LHCF 2013 Bootcamp

Babygrowth

My hair seems to be doing well with weekly wash sessions and cornrows. I m/s 2x a day and I may be able to cut back to just 1x since my hair is thriving! I have another dusting in March then touchup in April and I may do a length check, wet flat wrap then idk...

lamaria211

Checking in. Rocking corn braids under a wig for the past 2 weeks. Going to DC tomorrow on dry hair with Silk Elements cholesterol

Hairtender

I haven't checked in awhile. I have had lil breakage due to co-washing. Too much manipulation for my hair and my hair loves protein so I wasn't using enough. LEARNIN'

Anywho, I have NO desire for heat. My Hubby wants me to do my hair...buns for days, however I've been telling him I WANT A WIG! Hopefully I'll get a nice one, soon, like this coming week!

Lord I want a wig!

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Have been bunning for the last two weeks, no heat since my touch-up back in Jan. the bunning doesn't seem to be my friend. If you bun, Do you ladies bun wet or dry?

growbaby

Checking in.. Have not used any form of heat so far, and have been following all the rules. My hair is currently in Senegalese twists and will stay that way until next weekend :)

growbaby

Hello out there... Pretty quiet n here.. Checking in for this week. Doing well haven't broke any rules :) my bday is next week so I may be using my pass.

Babygrowth

Same ol same ol with me... I'm thinking of doing box braids on myself. I tried senegalese twists but I couldn't get it right so maybe I can do regular ole' box braids and then keep them in until my relaxer in April... I'm tired of staring at my hair in the cornrows/wigs...

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Clarified, used some protein, detangler, and DC-ing overnight. It's become so easy and I've become so lazy. But either way, its working.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

alove15

Hey, quick update. I'm dropping the challenge since I added occasional blowdrying back into the reggie. May try again in the summer!

Hairtender

I will receive my first full lace wig in a couple of weeks.

Do any of you leave your hairline out? And if so, how do you keep your edges straight? What gel do you use?

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm still going strong. I've been Dcing consistently and keeping my hair in twists pinned or braided up. Today I dced with AO GPB. After I shampoo, I will install some smallish braids that will hopefully last me a month.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I'm rolling right along...no heat except to DC under my heat cap since my TU back in Jan. DC-ing with L'Oreal Repair mask with ceramide. Tea rinse today with my DC. A lot less shedding during comb out. Back to my fave protective style-twist out.

Last edited:

praisedancer

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no eating out. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Attachments

• IMG_20121129_153828.jpg
    IMG_20121129_153828.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 16

lamaria211

Checking in. I've been very good. Washing and DCing weekly, M&S daily also been keeping my hair tucked away under a wig most of the day. I'm about 4 months into a 6 month stretch and its going pretty decent.

lamaria211

Checking in. I did a light dusting yesterday, maybe 1/8 of an inch. Other than that I'm on my 18th week of a 6 month stretch. I've been keeping my hair protected under a wig for weeks and I just started using jbco on my scalp!

JuicyyCouTuree

Checking in.!!!!!! I'm excited... My hair isn't the healthiest so this will be perfect. I didn't get to do the 1st session but I'm excited for the ones to come. I'm determined. We can do this ladies.!!!! ;-)

I am going to commit to (-3-) sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be ( -No internet period for a month & no fast foods- ) I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

EverythingOldIsNew thanks girlie, looking forward to all the post/replies/advice

Here is my starting point picture:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2411990746.jpg
    image-2411990746.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 20
  • image-2809100363.jpg
    image-2809100363.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Babygrowth

Checking in. Still doing what I've been doing. Trying a new growth aid since Trigger is not for me. Dusting scheduled for this Thursday, touch up extended until May which will make me 21 weeks post. May continue to stretch 20 weeks...

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Checking in:

I put my hair in straight back cornrows so I can apply my NJoy mix easily. I also bought a hair therapy wrap and it makes my dcing much more effective. We'll see where all this takes me.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Checking in. Still in this to win this. Still psing every day and applying Njoy's mix nightly. I retained an inch of growth since last month.

growbaby

2 more days until the end of session 1! How's every1 doing?

I used my 1 heat pass back in feb for my bday and have been heat free and PS'n since. Glad I accomplished my goal and completed 1 session.

Babygrowth

Hey ladies! I've been doing good! I think I've been dusting too much (too frequently, too much hair IDK!) so I will change my schedule to dust 4x year/during touchup times. 1x in June and 1x in December.My hair is doing good using this Njoys growth oil so I'm excited about what's to come. I pushed my touchup to June so I will be 6 months post.

destinyseeker

Hi Everyone checking in.... It's touchup day so I'm using my heat pass.:drunk: I have been following all the rules and my hair is really loving it. I should probably dust... but will I??? :nono:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Wow! I didn't realize that we are at the end of session 1. I haven't used a heat pass yet. Been getting my DC on for every wash day and PS-ing 100%. I don't expect much of a length diff because I may have gotten a little aggressive when I was trying to trim. I think it's in better shape though.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I made a bad decision and pressed my hair to do a length check, which totally defeats the purpose of this challenge. I didn't even ask for a pass, so I'm putting myself on punishment for the next two weeks. :buttkick::buttkick:

The upside to this is that I realized my hair is really dry, so I'm reacting accordingly. I'm going to M&S tonight and twist my hair up. I'm not going to use anymore direct heat on my hair for the rest of the year. Period.

Attachments

• 2013-03-27 11.03.56 (150x200).jpg
    2013-03-27 11.03.56 (150x200).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 7

Mande30

Wow, the end of the 1st session already. Made it through without using a pass. Session 2, here I come.