Bug LHCF Android App

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Nikos: My LHCP app keeps terminating when surfing the forum and/or when replying to a post or PM. I am then given a screen where I must select force close or report. The app has been doing this for about a week. Any suggestions?

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Ladies,

I will need you to report the issue with the logs in the android market. When you see the Force Close dialog, I believe there is the area where you can report it. This will upload the logs that would tell us where the problem lies.

Also I would need the type of your phone. I can see that Patientlygrowing has a Droid. Can you tell me what OS you are running on (usually seen under Settings/About Phone).

You can send this information in a PM if you wish.

divachyk

I have a DroidX with 2.2.1 OS. I restart daily, on average. Typically I click "report" the app terminates. The app terminates no matter if phone has been on for hours or have been recently restarted.

Thx

lp318lp

I just downloaded this app! I'm too excited. Will let you know if I experience any problems. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Long Hair Care Forum App

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Diva, I have reported this to the developers and will let you and everyone else know as soon as I hear back.

divachyk

HIYA!
Still getting same issues but this time I jotted down the msg in hopes it might help in some way. :yep:

The app Long Hair Care Forum (process com.quoord.tapatalklonghair.activity) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

From this error msg popup I can force close or report. I typically report.

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Hey Diva,

We are expecting a new release for the Android in the next couple of weeks and I hope that this will sort out the issue you are facing.

The iPhone app has already been updated to version 1.1.

chocolat79

I actually need to be in this thread. I had the free TapaTalk, but when I upgraded to the paid version, I can't find LHCF anymore. Please help! I paid for something I can't use. BTW, I deleted the free one off my phone, did I need both?

Android user

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
chocolat when the LHCF app was created it took the place of TapaTalk. You will need to go to the Android market and get the LHCF app which is free to use.

I actually need to be in this thread. I had the free TapaTalk, but when I upgraded to the paid version, I can't find LHCF anymore. Please help! I paid for something I can't use. BTW, I deleted the free one off my phone, did I need both?

Android user

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Niko,

Will we be able to thank with the new version. If we could the app would be perfect.

I have already put a change request to the developers. I believe that we should have that done within the next few weeks.

This is the most asked for feature :)

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I was wondering why I would get the force close message a couple of times a day.

*keeping my eye on this thread*

divachyk

Hiya dimopoulos, may I pretty pretty please with cherries on top ask where are we on the update? Me app keeps force closing. Thx u....

Last edited:

divachyk

Ladies - are you still getting the forced close error message? I get it almost after every post. I keep looking for an update in the market but haven't seen an update yet.

CrownCola

↑ Yep. Force closes every time I attempt at a search, still sometimes randomly force closes when browsing.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

acapnleo

@dimopoulos -
My app is force closing when I try to post pics via the LCHF APP-

I have a Motorola Cliq XT- my phone only offers "FORCED CLOSE" -- does not offer a "report" button.

Error:

Sorry The application Long Hair Care Forum
(process com.quoord.tapatalklonghair.activity) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. -- "Force Close" button

Then, I hit "Force Close" button :( It would be great if I can upload pics via my phone :)

ETA: Also, is there a way to get "chat" via LCHF app? I used to be able to access it from the internet feature (without the APP), but for some reason, I can't anymore via internet (since the last major update to LCHF) or App (which is not a current available feature). Thank you again!

Thank you!

Last edited:

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
We are still waiting for the latest update on the LHCF app for the Android platform ladies.

This is taking way longer than I expected.

Geminigirl

I just wanted to say, I got a droid phone and the first app I got was this one. So incredible I love lhcf on the go. So it's not possible to ads pics? I'll be thankful for the thanks button once they upgrade that.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Geminigirl

I am going to go try and add a pic in the one hair post sticky.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Long Hair Care Forum App

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Still waiting Diva. I am on the same boat as you are since I have an Android... Sorry about that but my hands are tied at the moment. I have to wait for the developers to release the release.

divachyk

Still waiting Diva. I am on the same boat as you are since I have an Android... Sorry about that but my hands are tied at the moment. I have to wait for the developers to release the release.
No worries; just checking. Thanks for the update. :yep:

Geminigirl

I just updated my app, so far if you hold down on a post the tab that pops up is different. Also you can see when people are online now.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using LG-LW690

MrsMe

Geminigirl and SimplyBlessed - did you update your app through the market? My app is still force closing.

divachyk My app updated itself probably because I was browsing through the Market. It force closed a dozen times yesterday.
It looks different and I'm still trying to figure out what's new but so far I like it.:yep: I like the fact that we can finally see the smileys instead of the codes. The only thing I don't see yet is a thanks function but the app is already great so I can't complain.

ETA: font colors, holding and mentions with links.:yep: I love it!

Sent from my HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

divachyk

MrsS,

Mine did not update even after going to the market. I will uninstall and reinstall and see what I get. Will return with an update. Thx!

@divachyk My app updated itself probably because I was browsing through the Market. It force closed a dozen times yesterday.
It looks different and I'm still trying to figure out what's new but so far I like it.:yep: I like the fact that we can finally see the smileys instead of the codes. The only thing I don't see yet is a thanks function but the app is already great so I can't complain.

ETA: font colors, holding and mentions with links.:yep: I love it!

Sent from my HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App