locs anyone?

swirl

IG: rhonda_hair
does anyone here wear locs? i want to loc my hair so badly, but my 3c hair just won't do it. i wear twists often and they get frizzy after 3 days or so. i love love love sisterlocs! /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

Nanyanika

There's one lady on here who wears locs and its so beautiful.. but i can't remember her username.

Nanyanika

i found it. her name is amla, maybe you could pm her for some advice. HTH. Goodluck with your decision.

Jaelin

You can take a look at my sister's locs (pswd in my signature) in my hair album. She is also a type 3 I believe and tried several products before she found a gel that would hold her hair. I can ask her what she uses.

dreemssold

[ QUOTE ]
i found it. her name is amla, maybe you could pm her for some advice. HTH. Goodluck with your decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I've seen her pictures, and her hair is BEAUTIFUL /images/graemlins/up.gif!

mslionheart

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone here wear locs? i want to loc my hair so badly, but my 3c hair just won't do it. i wear twists often and they get frizzy after 3 days or so. i love love love sisterlocs! /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you did very tiny individual braids, they would stay in place and give you a similar look to sisterlocs. The lady who runs http://bradelocz.com/ did this for her and her children's hair.

FrizzMizz

Swirl, I was trying to view your hair type in the gallery but I couldn't.

I want locs so bad sometimes I can taste it /images/graemlins/rofl.gif. But I'm so not ready, I'm just too fickle right now. Maybe I change my mind in a few years. I'm sure they'll look gorgeous on you. Have you tried nappturality.com. The site might be down right now though.

Healthb4Length

I started locks on my friends type 3b/c hair and it worked out great! They are healty and beautiful and moist. It took abut 6 months for the hair to fully lock, we used protein gel (black kind) at first but found that we didn't like the results. Next we used Lock and Twist gel from Organic ROots Stimulator...I really like the results but she wanted the locking process to go faster so we switched to 100% pure Beeswax. I was hesistant about using that but it did do the trick, the hair remained locked longer and the beeswax helped combat frizzies too...I hope this info can help.

Netta1

Oh, I have a few pictures in my album of my Best friend who has locs and they are beautiful. I think I might try loc extentions-I bet they would look cute!