LONG HAIR LADIES DO YOU SHED ALOT?

Jynkx

What is a lot? Of course when it comes to my hair I feel like every strand is valuable and I freak out when I see one fall. I always feel like a ton of hair is coming out, but I really have no way of knowing what is normal shedding. This is a picture of the shedding I had after I combed my hair out after a wash. Does this look normal? Or is this too much?

http://img182.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hair314009hz3.jpg

girl, that is nothing. your ok. i get a whole lot more than that. my mom has always shed sooooo much. and her hair has remained thick. some peeps just shed like crazy.

pearcey

Great thread, just chiming in. I hate hair loss and spaz a lot so I love reading these responses, it calms me down a bit :)

Last edited:

Allandra

I am about an inch from BSL and I just started shedding a lot more than usual. No change in diet, exercise or medicines. I am just as stressed as usual. I know that it is sheddage because of the bulb attachment, but I don't like this at all. I am wondering if it is because my hair has gotten longer....
Does it just look like more shedding since your hair is getting longer (especially no change in diet, exercise or meds)?

nichole21

I'm glad to see this thread...

I shed ALOT of hair and its rarely breakage. There's always hair all over the bathroom, the sink and shower. I bun for a week at a time and detangle once per week. Part of the problem is low iron (Iron anemia) but even when I take the pills, I still think I shed more than normal. I don't know.

I don't stress about it too much because I still retain my thickness but if anyone walked into my bathroom they think I was strange. lol.

clever

Nichole I am so happy you bumped this.My hair has been shedding like crazy.I'm maintaining thickness so I thought it was strange.I was starting to think it ran in the family since my mom sheds huge golf ball sizes.

She had been shedding alot lately too so she went to the salon to get 6 inches chopped off :blush:.Maybe she'll grow it back out once I tell her its normal.

simplyhair

I shed ALOT of hair and its rarely breakage. There's always hair all over the bathroom, the sink and shower. I bun for a week at a time and detangle once per week. Part of the problem is low iron (Iron anemia) but even when I take the pills, I still think I shed more than normal. I don't know.

I don't stress about it too much because I still retain my thickness but if anyone walked into my bathroom they think I was strange. lol.

I bun and detangle once a week just like you. I also see a lot of hair on the sink and floor. But you are right...don't stress about it since it's only normal shedding. Plus, I retain my thickness. I also have low iron. I wonder if there is a connection....

godzooki

It's nice to see these long haired ladies shedding a lot too because I cringe every time I read posts that say they only had 1 hair in the comb! I shed so dang much I should sell it for "down alternative" stuffing.

Thanks for this thread. My hair isn't "long", but I have a shedding problem. I've tried everything. I am obsessed with every strand in the comb. I look at each one - it's all shedded hair. The more I wash my hair, the less it sheds, but it's so cold - I haven't really been diligent with the co-washes. But I think what I think is excessive really isn't according to this thread. I'm loosing about 5-7 strands at the most. Sometimes it's about 3 or 4.