Liver Detox to aid hair growth and health

SleekandBouncy

I had read on another hair board about a woman taking a liver detox for reasons related to her health not hair and ending with incredible hair growth. According to her, the hair vitamins she had been taking never worked because they weren't being absorbed properly but after the detox she started getting similar results to everyone else and even better.
Buildup of everything from the chemicals in products to the vitamins you take gather in the liver, I guess it's like pressing the reset button every once in a while.

She squeezed a whole lemon and scooped out the insides and mixed it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, but here is a slightly different receipe. Her doctors had her taking it for 2 weeks half an hour before breakfast. Hope this is useful to someone :)

http://curezone.com/foods/lemonolive.asp

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
It's funny you posted this, I just did a similar type of liver/gallbladder cleanse last weekend. I did the coke/lemon juice/olive oil + Mag.citrate (yuck). I got a bunch of cholesterol stones out. I plan to do at least 2 more cleanses. I haven't noticed anything amazing yet but I know those were real cholesterol stones that can potentially clog up your gallbladder and lead to surgery (only cause I saw a gallbladder surgery in nursing school and the doc showed them and the gallbladder to me).

Isis

This would make sense. I've learned that detoxing the liver leads to great health and weight loss. Hair health and growth would certainly be a result. :)

MeechUK

MeechUK
Isis said:
This would make sense. I've learned that detoxing the liver leads to great health and weight loss. Hair health and growth would certainly be a result. :)

Hi Isis,
in Chinese Medicine it is the liver as well as the kidneys that control the health of your hair.

HHG,
MeechUK

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
If you go here: http://curezone.com/cleanse/liver/default.asp they have different types of liver cleanse recipes, like the one I did was only 2 days (drink the mix before going to bed and take the Mag.citrate in the morning). They are all pretty gross but the one I did was more feasable then the other recipes and routines I saw. The other ones shouldn't cause any weight gain.

SleekandBouncy

Poohbear said:
I checked out this site and it says to do this if you are underweight... I'm not underweight and I do not want to gain weight. :nono:

I took it and I didn't gain any weight, but skin was much clearer, I didn't feel as sluggish and my supplements seemed to work better, my hair was the da bomb during that period, but the biggest affect was on my overall health.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
SleekandBouncy said:
I took it and I didn't gain any weight, but skin was much clearer, I didn't feel as sluggish and my supplements seemed to work better, my hair was the da bomb during that period, but the biggest affect was on my overall health.
Well then I may just give this a try. ;)

So how did you take it? Did you take it once daily? And how long did you continue taking it? A week? 2 weeks?

SleekandBouncy

I took it every morning for 6 weeks in the morning half an hour before I ate. Besides the health benefits, my skin has become clearer and I got 1" since my last touchup which was the begining of June :D
I used to suck on lemons growing up and drink lemon and water just for the heck of it, during that time my skin and hair did so well.

Poohbear said:
Well then I may just give this a try. ;)

So how did you take it? Did you take it once daily? And how long did you continue taking it? A week? 2 weeks?

berry87

I was reading the FAQ section. The first question about the attacks while liver cleasing. Omg this freaked me out :eek: People reported to have pain for hours :( . Some went to the hospital Oh My :eek: I really wanna cleasne to start my diet but danng i dont wanna be in pain,or in the hospital. Shoot i'll faint on the cleanse:lol: :lachen: . Well i'mma read on and see which one is painless with no yuck included:look:

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
berry87 said:
I was reading the FAQ section. The first question about the attacks while liver cleasing. Omg this freaked me out :eek: People reported to have pain for hours :( . Some went to the hospital Oh My :eek: I really wanna cleasne to start my diet but danng i dont wanna be in pain,or in the hospital. Shoot i'll faint on the cleanse:lol: :lachen: . Well i'mma read on and see which one is painless with no yuck included:look:

I think that was b/c they were passing gallstones

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
berry87 said:
Ouuu...scary...

rosie

nurseN98 said:
It's funny you posted this, I just did a similar type of liver/gallbladder cleanse last weekend. I did the coke/lemon juice/olive oil + Mag.citrate (yuck). I got a bunch of cholesterol stones out. I plan to do at least 2 more cleanses. I haven't noticed anything amazing yet but I know those were real cholesterol stones that can potentially clog up your gallbladder and lead to surgery (only cause I saw a gallbladder surgery in nursing school and the doc showed them and the gallbladder to me).

Did you have to follow a special kind of diet?
Were you limited in your activity during and after the fast?
How many times did you have to do it?
Is it for just one night of the whole weekend?

I am considering a L/G fast, not for hair, but for whole body health and to help jump start my diet. But I'll take hair growth if that's what I get. But if it can help my nails, that would be a blessing.

