Lock It Up! Support Thread (Sisterlocs, Dreads, Freeform, Etc)

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
I’m getting so annoyed with these loc YouTubers making clickbait videos saying they cut their hair. Then when you click on the video it’s just them trimming their locs. Just say you’re trimming your hair and call it a day!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Right!!! I meant to mention that one of the YouTubers cut their locks the other day when I told y'all about Bindi but I didn't even click on her video because I couldn't tell if it was clickbait or not. And I actually liked her hair and I believe she was one of the ones saying this was a journey she would pretty much be solidified in.

Xavier

Hi ladies. Haven't posted on LHCF in a while. I just started my loc journey recently. One month in...I just did my first retwist. Mine are mini or small locs...not micro or sisterlocs...I started with two strand twists. So far so good. Trying to document my journey on IG...@somucheart. Gotta go back and read this thread and see what I've gotten myself into. :drunk:

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
Hi ladies. Haven't posted on LHCF in a while. I just started my loc journey recently. One month in...I just did my first retwist. Mine are mini or small locs...not micro or sisterlocs...I started with two strand twists. So far so good. Trying to document my journey on IG...@somucheart. Gotta go back and read this thread and see what I've gotten myself into. :drunk:

Congratulations! Welcome aboard... we're glad to have you in the fold. Can we see a picture of your locks?

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Ladies, your locs are beautiful. All of them!

I talked myself into purchasing rods with the intent of rolling up my hair and wearing curls but imma be honest...... the way my lazy is set up, I can’t get myself together to spend the time rolling these locs up. I may have my loctician do it for me at my next retightening.

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
Ladies, your locs are beautiful. All of them!

I talked myself into purchasing rods with the intent of rolling up my hair and wearing curls but imma be honest...... the way my lazy is set up, I can’t get myself together to spend the time rolling these locs up. I may have my loctician do it for me at my next retightening.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: That's alright, girl... that's what you pay her for. What size rods did you get???

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun

Just sharing an update, it’s been a while

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: That's alright, girl... that's what you pay her for. What size rods did you get???
The white rods and the gray rods. Every Fri I say this is the weekend I’m going to add some curls. By Sat evening I’m looking in the mirror saying to myself... I really don’t need curls that bad. :look: :lachen: :drunk: I have so much hair I know it would take at least an hour maybe more to roll my hair.:(

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
The white rods and the gray rods. Every Fri I say this is the weekend I’m going to add some curls. By Sat evening I’m looking in the mirror saying to myself... I really don’t need curls that bad. :look: :lachen: :drunk: I have so much hair I know it would take at least an hour maybe more to roll my hair.:(

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: I feel you on that! It's been forever since I had to buy rods, but are those the super small rods that would give you the tightest curl, almost like a straw set? If I lived nearby, I would totally help. I have never done a roller set on locks so I would be interested to try it out and practice technique.

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
Harpo, who dis woman??? She got me wanting to do this style again. She's so bubbly and cute. I love her hair and her glasses. I hope she doesn't combine and just waits it out.

Just Audria:

Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I just saw it on YouTube. Don't have regular TV. I'm legit crying right now. That was beautiful and amazing. Here's the link if anyone else wants to see it.

It really reminded me of a funny story about my DH trying to style our kindergarten DGD’s hair. She gave him two tries and the first ended in a verdict of “No good”, the second ended in a crying child running down the hallway saying “You made me look ugly, I’ll do it myself”. I wasn’t at home, Dh told me about it later. Couldn’t stop laughing then or now when we remind her of it.

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
It really reminded me of a funny story about my DH trying to style our kindergarten DGD’s hair. She gave him two tries and the first ended in a verdict of “No good”, the second ended in a crying child running down the hallway saying “You made me look ugly, I’ll do it myself”. I wasn’t at home, Dh told me about it later. Couldn’t stop laughing then or now when we remind her of it.

This came up in my suggestions after I watched Hair Love. I thought it was cute.
Your post reminded me of it. And I also have a memory of an old friend's daughter asking me to do her hair because her dad had no clue what he was doing. :lachen: