L'Oreal Found Guilty of Racial Discrimination

Will you still purchase L'Oreal and other it's related brands?

• Nope, take my money elsewhere.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • Didn't purchase their products to begin with.

Votes: 65 37.4%
  • Not sure....

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • Yes I will still purchase L'Oreal products.

Votes: 24 13.8%

• Total voters

bedazzled

I don't think I would Boycott it. A couple years back it was reported that timbalands were owned by a member of the KKK...Snapple was owned by the KKK (which i believed isnt true because its owned by Dr. Pepper) and Tommy Hilfiger was racist (which im still not sure cause didnt he ask aaliyah to model some of his clothes?)...but point being,..theres alot of racist business owners..i cant & wont sift through them all. My opinion though..nobody get mad..MY OPINION.

Solitude

I was reading about this today, but I thought I was late on this story. Hmmm....now I feel conflicted about my beloved Garnier Fructis :ohwell:

Last edited:

Solitude

Well I can take Mizani and Matrix off my list which is fine since there are so many other lines I want to try. I'm going to try not to use as much as I can from this company.

I hope Bey feels like she has enough money that she move on from this company.

I'm sure Bey's not affected by this. She's "crossed-over" :lachen:

PGirl

Oh no and I just discovered Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine serum! I love voluminous mascara too. A constant staple for years....

I don't know if I can boycott...These products make my life better.

iNicola

I don't think I would Boycott it. A couple years back it was reported that timbalands were owned by a member of the KKK...Snapple was owned by the KKK (which i believed isnt true because its owned by Dr. Pepper) and Tommy Hilfiger was racist (which im still not sure cause didnt he ask aaliyah to model some of his clothes?)...but point being,..theres alot of racist business owners..i cant & wont sift through them all. My opinion though..nobody get mad..MY OPINION.

Nothing wrong with that :). I told a friend about it because she loves anything and everything Ralph Lauren and she said she won't boycott. She can do whatever but as for me, I'm not loosing anything by boycotting those companies. I liked Garnier Fructis leave in and was planning on buying another bottle (i won't now). I have HIP and Maybeline cosmetics product, I won't toss them but I won't buy them anymore. There are certainly other alternatives for me. :yep:

*Muffin*

I don't use any of their products anymore, thank goodness. I use Aubrey Organics, Giovanni, and other product brands at health food stores. It's getting so old. I'm so sick and tired of all this discrimination against non-caucasians. I recently had to quit my job due to insidious discrimination. I physically witnessed my boss tossing out the application of a black man, but that very week she hired a white man. And my job used to be comprised mostly of blacks/non-whites, but at the time of my leaving it I was one of the three or so blacks that were left. And it's not only with jobs, it's with housing as well. I live in what was a historically black community, but in the past couple of years they've "cleaned" the neighborhood a lot. They are doing this thing where they are offering families (which are mostly AA's) a certain some of money for their homes, and when they take it and seek to buy another home in another area, no one will sell to them, so they are forced to move out of the district. And they've commenced building townhouses and apartments at ridiculously high prices to appeal to "other" types of people. I'm all about equality, but one shouldn't stomp down on one race because they feel they are getting too prominent to try to appeal to another :nono:.

bedazzled

Nothing wrong with that :). I told a friend about it because she loves anything and everything Ralph Lauren and she said she won't boycott. She can do whatever but as for me, I'm not loosing anything by boycotting those companies. I liked Garnier Fructis leave in and was planning on buying another bottle (i won't now). I have HIP and Maybeline cosmetics product, I won't toss them but I won't buy them anymore. There are certainly other alternatives for me. :yep:

IA. I think that with the information that is shared if I can I'll try to choose products over these companies but girrrllll makeup/hair products are expensive..Im a broke college student that cannot afford to throw out all of those products and who knows all the companies Loreal owns...But I love when all you girlies share this wonderful information.

Mortons

And I'm an avid Maybelline user...they are some of the only people who make foundations for Black women on the drugstore level.

LightEyedMami

Well good thing i use the Bootleg Version of Matrix Conditioning balm (AKA sallys GVP line) im straight!! :)

ETA: aww crap i didn't realize Jam was on the list it is the only product i use to keep my daughters puffs neat for days at a time :(

Brownie518

Oh no and I just discovered Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine serum! I love voluminous mascara too. A constant staple for years....

I don't know if I can boycott...These products make my life better.

This has been one of my staples for years now. At this point, you'd have to pry it from my cold dead fingers. I've just added two Mizani products to my rotation and as hard as it is for me to find products that work, no way am I kicking them to the side. It took me sooooo long to find products that worked and get my hair healthy.
Too bad if anyone has a problem with this.
I would be open to suggestions for replacements for the Serum

Demi27

Yup I believe it.. because everytime I see a minority as the spokesmodel they look more and more European every time... Beyonce, Penelope Cruz, the Indian girl from Slum Dog, and the spanish chick from Desp. Housewives. That ain't no coincedence. Only bad thing is my hair loves some Garnier and there aren't too many products my hair likes.

She was the first person I thought of when I read this. I am sooo not surprised.

FindingMe

Every-dogon-thing
Maybelline
Body Shop
Softsheen Carson
Diesel
Kerastase
Redken
Matrix
Lancome
Kielh
Giorgio Armani
Ralph Lauren
YSL Beaute
Cacharel

That's a shame. The people they want to buy it can have it. I don't buy none of their stuff anyways...

Last edited:

ladytee2

I am not surprised at all. People -even me- want to believe that the world especially the US is changed. The truth is that there is nothing new under the sun and there will always be people who judge others by what they see rather than their character.

And man I just fell in love with the HIP line.

chocolatethai

i use a couple of those line but that just means i can let the pj in me out for a while till i find something new, come to think of it i ran out of redken and biolage back at the start of spring and mizani butter blends recently and haven't repurchased yet. i must have known this would happen:lachen:mizani will be harder to part with ...oh well
***off to do a search to find a replacement***

camilla

I am not surprised at all. People -even me- want to believe that the world especially the US is changed. The truth is that there is nothing new under the sun and there will always be people who judge others by what they see rather than their character.

And man I just fell in love with the HIP line.

I LOVED ME SOME HIP TOO:nono:

bedazzled

Wait..I have a question. While reading some of the other reports on it, it was stated that it was only the Garnier Fructis department. I know each department is ran by their own execs so maybe not all of Loreal is corrupted? I started looking up on it when I saw this cute pic of kerry and they didnt photoshop her european style. LOL - But what do yall thing? I mean don't mad african american celebs support & promote Giorgio Armani?

cicilypayne

I really like their eyeshadows too..but I'm not surprise I bet its a shorter list of those who are not racially biased.

youwillrise

dang

and i recently bought some l'oreal vive pro products that i was kinda liking.

such a sad sad case

but i have no problem going back to aubrey conditioners or finding something else to try out. just fine with me.

ToyToy

Quite a few brands are under L'Oreal. It would be hard to completely ignore them.
But I'm not surprised at the racism. It's very, very blatant in Europe (except UK - they are more subtle and diplomatic about it).

Ivonnovi

I voted not sure. I don't spend enough to effect their sales one way or another; however next time I'm making a PJ purchase it won't be with them.

I like that their eyeshadows are nicely pigmented; and I've been known to wear their foundations in the past.

garnier and its drying products... wtf that mess made my hair dry like i dunno what i was so confused with all the raves on here, my hair hates them!!!! it knew already! lol