Amour

thanks soo much for posting this information. I think this can be true and i think its something which i suffer from. My hair will not grow for nothing, it grows about 1 inch every 2.5 months. I suffer from dark circles under my eye, and i went to a chinese medicine doctor he told me that he thought i was suffered from this and the blemishes on my skin (left my spots) because my liver was blocked. I was skeptical though, as he came to thins analysis by feeling my pressure points i.e. wrists and stuff. However i need to step up my health game, so i will definately will be doing this. Hopefully i will see hair benefits also.

How long is it recommended to keep this up?

XXXtacy

Well I have been doing liver cleanses for the last 2 years but I have not noticed any hair growth. It did increase my metabolism.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
rosie said:
Did you have to follow a special kind of diet?
Were you limited in your activity during and after the fast?
How many times did you have to do it?
Is it for just one night of the whole weekend?

I am considering a L/G fast, not for hair, but for whole body health and to help jump start my diet. But I'll take hair growth if that's what I get. But if it can help my nails, that would be a blessing.
I had to stay in for the day because the citrate of Magnesia had me going but that was only for 1 day. I plan to do it at least two more times but I know there are ppl who do it till they are clear (I ain't got that kind of time). What you do is you take the Coke mix before you go to sleep (I did it 2 hours before because of the caffeine) and in the morning you take the citrate of Magnesia first thing in the morning when you wake up. Sit tight for a couple of hours and watch the fireworks..:look: I ate normally..fruits/veggies/whole grains & lean protein.

Amour

nurseN98 said:
I had to stay in for the day because the citrate of Magnesia had me going but that was only for 1 day. I plan to do it at least two more times but I know there are ppl who do it till they are clear (I ain't got that kind of time). What you do is you take the Coke mix before you go to sleep (I did it 2 hours before because of the caffeine) and in the morning you take the citrate of Magnesia first thing in the morning when you wake up. Sit tight for a couple of hours and watch the fireworks..:look: I ate normally..fruits/veggies/whole grains & lean protein.

coke as in coka cola(sp) ?

FeelinIt

If you really want optimal results, according to curezone, a bowel, liver and kidney clease would be best.

I'm in the process of easing into these cleanses as I do not want to do them and then put the same gunk into my body. I'm doing my cleanse for digestive reasons. I have really bad acid reflux and I'm worried about the longterm affects.

I'm starting in July. I will post my results, before and after pictures.

Does anyone have a good raw food or vegetarian cook book rec?

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
FeelinIt said:
If you really want optimal results, according to curezone, a bowel, liver and kidney clease would be best.

I'm in the process of easing into these cleanses as I do not want to do them and then put the same gunk into my body. I'm doing my cleanse for digestive reasons. I have really bad acid reflux and I'm worried about the longterm affects.

I'm starting in July. I will post my results, before and after pictures.

Does anyone have a good raw food or vegetarian cook book rec?
I go on these two sites...
http://www.vegcooking.com/searchRecipes.asp
http://groups.msn.com/VegetarianSOULFOOD (you have to join to see these recipes)

Amour

nurseN98 said:
yes, not the other kind:lol:

lol sorry ;)

i thought there was probably some other type of coke that i was unaware of. Can't imagine how coke cola would aid in a detox? I would seem like the other coke that you was referring to would be more benefical (not more healthy though obviviously). Which would explain why alot of those celebs go super thin when on the crack diet i.e. Nicole Ritchie and those lil young skinny twins (well at least one of them) -> j/k (don't want anyone to try sue me for defamation :lol:

Amour

does msm work in the same way? does it detox the liver? could this be a substitue for all the veggies?

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Sabina said:
lol sorry ;)

i thought there was probably some other type of coke that i was unaware of. Can't imagine how coke cola would aid in a detox? I would seem like the other coke that you was referring to would be more benefical (not more healthy though obviviously). Which would explain why alot of those celebs go super thin when on the crack diet i.e. Nicole Ritchie and those lil young skinny twins (well at least one of them) -> j/k (don't want anyone to try sue me for defamation :lol:
:lol: I'm tellin ya, I really want to lose wt...but just not that bad.

I know it seems weird about the Coke but I read somewhere that the Phosporic acid from coca cola loosens the stones and the magnesium opens up the ducts so the stones can come out. I'm not sure what the other ingredients do but whatever they do, it works.:eek:

I don't know if MSM has any effects on the liver like that.

achangedlife

I went to nutrition world one day looking for prenatal vitamins to help my hair grow and the lady talked me into buying these other hair vitamins. She said that it indirectly helps your hair grow by regenerating your liver, and I think she said kidneys too. I haven't been taking them because you have to take it three times a day for 3 months to start seeing results, I need something to take once a day and that will give me quick results.