LHCF SUMMER 2007 - WHAT ARE YOUR SUMMER HAIR GOALS?

InNeedofHairapy

-Mini chops every month until I am 100% natural.
-Be consistent with deep conditioning and moisturizing.
-Find a regimen and products to stick with and be happy with
-Get hair healthy and at a good starting point to be begin growing to BSL

ETA: Stock up on the products and tools needed to grow and maintain healthy hair that I can take care of at home and without the help of a salon

prospurr4

Since the beginning of Summer, I have been working to retain a total of 3 inches by "official" last day of Summer. To accomplish this, I am:
  1. Drinking 90-100 ounces of water daily
  2. Keeping my hair moisturized and protected
  3. Working out (cardio & strength training) at least 4 times per week
  4. Taking my vitamins

Soliel185

I went through a horrible cutting experience in June ( no longer crying myself to sleep - so I'm healing ) that left me above shoulder length. So my goal is to stretch reach armpit or at least mid shoulder blade by my SO's birthday on Oct 14th. I know that technically that's more than summer - but I'm counting on that warm weather growth burst. Right now it looks like I'm getting 1" a month. :p

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Now that I have my BT, I want to consistently get 1" of new growth per month. I also want to fill in my balding edges.

Candy1978

My goal was to be full SL by JUly, I think I am, but I'm not quite sure. I have to get a blow out dominicana to really see, I want to really work on incorporating weekly protien treatments to my regimine(if anyone know the thread on good protien treatments please e-mail me), and see if I can start moving toward APL it is taking FOREVER!!!!, oh and find so really cute protective styles that I can actually achieve on a daily basis.

MonaLisa

Okay people....

we are heading into the dog days of summer - approaching mid August....

How's everybody doing?

I'm going to try and make the most of the month plus that still remains of the summer....

I have been failing badly on some goals, but not completely my fault...
I want to get back to exercising more, but the nurse advised that I chill with the exercising until everything checked out okay with my head, so far so good....but I will do double time on making up when I get the go ahead..

I have been getting better with the water, can do better though..

I've been to the Dominican salon only twice so far this summer - I swear I'm scared to go back and trying to avoid unless I just had a touch up and I still have awhile for that.

I do feel that I am retaining my length, breakage hasn't been bad - there has been some, but I see that I'm losing less hair in the shower and that's a good thing.:yep: Waiting to see if the Aveda DR pulls a miracle move in that regard.

I haven't done a Cassia treatment in a minute so I wanna get one in before the end of summer - try to step up the 'thickness' illusion as much as I can.

Ain't attempted not near a rollerset, I am the braidout princess now :lol:

And I'm thinking about holding out on buying the stand up dryer until I can get a decent one that I want (I have a trip to pay for first)

*okay, folks getting mad at the banana pudding:look:...especially when they are trying to get their work out on....so here are some alternatives...

>>>some plain arse water, no lemon :look:

and some doggone fruit....

:grin::grin:

senimoni

Where is the banana pudding (yummmmm)

My new goal is to figure out how to wear my hair out with out it turning into a frizzy mess 45 mins after I walk out the door.

MonaLisa

Where is the banana pudding (yummmmm)

My new goal is to figure out how to wear my hair out with out it turning into a frizzy mess 45 mins after I walk out the door.

Have you tried any of the Garnier Anti-Humidity stylers? Or if you want to get more pricey, the Aveda Anti-Humectant?

Perhaps those might help with the sitch.

*girl, go ahead in the back and the get the puddin. had to appease some of the posters...:look:

Proudpiscean

So far, so good this summer. I have been consistently deep conditioning 1-2 per week, I have been protecting my ends and retaining them. My shedding is decreasing and I have very little breakage. My stretch is also going very well! :yep:

I need to get with the program like MonaLisa and increase my water intake though.

*grabs a piece of fruit* :lick:

MonaLisa

So far, so good this summer. I have been consistently deep conditioning 1-2 per week, I have been protecting my ends and retaining them. My shedding is decreasing and I have very little breakage. My stretch is also going very well! :yep:

I need to get with the program like MonaLisa and increase my water intake though.

*grabs a piece of fruit* :lick:

:yep:..yup...it makes a difference....we gotta take care of the hair inside out as well...

Ya hair is lookin good girlie!!!:yep: All thick and whatnot!

sexyeyes3616

Summer is almost over. This is not really a goal but what I plan on doing. My ultimate goal is APL in december.

Stretching my relaxer for 2 months
Frequently wash my weave and keep that end for 2 months
Take my vitamins

MonaLisa

I'm trying to make it to the length you're at now....past APL heading to BSL ;)

I swear, your hair looks longer to me...definitely longer than mine...I don't know...I guess all that thickness you have is throwing me off...:)

okay...back to the topic.....we're heading into the "unofficial summer is ending weekend"....Labor Day weekend...

