Lock It Up! Support Thread (Sisterlocs, Dreads, Freeform, Etc)

Guinan

Re-Branding
I really want to color my locs but I’m scared. I think I might color the ends instead.

I agree, I would definitely do it. After coloring just stay on top of your moisture. I just retouched my color and bleached the back of my locs on top of color. So far, no problems. I try to oil my locs once a week. I told wash or retwist often; maybe every other month.

Alta Angel

I retwisted my new growth Friday night and it didn't take too long. I washed and steamed my hair by 8:30. I finished retwisting before midnight, which was good time for me. I sat under the dryer and then braided my hair down in 3 braids, put on a scarf, and went to sleep. When I took out the braids the next day I couldn't believe how long my hair was. I fully enjoyed it before it shrank up again! I took this pic today and I love the shrinkage too.

Attachments

• 3 month locs LHCF.jpg
    3 month locs LHCF.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 20

msdeevee

Speaking of color on Locks I was checking out Fanta hair studio on Youtube.

She is a beast with color. With locks , period. Trim, cut and make up. She knows her stuff. She’s backed up though. No appointments no time soon.

Check her out.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
This reti session was the worsttt I’m going back to the loctician next time. It took 3 weeks between an infant and a toddler, work and testing. I had it timed to start during a week off so I could do it all day M-F but my nanny got sick so I lost half a week waiting for her covid test to get back (luckily negative) then I worked 9 12-hour shifts in 10 days (one of those was a night shift) and now the older one has what I hope is just a cold but we had to take her to get swabbed as well. I think this is my 6th self-reti since covid started and I will ask her to set her chair up outdoors or keep the door open if it’s raining and I’ll do an N95 and goggles. I’m just nervous about the prolonged exposure but I just don’t have the time anymore

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
I looked at the calendar yesterday. It's been 12 weeks (3 months) since my last retightening. I'm feeling like I should go ahead and retighten this week instead of going 14 weeks. I washed my hair yesterday and mositurized so it's still hydrated and well-nourished. I might start it later on after I get some stuff done, or wait until later in the week.

Evolving78

I looked at the calendar yesterday. It's been 12 weeks (3 months) since my last retightening. I'm feeling like I should go ahead and retighten this week instead of going 14 weeks. I washed my hair yesterday and mositurized so it's still hydrated and well-nourished. I might start it later on after I get some stuff done, or wait until later in the week.
That’s cool you can go that long!

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I dyed my locs yesterday. For the front of my hair I retouched my roots with cream of nature warmest brown. For the back of my hair, I dyed it lightest blonde by cream of nature. I washed my hair with Dr Bronners peppermint wash & conditioned it w/ cream of nature conditioner. I then toned the back w/ purple conditioner (I don't remember the name). I retwisted my hair using a natural oil by holistic health.
Love that color

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
That’s cool you can go that long!

I would love to be able to go 16 weeks, but I haven't been able to make it past 14. Didn't get to it this week and yesterday my scalp started really bothering me with the itchiness. I think it's because I only oiled my locks and not my scalp this time since I anticipated being able to retighten this week. Or maybe I did but I did it in larger sections. I might wash my hair tomorrow and try to get the retightening done this week. I've just been so busy with everything going on lately. So if it ends up being a little later I'm cool with that, too.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I had a job interview for the first time since locing. I think it went well. I styled my locs, myself, for the 1st time. I did a bun. My locs are around shoulder length. To achieve the bun, I put my hair in two ponytail buns and then bobby-pinned the locs into the bun. I also retwisted the front of my locs w/ eco-styler gel and a pomade; which gave it a really nice sleek look. I'll update this post w/ pics.

MzSwift

I had a job interview for the first time since locing. I think it went well. I styled my locs, myself, for the 1st time. I did a bun. My locs are around shoulder length. To achieve the bun, I put my hair in two ponytail buns and then bobby-pinned the locs into the bun. I also retwisted the front of my locs w/ eco-styler gel and a pomade; which gave it a really nice sleek look. I'll update this post w/ pics.

GL! I hope you get the job!!

prettywhitty

Good luck on your job interview! I’m sure your style was lovely.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Thanks Ladies! I keep trying to upload pics but the site says there is an error. Is anyone else having issues with uploading pics? I have resized them multiple times and it still says there is an error.

Edit: I was able to upload it to my avatar, which is weird that the avatar works but not in a post. I resized it to 250×250 and compressed it to 80%

Last edited:

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Thanks Ladies! I keep trying to upload pics but the site says there is an error. Is anyone else having issues with uploading pics? I have resized them multiple times and it still says there is an error.

Edit: I was able to upload it to my avatar, which is weird that the avatar works but not in a post. I resized it to 250×250 and compressed it to 80%
Love! They look awesome