Lock It Up! Support Thread (Sisterlocs, Dreads, Freeform, Etc)

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
My appointment is today at noon I’m glad I booked when I did since the threats of a lock down are looming again. My last retwist was late June I think. So it’s been 5 months. I did a loc detox last night since I saw some crap Embedded into my hair a few days ago and was grossed out lol! Then of course I wanted a few YT vids and got even more grossed out haha. I think my results are not bad after 4.5 years of life, dirt, oil,and breakups! Haha. Not using the wax, nasty gel or pretty much anything besides oil really does wonders. I don’t think I’ll need another detox for another year or 2. We’ll see!

View attachment 465413View attachment 465415View attachment 465417View attachment 465419

Glad you're doing well!!! I was getting ready to tag you since we hadn't heard from you in a while and then you posted this the other day. Your locks look so amazingly healthy and your hair is still #goals.

How did your retwist turn out? Can we see?

Evolving78

@shortycocoa
So you just gonna stunt on us huh? Lol the baby’s hair is thriving and getting so long! You and the locs look gorgeous! Hey I like the color of your locs! If you wanna change it on your own try a rinse! I ran out of the black rinse I like, so I decided to go with red hue. Since i grew out the bleached parts, the red made my hair look rich. I might just stick with that for awhile.

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
@shortycocoa
So you just gonna stunt on us huh? Lol the baby’s hair is thriving and getting so long! You and the locs look gorgeous! Hey I like the color of your locs! If you wanna change it on your own try a rinse! I ran out of the black rinse I like, so I decided to go with red hue. Since i grew out the bleached parts, the red made my hair look rich. I might just stick with that for awhile.
Thank you for all the compliments! Yes, I am amazed at how his hair looked after this retightening. Day to day it always looks the same but of course the pics tell the real story. As for the color, I think I might do it on my own...been contemplating it forever. Which brands do you suggest?

Evolving78

Thank you for all the compliments! Yes, I am amazed at how his hair looked after this retightening. Day to day it always looks the same but of course the pics tell the real story. As for the color, I think I might do it on my own...been contemplating it forever. Which brands do you suggest?
If you are going for a bold look, I would use adore.

MzSwift

My locs are starting to touch the bottom of my neck...progress...lol
YAY!!

Update: Don't judge me y'all. My locs have been in kinky twist extensions for about a month now. I needed this hair break. Even with locs, I was fussing too much over whether or not I was getting enough moisture or protein, covering my locs properly, etc. So I had to put them away for my sanity. It's been good too bc I've had the energy to adjust and adapt to my little one's schedule. We are also spending more time getting my oldest son to his dad's for the holidays and school breaks, we're driving now instead of having him fly, due to COVID, and we live states away. Not yet sure when I'm gonna take these twists down but I'm so excited that I don't have to worry about the intensive detangling I usually faced with loose hair.

Evolving78

YAY!!

Update: Don't judge me y'all. My locs have been in kinky twist extensions for about a month now. I needed this hair break. Even with locs, I was fussing too much over whether or not I was getting enough moisture or protein, covering my locs properly, etc. So I had to put them away for my sanity. It's been good too bc I've had the energy to adjust and adapt to my little one's schedule. We are also spending more time getting my oldest son to his dad's for the holidays and school breaks, we're driving now instead of having him fly, due to COVID, and we live states away. Not yet sure when I'm gonna take these twists down but I'm so excited that I don't have to worry about the intensive detangling I usually faced with loose hair.
Whatever you gotta do in these times. Protein and Moisture? Girl, that’s loose hair talk! Lol
I use two different leave-in sprays. One for moisture and one for moisture/protein. I’m only concerned about that because I have color. And semi permanents act like a protein fillers.

Evolving78

It’s the last month of the year! I’m so happy I didn’t cut my locs off and working my way through this process. Since I have been focusing on school, I have switched to washing my hair 2-3 weeks, just so my new growth has time to formulate into the the loc’ed hair.
I’m interested in loc’ed jewelry for next year. Just a couple of pieces that will still look professional (not conservative).

I’m going to get some rods finally today. I have been talking about getting some for almost a year now! Lol I keep forgetting when I’m out the house.
So I’m going to get some rods and wrap foam lotion, and rubber bands. I may try some two strand twists next year. I found two cute accessories in my accessory stash that work well with my length right now. I want a few more like those.
I’ve been through some challenges this year-heck we all have, and I just want to do some self-care things that will help me feel good. Not just for my hair, but for my new career.

BillsBackerz67

Glad you're doing well!!! I was getting ready to tag you since we hadn't heard from you in a while and then you posted this the other day. Your locks look so amazingly healthy and your hair is still #goals.

How did your retwist turn out? Can we see?
Thank you so much @shortycocoa ive been working a lot and haven’t been logging on as much. There was literally a point where I all I did was throw it into a high bun and put a scarf around my head for 8 weeks. Luckily I made sure to at least search for Velcro roots during that time or it would have been very bad news came time for my retwist appt. I took some pics this am :) holy greys!

82821184-2029-44FB-BB83-5497D9213228.jpegEC2E77B6-1846-478C-98DF-292D4DEB3A4D.jpeg5181652F-B0A4-47E1-9D20-F01BA166BC5F.jpeg2E2F20F4-C9E4-4CB0-B922-9637BD5F95DF.jpeg