LINANGE NEUTRALIZING CONDITIONER

I remember a post awhile back mentioning having to use a neutralizing shampoo after Linange's neutralizing conditioner. However, I just received my system from bluebeez and the conditioner is a clear liquid definately like a shampoo not creamy. The bottle says: Instantly neutralizes and restores the natural id mantle of the hair after chemical services: relaxers, tints, toners etc. Also the ingredients has soluble keratin (human hair protein) and whole wheat protein so I am assume using aphogee 2 minute after rinsing out the relaxer is not needed? This is what the directions says:

1. Apply after thoroughly rinsing relaxer. wait five minutes then rinse.
2. Reapply and wait three minutes then rinse again
3. hair is now ready for finishing products and techniques: Linange shampoo, conditioner, blow styling, roller set etc.

Do I need a neutralizing shampoo or not? And I can skip the protein step right?

la mosca

To be safe, I apply the Linange neutralizing shampoo that comes with the system as per the instructions. After that, I use an Isoplus neutralizing shampoo with a color alarm. (I get white suds, but better safe than sorry.) Then I use the conditioning mask that comes with the Linange system.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Use the Joico K-Pak first, then Linange Neutralizing Conditioner, then my Color Coded Isoplus Shampoo to make sure all the Relaxer is Safely Out. Then I use the Linange Restructuring Hair Mask.

There is probably no need for the K-Pak in between that step, but I always do anyway.:look:

I know it sounds a little extreme, but I am a New Self-Relaxer.

btw: I use the Linange Shea Butter Lye.:grin:

I guess if you used the k-pak I could use the aphogee 2 min. I was trying to find ingredients that specifically makes a shampoo neutralizing but couldn't find anything on the net.

vtoodler

la mosca

I didn't know that a neutralizing shampoo came with this relaxer. I thought that it was just a neutralizing conditioner.

Last edited:

la mosca

vtoodler, you're right; it's a neutralizing conditioner. I've changed my routine a little since that post. I do a mid-relaxer protein/ceramide step, then I use the Linange neutralizing conditioner, Isoplus neutralizing shampoo, Nairobi neutralizing shampoo (paranoid :lol:), and Nairobi conditioner. I don't bother with the Linange mask--it does nothing for me.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I used the neutral protein filler, then motions cream neutralizing shampoo, then the neutralizing conditioner 2x's. Then I did a moisture DC. My hair didn't feel 100% till I did my MT DC that Friday. No breakage, or damage to report.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I wonder why Linange doesn't have its own neutralizing shampoo.

The conditioner is pretty much like a shampoo for me...it just had slip. I'd still use a shampoo for paranoia sake, but the last two washes with the Linange condish is just like a low poo neutralizing wash for me.

Angelicus

I use a neutralizing shampoo just to be safe. My favorite one is Elasta QP stop action neturalizing shampoo.

I wish the neutralizing conditioner had color guard... that's the only reason I follow-up with shampoo.

DominicanBrazilian82

MontegoBayBaby said:
I remember a post awhile back mentioning having to use a neutralizing shampoo after Linange's neutralizing conditioner. However, I just received my system from bluebeez and the conditioner is a clear liquid definately like a shampoo not creamy. The bottle says: Instantly neutralizes and restores the natural id mantle of the hair after chemical services: relaxers, tints, toners etc. Also the ingredients has soluble keratin (human hair protein) and whole wheat protein so I am assume using aphogee 2 minute after rinsing out the relaxer is not needed? This is what the directions says:

1. Apply after thoroughly rinsing relaxer. wait five minutes then rinse.
2. Reapply and wait three minutes then rinse again
3. hair is now ready for finishing products and techniques: Linange shampoo, conditioner, blow styling, roller set etc.

Do I need a neutralizing shampoo or not? And I can skip the protein step right?

This is the relaxer I use and you don't need shampoo. The ingredients in the conditioner have the same neutralizing components as any neutralizing shampoo. The conditioning agents in the conditioning neutralizer soften your hair. This is actually the best relaxer system i've ever use. The no-lye version does require an activator; however, the lye version, I believe, adds extra moisture.

Happy Relaxing!