Looking for hair care help from Ladies in Denver, CO

PreciousPearl

I am a new member and I am looking for ladies that leave in Denver, CO. that can provide some hair care tips for myself and my daughter. I have been reviewing your forum for a few months and am trying to adopt good hair care practices for myself and my daughter. I have seen improvement with my hair, but my hair continues to stay dry. I try not to comb my hair, but when I do I see broken hair in my comb or when I run my fingers through the hair. I use a seamless wide tooth comb and stopped brushing my hair. 8 months ago it was APL length hair, but now its SL.

I have adopted the following for my hair:

Conditioner wash - 1x wk
Shampoo wash - 1x wk
Pre poo - Olive oil and conditioner
Deep Conditioning - 1 wk
Protein treatment - 6 wks
Daily moisture - mango butter or care free curl gold
Seal with olive oil
Mist hair during the day with aloe vera juice, distilled water, glycerin and olive oil mix.
Relaxer - 12-18 weeks

My daughter is 11 yrs old and has natural hair. I prepoo, wash, dc and press her hair once a week with coconut oil. I apply coconut to her hair daily. I can't figure out what day moisturizer to apply to pressed hair that won't revert her hair.

We both have type 4 hair. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I am at a lost!

audacity.

Welcome to the board, girl! More and more of us Denverites are joining! I like to attribute it to my screen name :grin:

what do you want to know?

Just looking quickly over your reggie, it looks good to me! You will like make changes as you progress in your jouney, but it is a GREAT start!

If you have specific questions feel free to PM me or any other member that you would like to gain some insight from.

Here is the link to my current regimen.
http://public.fotki.com/denvergirl/my-hair-care-regimen/

HTH and happy hair growing!!!

eta: most of my adopted hair care practices didn't come from folx in Denver (since most of the members from Denver are lurkers or just plain not active) so good advice and suggestions come from everyone from all corners of the world. :yep: GOOD LUCK, lady!

Last edited:

PreciousPearl

Thank you ladies. I look forward to my new hair care journey. I originally was looking for ladies that lived in Denver because of the very dry climate that we experience here. But, I will take advice from anyone.

Denver Girl thanks for the link to your regimen and how do I send you a PM?

audacity.

Thank you ladies. I look forward to my new hair care journey. I originally was looking for ladies that lived in Denver because of the very dry climate that we experience here. But, I will take advice from anyone.

Denver Girl thanks for the link to your regimen and how do I send you a PM?

if you click on a memeber's name on their post, there is a send private message option. or you can go into a member's profile and the private message option is under "contact"

how about i send you one and you can reply :yep:

Crystalicequeen123

I am a new member and I am looking for ladies that leave in Denver, CO. that can provide some hair care tips for myself and my daughter.

LOL....only on a hair board can you mix up the words "leave in" and "live in"! :lol: :lachen: :lol: I'm just kidding. :hug2:

Honestly, I'd say doing a search for more Denver Colorodo ladies is the best way to go. There have to be more on this board. :yep:

Last edited:

audacity.

LOL....only on a hair board can you mix up the words "leave in" and "live in"! :lol: :lachen: :lol: I'm just kidding. :hug2:

Honestly, I'd say doing a search for more Denver Colorodo ladies is the best way to go. There have to be more on this board. :yep:

There are quite a few actually.

Shell (she has some numbers at the end but i can't remember what they are)
Ella
Sharee (she doesn't log in very much...)
Surprise (she is natural, too)
AprilStar
SisterGirl
brittanynic16
Neesha
NaturallyBlonde

These folx either live here now or have lived here...

But like I said (aside from ella) most of the Denver folx (or colorado folx) are lurkers...

djilly

Maybe you, DenverGirl and I should get together because I feel the same way you do. Everyone keeps telling me that my regime of washing every 3 days will not work in this dry climate. My hair has grown, though. I would like to know how to PM you both. Have you both experienced growth by following a frequent washing/cowashing regime? I use distilled water and I have a shower filter so that should help with the hard water issue here in Denver.

RocStar

Hi there....I am here in Aurora and have lived in CO pretty much all of my life. The most important thing is moisture, moisture and moisture. Everything in my regimine is moisture related. I do think the climate has a lot to do with it, but your own individual hair also plays a part. I have found that deep conditioning with heat helps my hair tremendously. I tried to DC atleast twice a week. For me personally, the KeraCare line has done wonders for me. You can have healthy moisturized hair in Colorado, it just takes trial and error to find out the products and regimen that will work for you.

PreciousPearl

I have also lived in Denver most of my life and always had healthy hair. But, within the past few years my hair has been going through some rough changes (probably age related :rolleyes:). So, here I am trying to figure out what I need to do. I have noticed improvement since I been focusing on moisture. Now, I just have to decide which products to continue to use. I've become a product junkie and have purchased almost everything I have read about. My hubby and kids think I've gone crazy.. lol

PreciousPearl

Maybe you, DenverGirl and I should get together because I feel the same way you do. Everyone keeps telling me that my regime of washing every 3 days will not work in this dry climate. My hair has grown, though. I would like to know how to PM you both. Have you both experienced growth by following a frequent washing/cowashing regime? I use distilled water and I have a shower filter so that should help with the hard water issue here in Denver.

Click on my member name on my post, there is a send private message option. I sent you a PM. You can get your my PM by clicking on your private messages.