Life Recieved - New Relaxer

leona2025

Life Recieved - Relaxer Update - Pics

I tried a new relaxer yesterday. I didn't mean to. I went to the beauty supply store to get me regular Gentle Treatment. This relaxer costs a good $4:lachen:. They marked it up to $7.49:look:.

So I decided to try Profectiv with the Cherry Red color. I was about 3 or 4 months post. Usually I use most of the relaxer jar. I looked a that tiny touch up amount and was like not going to work.

It did. One touch up amount covered all my ng. Anyway hair is bouncy soft and has a red tint. The set below was done on dry hair orange flexi rods, NO product.

The shine is bananas. I can run my fingers from root to tip and my hair is so tangly that never happens.

Last edited:

ikandi87

I dont relax but im curious to know how this works. My grandmother just relax and dyed her hair and it fell out instantly...everyone told her not to do it but you know how grandma's can be... so determined and stuck in their ways! Anywho how does one deposite color and relax? It is like a single step process? I am thoroughly intrigued...

leona2025

I dont relax but im curious to know how this works. My grandmother just relax and dyed her hair and it fell out instantly...everyone told her not to do it but you know how grandma's can be... so determined and stuck in their ways! Anywho how does one deposite color and relax? It is like a single step process? I am thoroughly intrigued...

This is totally different from bleaching and box dyes, although I have used those too, but definitely not on the same day. The only color I feel comfortable using on the same day are semi color dyes. They don't lift.

The way this one worked is color is added to the neutralizing shampoo. It has to sit 20 minutes. I did use a regular shampoo first.

I usually color by doing my relaxer and after all the neutralizing I add my semi color to my hair and let it sit and rinse out.

Semis only deposit color.

overtherainbow

Your results are beautiful! I never knew that some relaxers come with a semi already in the box.

And for anyone who's wondering, I always use semis on my mom's hair right after a relaxer, even on the same day. It's perfectly safe as long as your scalp isn't very inflamed.

PJaye

I used Profectiv relaxers on a former neighbor's head for 3 years and it always resulted in soft, silky healthy hair (she went from a severely mangled EL to BSL). Plus, the neutralizing mousse is ridiculously good. This is the best box relaxer I've ever encountered.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
That sounded like a straight commercial with hair blowing out of a sunroof in the wind and a relaxer box on the hood of the car. Lol!

Your hair looks lovely. ;)

PureSilver

I used Profectiv relaxers on a former neighbor's head for 3 years and it always resulted in soft, silky healthy hair (she went from a severely mangled EL to BSL). Plus, the neutralizing mousse is ridiculously good. This is the best box relaxer I've ever encountered.

See i'm adding Profective to my list of relasers to consider switching to....no final decision yet but i will consider. I'm already very close to BSL so lets see if i'll be WL.....(LOL) April2015

I tried a new relaxer yesterday. I didn't mean to. I went to the beauty supply store to get me regular Gentle Treatment. This relaxer costs a good $4:lachen:. They marked it up to $7.49:look:.

So I decided to try Profectiv with the Cherry Red color. I was about 3 or 4 months post. Usually I use most of the relaxer jar. I looked a that tiny touch up amount and was like not going to work.

It did. One touch up amount covered all my ng. Anyway hair is bouncy soft and has a red tint. The set below was done on dry hair orange flexi rods, NO product.

The shine is bananas. I can run my fingers from root to tip and my hair is so tangly that never happens.

Hair is blinging, it looks soft and beautiful.

Now since i'm on a search for a new no lye relaxer, i got questions for you.

1. what's your texture
2. Can i see a root shot of how well it too?
3. How well do you rate it.

Off to watch Profective relaxer videos on youtube.

leona2025

See i'm adding Profective to my list of relasers to consider switching to....no final decision yet but i will consider. I'm already very close to BSL so lets see if i'll be WL.....(LOL) April2015

Hair is blinging, it looks soft and beautiful.

Now since i'm on a search for a new no lye relaxer, i got questions for you.

1. what's your texture
2. Can i see a root shot of how well it too?
3. How well do you rate it.

Off to watch Profective relaxer videos on youtube.

PureSilver

1.) Texture: I'm pretty sure I'm in the 4 range. I have some pics of my ng some where I will find them for you.

2) I will take some pictures of my roots tonight.
3) I rate it a 10. It was the best relaxer I've used. My holy grail was ORS. My hair wasn't rough or limp after my relaxer.

leona2025

My hair is dark to sandy brown. I have previous bleached ends. Everyone noticed the red and asked me at work if I dyed it. So it has a really good tint, but it's nothing like the color on the box. I wish it was a bit brighter.