Looking for a Church home - Chicago

ClassicChic

I am in need of a church home. I currently am a member of one church but I have not attended in over a year. I am in need of a relationship with God because right now I feel lost and my life is so chaotic right now. I have never read the Bible to get a full understanding. I have tried many times but then I just give up. I need a relationship with the Lord.

pebbles

I don't have a church I can recommend because I don't live in Chicago. Hopefully, someone will be able to help you.

As to reading your bible, that can be difficult to do, but it's great to have a bible guide to help you. I very highly recommend this book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...1/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/002-5225950-9300820

The authors are funny, and the book's language is fun and easy to follow. I bought it some time ago, and it was priceless to me in getting to know the word of God better. Two thumbs up! :up: :up: :)

Honeyhips

Lovely
mrsjones1 said:
Cherokee PM me !!!!
where do you go? We had a guest Apostle at out Church today and he talked about the Joseph anointing and one of the things he said was your siggy.

PaperDoll

~the original~
Hi Cherokee :wave:

If you will be visiting churches in your quest to find the right one for you, please visit my church 'homes', you can PM me if you have any questions :)

Salem Baptist Church of Chicago
11800 S. Indiana
www.sbcoc.org

and

Saint Sabina Church
1210 W. 78th Place (78th and Throop)
www.saintsabina.org

:D

lalah

I have been looking for a church home also. I visited many churches and Victory Apostolic keeps me coming back to be spiritually fed. I have not joined the church yet, because they are in the process of moving to Matteson, IL which is even further away from me (I live in the city). So I guess I still may be looking. It is right off of 196th and Halsted. If you would like to visit, PM me.

Honeyhips

Lovely
What kind of church are you looking for? Big or small? Apstolic, baptist, catholic or whatever?

I will pm you back.

ClassicChic

Thanks ladies. I would like a small to mid-size church. One were I can have a relationship with the pastor. I have a child so I would like the church to have a youth ministry.I would prefer a Christian or Baptist church. I have not attened other denominations but I am open.