Lock It Up! Support Thread (Sisterlocs, Dreads, Freeform, Etc)

GGsKin

Thanks Ladies! I keep trying to upload pics but the site says there is an error. Is anyone else having issues with uploading pics? I have resized them multiple times and it still says there is an error.

Edit: I was able to upload it to my avatar, which is weird that the avatar works but not in a post. I resized it to 250×250 and compressed it to 80%
Your style looks lovely @Guinan. Re the pic uploads- it's not just you. There is a glitch from the update. A thread has been started.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Does anyone else have locs with ends that won't close? Before I got my locs cut, I felt like I had perfect closed ends. Now, they won't close. They aren't unraveling, but they are almost kind of...bushy? I don't know if that's the right word.

Also, any suggestions for a hair deodorizer?

BillsBackerz67

My appointment is today at noon I’m glad I booked when I did since the threats of a lock down are looming again. My last retwist was late June I think. So it’s been 5 months. I did a loc detox last night since I saw some crap Embedded into my hair a few days ago and was grossed out lol! Then of course I wanted a few YT vids and got even more grossed out haha. I think my results are not bad after 4.5 years of life, dirt, oil,and breakups! Haha. Not using the wax, nasty gel or pretty much anything besides oil really does wonders. I don’t think I’ll need another detox for another year or 2. We’ll see!

BAA96B96-05A0-4869-BE91-100A714BA4E1.jpegEC57996F-4BF4-48AA-A2C2-9A3F0A4F0D87.jpegEBF74BC6-79EE-4428-AD1D-7FE10FDC3A21.jpeg27770A99-89C6-4F2C-B0B9-4E9611E94CB5.jpeg

Last edited:

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
My appointment is today at noon I’m glad I booked when I did since the threats of a lock down are looming again. My last retwist was late June I think. So it’s been 5 months. I did a loc detox last night since I saw some crap Embedded into my hair a few days ago and was grossed out lol! Then of course I wanted a few YT vids and got even more grossed out haha. I think my results are not bad after 4.5 years of life, dirt, oil,and breakups! Haha. Not using the wax, nasty gel or pretty much anything besides oil really does wonders. I don’t think I’ll need another detox for another year or 2. We’ll see!

View attachment 465413View attachment 465415
Beautiful locs!

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
Thanksgiving weekend I will cross the two year mark! I loved how my locs are coming along. Just finished my fastest interlocking session. 200 locs in 6 hours. I’ll have figure out how to post a pic.
Oh wow!!! It's been 2 years already? Yay!!! I bet they look amazing! Can't wait to see. But @ the bolded, let me find out you a pro!!! I have never been able to be that fast with either set of locks. That's awesome.

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
Of course just when I decide to go back to my loctician it seems like we are heading towards another lockdown
This...
We went back to Phase 1. Nothing’s open :cry3:
And this...

I'm so sorry, ladies...I had a feeling they would shut everything back down again especially with us being in the holiday season and the number of cases still out of control. It will be even worse after January.

I saw a story in my Google cards about California being shut down again, if I recall correctly. But the title was misleading and I thought it was talking about a national lockdown again so that's why I initially clicked on it.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
This...

And this...

I'm so sorry, ladies...I had a feeling they would shut everything back down again especially with us being in the holiday season and the number of cases still out of control. It will be even worse after January.

I saw a story in my Google cards about California being shut down again, if I recall correctly. But the title was misleading and I thought it was talking about a national lockdown again so that's why I initially clicked on it.

Our numbers in Cali are bad and we are also getting transfers from surrounding states like Arizona whose ICUs are completely full. I’m not taking any chances

Alta Angel

I washed, applied Clairol Professionals in Mahogany Red (semi-perm), steamed with a diluted conditioner, etc. on Sunday. I am happy with the color and I followed up by spraying my hair with water/ACV mix to keep the color from bleeding. I was looking for an easier alternative to henna and this color gave me more red and less orange, so I am happy. I retwisted with water and Loc-N-Slay. My hair is growing and coming along. If I retwist again in 6 weeks, I will be at 6 months locked!

Guinan

Re-Branding
I washed, applied Clairol Professionals in Mahogany Red (semi-perm), steamed with a diluted conditioner, etc. on Sunday. I am happy with the color and I followed up by spraying my hair with water/ACV mix to keep the color from bleeding. I was looking for an easier alternative to henna and this color gave me more red and less orange, so I am happy. I retwisted with water and Loc-N-Slay. My hair is growing and coming along. If I retwist again in 6 weeks, I will be at 6 months locked!
What kind of conditioner did you use? Just curious because I started using KCNT and I don't think it's strong enough.

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
I bet it looks so pretty!! I wanna see!

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
Does anyone else have locs with ends that won't close? Before I got my locs cut, I felt like I had perfect closed ends. Now, they won't close. They aren't unraveling, but they are almost kind of...bushy? I don't know if that's the right word.

Also, any suggestions for a hair deodorizer?

If it's bothersome, maybe you could try using a crochet needle to close the ends back up. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I tried a hair odor neutralizer spray on my relaxed hair years ago but I don't remember the name of it or if it's still being produced now. I got it from a drug store when I was out with my mom one day. I liked the scent and I only got it to use when people would smoke around me or if I was out in areas where avoiding side stream smoke was impossible. I think the alcohol content was really high so maybe if you do find one just make sure it doesn't contain a lot or moisturize your locks really well to combat that.

I would imagine you could also try making your own with water and essential oils.

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
I washed DS 2's hair last Sunday and retightened his locks. He was 12 weeks post. His hair took up all my time Sunday so I ended up washing my hair the next day, then started my retightening that same week. (I FINALLY made it to 16 weeks post!!!)

It took me the whole week to finish. (I finished this past Sunday) My hair is so thick and full and getting longer and longer. I love it!

I need to touch base with my stylist who did my first color job last Summer. Everytime it pops in my head I end up getting sidetracked.

I attempted to wash DS 1's hair Sunday but he wanted no parts of it and I wasn't in the mood to fight him on it so I told him we would wash his hair at some point later this week.

I don't really plan to retighten his hair until after Christmas, and by that time it'll be time for his 2 year lockaversary to come up.

With everything going on, I have not been spraying their hair and oiling it every morning or every other morning the way I used to. I need to get back on the ball with that.

I will try to post pics later on tonight or sometime tomorrow.