LHCF *NIKKOS COUSIN'S* CONVENTION

sunbubbles

.... Just sitting here at my desk pondering. Wouldnt it be a great idea to have a yearly conv for LHCF members!!???? Even if it wasnt EVERY year maybe every 4 years like the olympics :grin: (or is that every 6 yrs?? LOL) I mean think about it. Just 1-2 days for a GIANT meetup in a central location. *Sigh* to be able to have different companies (miss jessies, qhemet, representatives from kenra etc....) come out and speak, give samples (*AHEM* OFFER SALES:grin:) etc. Almost like the Bronner Brothers hair show, except not as big (members only), and MORE focused on ACTUAL hair care, and not just styling.

OOO oooo we could have demos from our lovely relaxed and natural ladies.........:yep: and I could finally see some of the INFAMOUS heads of hair that I drool over on the internet:lick: a la, MWEDZI, *HAPPILYME*, TRAYCEE, PINKSKATES, GISELLER78,POCAHONTAS, KINKERBELL (stop me cause the list goes on and on) ......... :drool: Ok lemme stop cause Imma need some tissue to wipe my mouth in a min:lachen:

but for real tho, if those kooky ANIME ppl can have a conv every year (they were here in the ATL not too long ago) why cant some hair health extremists (nice way to put it LOL) have one??? *hhhmmpppff!!!* Completely funded by US! MAN, I would be like a fat kid in a candy store waitin for that day :creatures:rofl:

Thoughts? My head is spinnin right now:spinning::dizzy:

Last edited:

PPGbubbles

Great Idea! But..... man that would involve a lot of planning....I set on committe for a national engineering convention....the amount of work and planning that goes into conventions is no joke!

sunbubbles

Great Idea! But..... man that would involve a lot of planning....I set on committe for a national engineering convention....the amount of work and planning that goes into conventions is no joke!

I know right??!! ooohhhh but what a fun project it would be!!! :grin:

laurend

They did this a couple a years ago, I don't know if it was sucessful. I think if you got the moderaters and the owner involved you would have better results.

Last edited:

HeChangedMyName

Why not just meet up at the Bronner Brothers annually. What if. . . .just What if. . . Bronner Brothers could partner with LHCF on a little something something.

lexiwiththecurls

Great idea. I did an Atlanta natural hair meetup with about 40 people and I had 4 companies send samples and a Kinky Curly rep came to talk to people. Its easy to get people to provide samples and most major hair companies have reps in all of the major cities. Those reps could provide samples and they could sell full sized products as well and do demonstrations on a larger scale. I have relationships with some of the popular natural hair vendors who I am sure would be interested. I would be down to help.

btw, what is "Nikkos Cousin's"? I will search it. Someone on twitter said to me "Im Nikko's Cousin" and I thought she was trying to say Nicko from Dru Hill...but I guess she was talking about LHCF?

RockCreak

LOL, ya'll are serious about making LHCF a sorority.

I like that Idea! :grin:

What do we need to do to get the ball rollin'?

IMO - some folks that have some time on their hands and would be dedicated in seeing this project to the end! For starters.

They did this a couple a years ago, I don't know if it was sucessful. I think if you got the moderaters and the owner involved you would have better results.

Does anyone know how successful the last attempt was.

I'm game.. I think this would be a great idea.....

sunbubbles

Great idea. I did an Atlanta natural hair meetup with about 40 people and I had 4 companies send samples and a Kinky Curly rep came to talk to people. Its easy to get people to provide samples and most major hair companies have reps in all of the major cities. Those reps could provide samples and they could sell full sized products as well and do demonstrations on a larger scale. I have relationships with some of the popular natural hair vendors who I am sure would be interested. I would be down to help.

btw, what is "Nikkos Cousin's"? I will search it. Someone on twitter said to me "Im Nikko's Cousin" and I thought she was trying to say Nicko from Dru Hill...but I guess she was talking about LHCF?

:lachen::lachen: I thought that too when I first heard that. Naw, If u scroll all the way down to the end of the site page, you'll see that this website is maintained by a guy named Nikos Dimopoulos. So when we ask if ur Nikkos cousin its just a way of askin if your part of the LHCF fam! :yep:

lexiwiththecurls

:lachen::lachen: I thought that too when I first heard that. Naw, If u scroll all the way down to the end of the site page, you'll see that this website is maintained by a guy named Nikos Dimopoulos. So when we ask if ur Nikkos cousin its just a way of askin if your part of the LHCF fam! :yep:

Thank you so much. Now I can respond to her lol

ladylibra_30

SB, that's a neat idea...sounds like it would be fun.
Definately a case for whiplash looking at all the pretty hair up close and personal. :)