I swear I'm telling the truth when I say this...
I do so much running around...I'm too tired to go to the gym:ohwell:
*cop out, I know...I know...:ohwell:*
but the fact that I'll be by a pool again in a couple of months is turning into an incentive to get my arse there (and hopefully my hair will benefit)

Getting better with the water...but still can do more consumption - the drinking coffee at work cancels out every bottle I drink I think:ohwell:...

I finally did a cassia treatment in this past week...
and I'm trying to make it until mid-late September for a touch up -
(will see if I made any progress, even minimal, over the summer)

Proudpiscean

I swear, your hair looks longer to me...definitely longer than mine...I don't know...I guess all that thickness you have is throwing me off...:)

okay...back to the topic.....we're heading into the "unofficial summer is ending weekend"....Labor Day weekend...

I swear I'm telling the truth when I say this...
I do so much running around...I'm too tired to go to the gym:ohwell:
*cop out, I know...I know...:ohwell:*
but the fact that I'll be by a pool again in a couple of months is turning into an incentive to get my arse there (and hopefully my hair will benefit)

Getting better with the water...but still can do more consumption - the drinking coffee at work cancels out every bottle I drink I think:ohwell:...

I finally did a cassia treatment in this past week...
and I'm trying to make it until mid-late September for a touch up -
(will see if I made any progress, even minimal, over the summer)

Well, the layers are what's killing me :ohwell:
The longest layer actually reaches armpit in the back, the shortest is around collarbone. I want full APL!:wallbash: *ends tantrum*

Good luck on the stretch! Can't wait to see those progress pics :grin:

MonaLisa

Well, the layers are what's killing me :ohwell:
The longest layer actually reaches armpit in the back, the shortest is around collarbone. I want full APL!:wallbash: *ends tantrum*

Good luck on the stretch! Can't wait to see those progress pics :grin:

Ahhhhhh....got you. I don't think I'll ever be full APL....that would mean apl for the hair that's around my face...and it's fine where it is right now..

hair...in your mouth...is not...cute...:nono:

I usually have a crappy camera phone pic update every 4 months or so...so, yeah, definitely due in September to see what's happening with the ole noggin..

But you know I'm rooting you on in whatever hair goal you have! You can do it!!! *hair hug*

*and I didn't think 12 wks was considered a stretch...it is? I used to do 16-20 weeks, a few years ago.. but I can't seem to be able to do it anymore...or I guess I'm not trying hard enough anymore...:ohwell:

MonaLisa

:bump:

....."Unofficial Summer Ending Weekend"

21 days until the Official End of Summer....

Heading into the Home stretch for potential growth spurts for those that have cold seasons in their state..

MonaLisa

*last bump for the last week of summer*

Hoping that everyone got to meet at least one summer hair goal, got a lil summer growth spurt or has worked on stepping up their hair game for the fall/winter:yep:

:wave:

Proudpiscean

Ahhhhhh....got you. I don't think I'll ever be full APL....that would mean apl for the hair that's around my face...and it's fine where it is right now..

hair...in your mouth...is not...cute...:nono:

I usually have a crappy camera phone pic update every 4 months or so...so, yeah, definitely due in September to see what's happening with the ole noggin..

But you know I'm rooting you on in whatever hair goal you have! You can do it!!! *hair hug*

*and I didn't think 12 wks was considered a stretch...it is? I used to do 16-20 weeks, a few years ago.. but I can't seem to be able to do it anymore...or I guess I'm not trying hard enough anymore...:ohwell:

lol @ hair in your mouth :lol:

Twelve weeks is a stretch in my book! I know plenty of people who still relax every 4-6 weeks.

*anxiously awaiting your hair update* ;)

MonaLisa

lol @ hair in your mouth :lol:

Twelve weeks is a stretch in my book! I know plenty of people who still relax every 4-6 weeks.

*anxiously awaiting your hair update* ;)

:yep:...yes, I realize that 12 weeks is a stretch now....I don't know what the heyall I was saying...:ohwell:

*girl the update won't be much....I'll have a shot on the weekend...:rolleyes:
one thing I have finally gotten to see during this particular stretch this summer is my natural hair texture in one area and I must say "me likey" - but I would be too much of a punk to chop and start all over*

And when someone recently asked me about hair product advice and I gave some, then asked how often do you touch up and the reply was once a month...

I think my breathing stopped for like three or four seconds during the conversation and everything was quiet...then I came back...

Proudpiscean

:yep:...yes, I realize that 12 weeks is a stretch now....I don't know what the heyall I was saying...:ohwell:

*girl the update won't be much....I'll have a shot on the weekend...:rolleyes:
one thing I have finally gotten to see during this particular stretch this summer is my natural hair texture in one area and I must say "me likey" - but I would be too much of a punk to chop and start all over*

And when someone recently asked me about hair product advice and I gave some, then asked how often do you touch up and the reply was once a month...

I think my breathing stopped for like three or four seconds during the conversation and everything was quiet...then I came back...

:nono: @ once a month