Long hair ladies, can I live vicariously through you?

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Washes hair, sections it, apply flexi rods to each section, sits under hot box dryer thinking everything is all good. Goes to remove flexi rods only to realize there is an ENTIRE section of hair that I missed and is still in a bantu knot. WTH! Long, thick hair problems!

My son asked me why do I have a little ball in my hair mixed in with my rollers. lol

Last edited:

felic1

I am glad that everything is going well for you guys.we are doing good. We had a church picnic today and went swimming. DS had a great time.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I had got my hair freshly done and trimmed to about APL. Anyway, I walked into a store and walked over the jewelry counter (which was near the front entrance). The security guard standing near the door stopped me and said, "Excuse me, is that all your hair?" I said proudly, "Why, yes, yes it is?":grin: He said "Its beautiful and it is good to see black women with their own long hair. It looks really good!" Made my day! I walked off to the car, hair blowing and all.

Note: Trimmed APL in real life is long hair to many folks, LOL!

Yes it is...especially for us. APL hair is definitely long irl for blk ppl! :yep:

D.Lisha

Loving these stories, ladies! Please keep them coming :).

I'm currently BSL and slowly coming up on MBL, yet I have no stories of my own to share :(. It seems where I come from (in the south) that you have to have knee length hair or better just to get a second glance...*shrugs* whatever...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

sunnieb

I wore a hoodie today. As I was walking past some windows, I glanced at my hair in the reflection like I always do. I thought to myself - dang, I didn't know that hood hung so far down my back!

Well, I get to another set of Windows and realize that aint no dern hood, that's my hair! :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

SmilingElephant

That moment when u flat iron your hair... And everyone at work is surprised at how long your hair actually is vs. the curly shrinkage.

This yt chick was like "I would've never guessed your hair was THAT long!":shocked:

This other girl was like "she got dat length tho!" :grin:

And the men all paused....when I walked into the room. :look: #RealTalk lol

Now that I'm back in WL territory I feel like myself again :lol:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
That moment when u flat iron your hair... And everyone at work is surprised at how long your hair actually is vs. the curly shrinkage. This yt chick was like "I would've never guessed your hair was THAT long!":shocked: This other girl was like "she got dat length tho!" :grin: And the men all paused....when I walked into the room. :look: #RealTalk lol Now that I'm back in WL territory I feel like myself again :lol:

I Love that!!! #jawdrop

MsKinkycurl

I always get excited when this thread is updated. I am loving everyone's stories! A few people have asked me if my semi-mini twists are extensions because they are ~apl. I went home for the holidays and showed my mom my hair and she reminded me how far I have come from when I was in grade school. I used to cry when I got my hair done because my hair never grew longer. I went to a multicultural school and girls would comment on my hair cut but my hair wasn't trimmed, it just broke off. Now my longest layer is waist length and my hair doesn't brake off, it only grows longer with time. My shrunken twists now are even longer than my straight hair was growing up.

Healthy hair care takes a lot of time but it is still drama free compared to beating my hair into submission every seven days then spending the rest of the week hating the way it, and I, looked. Now I love my hair and I feel like it adds to my beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

havilland

My hair is "long" and "heavy" again now when it's straightened. I'm almost back to my longest length as an adult and I realize that my high ponytails are hard for me to wear. The weight of the hair gives me a headache. I can't imagine what it's gonna be like when it's even longer.

Tonight my head is killing me because I wore straight flat ironed hair in a high pony all day. I remember when I was shoulder length and could live in a high pony. Based on this headache I have right now, I'm guessing those days are behind me. No more high ponies for me.

SmilingElephant

My hair is "long" and "heavy" again now when it's straightened. I'm almost back to my longest length as an adult and I realize that my high ponytails are hard for me to wear. The weight of the hair gives me a headache. I can't imagine what it's gonna be like when it's even longer.

Tonight my head is killing me because I wore straight flat ironed hair in a high pony all day. I remember when I was shoulder length and could live in a high pony. Based on this headache I have right now, I'm guessing those days are behind me. No more high ponies for me.

That is an issue with long thick hair. I'm finding it's not good for me top wear top knot buns anymore for the same reason. It's very heavy and it hurts my head and scalp. :(

claudzie

Strolling with Unicorns

I will take this struggle anyday :)

havilland

I just realized that my real hair is as long as the clip in fake ponytails I used to buy!!!
Woootwoot!!!

Attachments

• image-1761755232.jpg
    image-1761755232.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 117
  • image-2347193228.jpg
    image-2347193228.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 143
  • image-3745010962.jpg
    image-3745010962.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 140
  • image-2746172841.jpg
    image-2746172841.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 123

SmilingElephant

The fact that feeding my hair is like feeding a teenager. :look:

I run out of conditioner SOOOOOOO fast!

I'm looking on here for sales ret nah! :lol:

I am no longer content with buying one small bottle of anything by itself. :nono: I must do bogo sales for regular sized bottles or I have to buy salon sized bottles. An 8oz bottle will last me a week or week and a half if I don't use it everyday. 32oz will last me about 3 months.

I am heavy handded...but I have to be bc my hair dries out if it's not thoroughly moisturized.

GettingKinky

I was leaving the salon a couple of days ago after getting my hair colored and flat ironed. My stylist gets my hair stick straight and I've finally reached MBL. As I was paying, another client (the stylist's sister) said, "your hair is so pretty. People pay for hair like that and you have it growing out of your head"

Last edited:

giigii613

I love this thread too. I just started re-reading it from the beginning.
I need to do the same thing to stay inspired. I've had braids on and off for the past year and I feel like my hair has not made any progress length wise. I notice that my hair is thicker but it is not getting longer so back to page one of this thread and square one with my regimen.