Longtime Natural has texturized

DelightfulFlame

jetcitygirl said:
DelightfulFlame: I checked out your album and saw that you recently texurized your hair too. I will be checking for updates on the regular! Do you cut/trim your own hair too? I like how it came out.

Thanks! Yes, I cut/trim my own hair. I just recently straightened it for the first time in three years, and was amazed to see that it didn't look as bad as I thought it would. I used to just trim the ends off of twists, and try to even up the back. One side is a little bit longer than the other, but it'll do for now. I'm not ready to even it up yet, and it isn't very noticeable. I'm still scared to go to the salon!

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
DelightfulFlame said:
I'm still scared to go to the salon!

Girl I know exactly what you mean! It took me a couple of years to get up the courage to let somebody else do my hair when I was natural and growing it out. I needed to though, I have no hair skills whatsoever whether relaxed or natural. If and when I go natural again I am definately letting the professionals handle my hair.

sareca: The stylist said I only need to get it touched up once or twice a year if I want to maintain the texturizer. I'm wondering if it's going to be fragile at the demarcation line of new growth like my relaxed hair (straight) was. I hope not! I am not going to be a slave to touch ups again.

Lucia: She used a Fiberguard relaxer. I don't know if that is lye or no-lye. I forgot to ask her the details :perplexed . Not that I would really know the difference anyway. I am going to ask her when I go back for a shape up in a couple months. It was on and off in about 5 minutes including application time. It feels a quite a bit softer than before I got the texturizer. I think that may have to do with getting a lot chopped off. My ends were frazzled as usual. I never really styled my hair natural, I just pulled it back into a ponytail and let the ponytail out when it was dry...that's kind of why I opted for a texturizer. It allows me to have some kind of style that I don't have to spend time on. Styling time now is like a couple of minutes and that is only because I like to finger curl sections for a really curly look. I could just let it dry left alone too.

asummertyme: Love the tattoo I got one too recently (first time) for my 39th birthday in June. Maybe I'll put a picture of it in my album.:lol:

Brownshugaz: You've got a respectable amount of growth for just 2 years. Plus you seem to have some skill at styling your hair. It looks really healthy and pretty.

so1913: Your hair is the bomb!!!