LIMP HAIR!

obsessed

what are causes of limp hair? my hair come's out beautiful when i get it done at a salon. and it comes out soft and full when i do it at home. after a couple of days my "salon hair" falls limp and stringy. is it because of overprocessing? or something else? i have no idea. what conditioners are good for correcting this. oh yeah..... what are good mositurizers or sealers for your ends while wearing your hair out? thanks for your time ladies!

bimbabe

I'm no expert having recently joined the board. But in my case when I get that limp hair it is because I tried to hold unto the "salon look" for so long without having washed my hair. So product build up with oils and moisturizers weighs the hair down.
Wash and I think it will be lighter and bouncier.

love2bme

It could be your hairdress products..some are way too heavy on the hair. Depending on what hairstyle Im wearing...I usually switch back and forth between profectiv creme hairdress(heavier on my hair ) and T tree parneveau creme hairdress(lighter).

Profectiv anti-breakage strengther
is also a great sealer and moisturizer. My hair loves it...a lil bit goes a long way.

Chichi

How are you styling your hair at night? I've noticed that the more I wrapped (used to
) and applied oil, the more limp my hair would appear. Lots of leave-in and oil moisturizers will do this too.

Chichi

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
Product build up can cause limp hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed! After one day...if I shampoo I'm slways surprised at how much dirt has accumulated on my hair. The more products I use the more dirt my hair attracts.

obsessed

yea, i think your right about trying to hold on to the "salon look" but i'm not sure if my hair should end up limp by the third day.

bimbabe

Yeah it definitely is the excess oils if u try to hold unto the look for 3 days.
Ur lucky mine is out in 2!
U could wash more often or use lighter oils. Rollersetting could also maintain the bounce a bit more I guess.
Goodluck!