LHCF long hair Initiations

Ayeshia

damn can I get initiated? with my baldheaded ass

amy1234

LOL Ayeshia
-I also remember a time when I slammed the car door on my hair, which had never happened to me before

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:

[/ QUOTE ]

You're too much!! Don't worry girl, you'll get there!!

jainygirl

when i went home for Christmas last year and my daddy thought i had a weave
also when i was in the bathroom at school redoing my bun 2 months ago and this girl walked in on me and was like "wow, your hair is so long" well i was the one who was
for some reason being at LHCF my hair seems much shorter to me than it does to other people.

NubianAngel

I don't consider my hair long long yet, but I had two of my first comments lately. One from a lady at work, and another when I went out to dinner recently. My friend's mother was like "Oh her hair is long I never realized it, she always wears it up"
I was at a lost for words and just said "yeah" *sigh* how awkward.

brickhouse

I try Tracy but I was so shocked he did not cite me. I was going 62mph if not faster in a 45mph zone. The power of hair.

BrEE

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLLLLLLLL
, OH SH!T. AYESHIA ,this is the first time i'm reading this thread and i was smiling as i'm reading all the poster's experiences then i come across your reply and i burst out laughing. you have me rollingggggggggggg.

Lindy

What do you guys say when someone says "Wow; your hair is getting LONG!!" Do you say thank you?? It seems weird to say thank you, because really it's not necessarily a compliment, it's just an observation... Sometimes I just say "Yeah, I know, I'm growing it out..."

NubianAngel

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
What do you guys say when someone says "Wow; your hair is getting LONG!!" Do you say thank you?? It seems weird to say thank you, because really it's not necessarily a compliment, it's just an observation... Sometimes I just say "Yeah, I know, I'm growing it out..."

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt really stupid at my reply to someone's observation because it came across as like I am probably full of myself. Maybe I am being paranoid. But everyone in the convo was complaining about short hair and breakage and I just didn't know what to say. I shoulda said thank you

WaterMoccasin

I guess when others have said: "your hair is so long!" or "your hair is getting so long!" or craning their necks to get a good look at my ponytail.

It's still not where I'd like it to be though- at some inches past shoulder-length but not yet bra-strap (my usual 'stopping' point), it's not long to me at all!!

I can't wait for people to assume it's a weave! The funny thing is, when I am in braids, even if they're to my butt, people assume it's my hair
, go figure...
white people that is...

Mariaat40

There was a thread a while back about this very thing - what do you say when people say, "Your hair is getting so long"? I don't remember what it was called. I usually say the same thing as you Lindy - "Yeah, I'm growing it out."

moneychaser

I knew when my friends wanted my stylists phone number all of a sudden. I tried to tell them that she only does my touch-ups, she has nothing to do with my growth

katie

That's so true.When your hair is looking great people automatically assume it is your stylist.No matter what I say I can't convice my mom that it is because of ME that my hair is healthy.I only go for touchups.

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
bree said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLLLLLLLL
, OH SH!T. AYESHIA ,this is the first time i'm reading this thread and i was smiling as i'm reading all the poster's experiences then i come across your reply and i burst out laughing. you have me rollingggggggggggg.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you know me and my baldy locks head had to hijack the thread

Tiffanyvip

I never realized my hair was long until I cut it chin length and people were shocked and said "oh, no, it was so long", but this was like 5 years ago. It grew back to its normal length (bra strap) about a year and a half later.

G

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
I remember when I bought hair helper vitamins from Oleda Baker...

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you tell me more about these "hair helper" vitamins? What are the ingredients and where can they be purchased? I don't know who Oleda Baker is.

Natural_Girl

I'm on my way...just last Feb 2003 had a bad experience where my medium - long natural hair was cut to a TWA by a stylist (long story - don't want to go there!!!). Talk about upset and feeling down...BUT I thank God I found LHCF...
Today, I have my hair pulled back in a bun!!!! YEAH!!!!!!
Also, my nephew told me recently while watching American Idol, "auntie, your hair looks like hers - big" (the one who had her hair curly then pressed it). All I could do was grin b/c I know my hair will be passed my hsoulders when I get it pressed for a trim in a few months. Slowly but surely, I'm getting there!

jasmine

i found out i had long hair when i saw my grandmother in december and she exclaimed "Jasmin is that your hair?"
my aunt came behind me and strtetched my hair out it's a lil past my shoulders.too funny

alliyah4eva203

[ QUOTE ]
bettydavis said:
I can't wait till I have a story to post too. I love hearing them, it really gives me hope.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah me too. all i can do is wait

katie

I had my first comment!

I sent a pic of myself to my sister and she said I look like a nerd with long hair(I was wearing my glasses)

nita4

When I burned my shoulder trying to curl my hair...and recently when I was walking in the wind and my hair stuck to my lipstick.

greAtness333

Your stories are too funny! At one point when I was growing my hair out my family would comment on how nice it looked since I was growing it out. So...what about when my hair is short? LOL oh well.

Carlie

I absolutely loved reading through this thread...

...bumping for those who may have missed this....

Any new long hair initiation stories...?