image-91030483.jpg

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
This will be good for me since this is already my reggie. It will encourage me to stick to it.

I Froreal3 am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no weight training for a week/only 1 hour of cardio per day.

I will post a starting pic when I take down these twists in two weeks.

aa9746

I am going to commit to __4_ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be __No Cafeland for a week____. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I'll post starting picture around end of December.

Onhergrind09

I'm in! I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be an extra HIIT session per violation. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture: Will post by the end of the year so I can have a updated pict of where I'm starting.

This is pretty much my regimen, so with continued consistency I know I'll get the results I want :).

KaramelDiva1978

Perfect! I do this already!! Definitely committing to two sessions and hoping to be BSL by June 30th. Will be back with more info shortly.

jesusislove1526

I, jesusislove1526, am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no sweets for 2 weeks. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

This is wonderful, because I do these things already. Besides a possible blowout in May for my 2nd curlyversary, and an annual flat ironing during Thanksgiving or Christmas, my hair will be in mini braids for all of 2013. I will keep them in for 5-6 weeks at a time.

I will post my starting pics on December 31st. My annual flat iron for this year will be during the Christmas holidays, so my hair will be straight for the beginning pictures, but I may post a beginning set of mini braids pictures as well. I will be putting in my first set for 2013 no later than January 3rd.

DominicanBrazilian82

EverythingOldIsNew

I am going to commit to four sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be Friday nights' in for two weeks to pamper my hair. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

image-1198533858.jpg

Last edited:

LexiDior

I am going to commit to 1 session of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no fast food for a week. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Attachments

• IMG_20121202_143847.jpg
    IMG_20121202_143847.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

lexxi

I am going to commit myself 2 session. If I violate the rules my punishment is no pig or cow for one month. My protective style is wigs and braid outs and bun.

I will be coming up with a brand new routine for this winter. I've never wigged so this shall be exciting.

My plan is one weekly dc on Sunday for 30mins. On the last week of the month i will shampoo and dc for a hr.when hair is in wig I rock my Braids and on the weekend take the braids down and rock a braid out bun or braid out. I will still use my mega tek I love the thickness and growth I've gotten. I still take garlic and msm pills(helps with my right arm pain). Now I want to get some Jamaican black castor oil, vatika oil , and alma for my dc, and I think the conditioner of my choice will be undecided until I do research as well as my shampoo. My goal next yr will be bsl.

Btw:
Starting pic I don't really have a good one yet but will update one the last week of dec.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I am going to commit to 2 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no tea or beer for two weeks. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

My plan:
Wen Cleanse & DC (heat cap) at least once weekly and as needed
Henndigo treatment once monthly
Twistout/air dry styling exclusively
Texlax to begin 3-month+ stretch Jan 20th (ends current 6-month stretch)
Add cerimides to current regimen - Burt's Bees Baby Bee Oil & Nexxus Leave-in

Today's Stretched Length (almost APL in the back)

image-4099480874.jpg

Not as flexible as I used to be...couldn't get my finger to the end of the curl.

image-2098971562.jpg

01.19.2013 Update. Relax/Texlax day. I'm claiming APL, Flat-ironed no finger needed. Official beginning of boot camp for me.

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
@lamaria211 looks like we may be length twins. I'd post pics but this site isn't letting me. Are you natural or relaxed? I thought I saw you mention you had relaxed recently.

lamaria211

@lamaria211 looks like we may be length twins. I'd post pics but this site isn't letting me. Are you natural or relaxed? I thought I saw you mention you had relaxed recently.

Yes I texlaxed after 3 years of being natural and I'm loving it. We can be grow buddies:) I need a budy

Rozlewis

Count me in.

I am going to commit to _2___ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _no ned products or accessories for 2 weeks______________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Starting pictures to be posted soon.

charmtreese

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be No sweets for a week. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I will post starting pics when I get home later today.

image-1669123809.jpg

Shrinkage

image-2374645197.jpg

Failed flat iron

Last edited:
Guess I better sign up, lol.

I am going to commit to __4_ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be NO WINE FOR A WEEK. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

From today

image-1451192919.jpg

sharifeh

I am going to commit to _4___ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be ______double exercise for a week_________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture: will post asap

Ogoma

I am side eyeing some of these punishments selected by my fellow participants :lol:. It is not a punishment for you to not do what you shouldn't have been doing anyway. I am going to call out the winos, sweet tooth-ers, junk food bandits :lol:.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I am side eyeing some of these punishments selected by my fellow participants :lol:. It is not a punishment for you to not do what you shouldn't have been doing anyway. I am going to call out the winos, sweet tooth-ers, junk food bandits :lol:.

You are getting my infamous "shut-up, girl!" Punishment is in the eye of the beholder, or punished as the case may be...LOL

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I am going to commit to All 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be to be super sweet to DH for the following week (don't judge me :yep: :blush:). I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

COMING 12/27/12

I'll be doing weekly steam DC'ing, air drying, rollersetting and wearing buns throughout 2013.

EverythingOldIsNew

Last edited:

wheezy807

I would love to participate! I am anticipating a much needed hair cut right before christmas so this will definitely put on the track to success.

I am going to commit to _4_ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _taking a one mile walk twice a week for a month_. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

(Please add no later than January 1, 2013)

Last edited:

lyricallysound

I am going to commit to _4_ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _no cokes for a week_. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Attachments

• DSCN0897.jpg
    DSCN0897.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN0899.jpg
    DSCN0899.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 12

ladyscorpian14

I am going to commit to __all__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be __gym twice a day_____________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!