Lock It Up! Support Thread (Sisterlocs, Dreads, Freeform, Etc)

Platinum

My hair is feeling a bit dry and crunchy so I think I'm going to do a deep condition and hot oil treatment before I retwist. I know a lot of people are boycotting Shea Moisture products but I'm going to try their "Treatment Masque".

Guinan

Re-Branding

Guinan

Re-Branding
Anyone follow JoyceMD on youtube? she is also bindi_mark on IG. I believe she is taking down her locs and she has a heck of a lot of them.

View attachment 412475

I follow her on youtube and I'm not too surprised that she is taking down her locs. She didnt seem committed to me. There's another youtuber that I follow and I am REALLY surprised that she is taking down her locs; especially after she just posted a video a month ago for her love of her locs. Like people are really pissed.

BillsBackerz67

I follow her on youtube and I'm not too surprised that she is taking down her locs. She didnt seem committed to me. There's another youtuber that I follow and I am REALLY surprised that she is taking down her locs; especially after she just posted a video a month ago for her love of her locs. Like people are really pissed.

Holy crap I didn’t know she was on the edge either! Lordt! off to read the comments

mz.rae

Bought some Kera Care Dry and Itchy scalp hair grease for my scalp the fall and winter. My consultant said it was ok to oil the scalp just to make sure not to get any on my hair.

On a side not I’m excited to see how my hair is going to look come Spring and summer!

msdeevee

It will be longer, thicker and beautiful at your 1 year mark Mz.rae.

Now I need opinions.

I adore my Sisterlocks. I really do . I took the retight class at my 11 month mark. I’m getting it down but when you first start it can be tedious & time consuming.
Thankfully my wonderful consultant now offers a new service where she will retight the perimeter for an hour or 2 for a much lower cost.

I was thinking I would treat myself this month and go to her for a full retight. That would cost 165.00 when I tried to book the appt I see that now she adds tax on so it would cost over 172.00. In January her price will go up again to 180.00 for a retight! Tax will add on another at least 7.00.

I can afford it for now but that amount of money every 5 weeks or so adds up. That’s some people’s car payment. I need to save my money. We don’t know what the future holds.

What would y’all do?

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
It will be longer, thicker and beautiful at your 1 year mark Mz.rae.

Now I need opinions.

I adore my Sisterlocks. I really do . I took the retight class at my 11 month mark. I’m getting it down but when you first start it can be tedious & time consuming.
Thankfully my wonderful consultant now offers a new service where she will retight the perimeter for an hour or 2 for a much lower cost.

I was thinking I would treat myself this month and go to her for a full retight. That would cost 165.00 when I tried to book the appt I see that now she adds tax on so it would cost over 172.00. In January her price will go up again to 180.00 for a retight! Tax will add on another at least 7.00.

I can afford it for now but that amount of money every 5 weeks or so adds up. That’s some people’s car payment. I need to save my money. We don’t know what the future holds.

What would y’all do?

Are there other consultants in your area?

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I have been quiet on the boards lately... life has a way of catching up with you.

I think my last update was the color reveal... anyway, since then, I have experienced a little breakage. :cry2: Like, two of my ends broke off from thinness...ugh. I knew this would happen--a part of me felt like it was a bit premature to lift my hair to a lighter color, but I just had to try something new.

So...not going to get upset, just be proactive so that other locs won't break off at the end. I saw those two coming a mile away though... It was literally just a ball of hair hanging on. I am going to ask my loctician to wrap a few to give them some added strength. Last night, I used some Jane Carter leave in and oiled with olive oil. My hair is super soft today and feels very moisturized. I am going to keep that routine going to ensure I don't get any unnecessary dryness.