L'oreal Sulfate Free?

twinkletoes17

It's sulfate-free, but doesn't it have another lathering detergent that's just as bad? I thought I heard that for some reason..

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
When I saw the commercials, I knew it was a gimmick. The things stylists talk about all the time is sulfates, so that's the "IN" thing to be concerned about now :rolleyes:

However, I still tried it :look: I got the masque in a jar with a hot pink-ish top... HATED IT! No moisture, slip, softness, nothin. My hair was stiff and just a mess. Booo! :down:

chocolatetresses

I have the shampoo(moisture formula) and I really like it. I like the fact that it is sulfate-free but I'm actually really skeptical about it being so. The first few ingredients sound suspect to me: Water - Aqua , Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate , Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate , Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate , Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Glycol Distearate , Glycereth-26 , Decyl Glucoside , Fragrance - Parfum , PPG-5-Ceteth-20 , Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer , Amodimethicone , Polyquaternium-7 , Polyquaternium-10 , Methylparaben , PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate , Propylene Glycol , Carbomer , C11-15 Pareth-7 , Benzophenone-3 , Benzyl Salicylate , Hexyl Cinnamal , Glycerin , Trideceth-12 , Laureth-9 , Linalool , Tocopherol , Limonene , C12-13 Pareth-23 , C12-13 Pareth-3 , Benzyl Alcohol , Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Rosemary Leaf Oil - Rosmarinus Officinalis Oil , Methylisothiazolinone , Sodium Hydroxide , Citric Acid .... You guys be the judge! Overall the shampoo is good I haven't tried the condishes yet. Not really interested on those to be honest

brasileira

i use the pink and silver moisture one and its not bad but it isnt great either so now i just mix it with my other deep condish

sylver2

When I saw the commercials, I knew it was a gimmick. The things stylists talk about all the time is sulfates, so that's the "IN" thing to be concerned about now :rolleyes:

However, I still tried it :look: I got the masque in a jar with a hot pink-ish top... HATED IT! No moisture, slip, softness, nothin. My hair was stiff and just a mess. Booo! :down:

yup..same results! i was soo disappointed because years ago Loreal use to make this masque called dry defense. I LOVED it!! it was my staple conditioner before NTM and they discontinued it. I was hoping this would be a re incarnate.
It is CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tybi

I did AllieCat, the sample that I finally received. It was just an OK moisture shampoo to me. It did not strip my hair the way some other shampoos have like Tresseme, but it was nothing special. I wont buy it.

Thanks to chocolatetresses for posting the ingredients, and I must agree that these ingredients (Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate , Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate , Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate) seem suspect.

I also got a sample of Avenno's new shampoo and condish and I greatly prefer. It does have sulfates, but my hair was so darn soft after using the combo. I even lathered up twice, and only had the little bit of condish that comes in the sample pack which is never enough. I airdried, and my hair which is very lightly texlaxed was so soft, even with no product. I saved the coupon that came with it and plan to buy it when I run out of all this other junk I need to use up!:rolleyes:

AllieCat0817

Ladies, DO NOT BUY THIS! MY HAIR IS STRAW!!

I don't know what else to attribute the straw like feeling to. Before I used this my hair was soft and immediately after it is VERYYYYYYY hard dry and strawlike. VERY hard to comb, can only comb it with loads of DC in it and even then its still not easy. I tried EVERYTHING to make my hair go back to normal, so far nothing is working. I DC'd with SheScentIt Banana Brulee (without heat) for at least 3 hrs last night w a plastic cap and towel on my head. STILL like straw. I tried numerous other things without heat (AO honeysuckle Rose, Lustrasilk cholesterol)... NOTHING is working. I used Kenra clarifying shampoo then conditioned.. NO change. Tried ORS Aloe shampoo & followed with a good conditioner.. NO CHANGE. Clarified with baking soda and Silk Elements neutralizing poo.. NO CHANGE. Tried the Kiya Fizzle (salt mixed with conditioner). Tried Roux Porosity Control... NOTHING. Yeah I tried wayyy too many things but I am feeling desperate.

Right now I have Hairveda Sitrinillah on and AO honeysuckle rose on top of that, under a plastic cap and towel and will sit under the dryer for at least an hour.

I have NO IDEA WHAT ELSE TO DO. I'm about to research these ingredients.

I henna'd the day before.... and texlaxed 3 days before that. Probably got way too much goin on at once. I am SOOO THROUGH.

sylver2

Ladies, DO NOT BUY THIS! MY HAIR IS STRAW!!

I don't know what else to attribute the straw like feeling to. Before I used this my hair was soft and immediately after it is VERYYYYYYY hard dry and strawlike. VERY hard to comb, can only comb it with loads of DC in it and even then its still not easy. I tried EVERYTHING to make my hair go back to normal, so far nothing is working. I DC'd with SheScentIt Banana Brulee (without heat) for at least 3 hrs last night w a plastic cap and towel on my head. STILL like straw. I tried numerous other things without heat (AO honeysuckle Rose, Lustrasilk cholesterol)... NOTHING is working. I used Kenra clarifying shampoo then conditioned.. NO change. Tried ORS Aloe shampoo & followed with a good conditioner.. NO CHANGE. Clarified with baking soda and Silk Elements neutralizing poo.. NO CHANGE. Tried the Kiya Fizzle (salt mixed with conditioner). Tried Roux Porosity Control... NOTHING. Yeah I tried wayyy too many things but I am feeling desperate.

Right now I have Hairveda Sitrinillah on and AO honeysuckle rose on top of that, under a plastic cap and towel and will sit under the dryer for at least an hour.

I have NO IDEA WHAT ELSE TO DO. I'm about to research these ingredients.

I henna'd the day before.... and texlaxed 3 days before that. Probably got way too much goin on at once. I am SOOO THROUGH.

u musta didn't see this thread:lachen: thats exactly how my hair felt frm usin this CRAP!!
I had to rewash then recondition thhen deep condition.

AllieCat0817

Y'all I am in panic mode. PLEASE HELP ME. What did you guys do to FIX IT? Am I doing the right thing? I know I used toooo many shampoo's afterward trying to get rid of whatever hard strawlike coating I got going on, but I also have used ALOOTTT of really good conditioners too trying to fix this.

HELP ME PLEASE. Right now my hair is SLATHERED in Sitrinillah deep conditioner, AO honeysuckle rose and I just added some Ojon Restorative Treatment. Got on a plastic cap, under a towel. I will be sitting under the dryer after a while (will take the towel off and just have the plastic cap on under the dryer).

Like I am thinking will I have to cut it all off? I wore a 1/2 inch boy cut TWA for 3 years and now I JUST NOW am having some hair growing into a bob I am REALLY upset. And leaving for Florida for a 7 day vaca so I dont have alot of time left to fix this mess.

LADIES HELP ME, allll ideas on how to fix, PLEASE!

Tamrin

unapologetic
saw u tried the salt already. You shampooed and clarified too much. Add a little honey and coconut oil to you DC the. You need a major moirsture boost.

Last edited:

AllieCat0817

Thanks, throwing some coconut oil and honey ontop of alll this DC I already have on...I will leave this DC on ALL DAY till tonight. Or is THAT too much DC?

Iluvsmuhgrass

Girl my hair has been a dry mess for the last few days (recently relaxed, protein, and sulfated shampoo)... I DC'ed with cholesterol and used a water/glycerin/conditioner (V05 Passionfruit Moisture Milk) mix. It's slow going but it's moisturizing my situation lol.

MissAn

hated it. didn't use the shampoo or conditioner, but the leave-in left my hair stiff also. ugh. never again. :ban:

naturalgyrl5199

Bumping....I was gonna try this but it has cones...and I am trying to wean off of cones.....
I tried Hair One sulfate-free cleanser....but its a conditioner in disguise....Great product...my 4AB coils even had a little slip...I will use this until I find something all natural without cones because Hair One has cones too....Hate the smell though...smells medicinal !?!!?!

Any new reviews on this?