Los Angeles Ladies... Please refer stylists

juicy555

I had to kick my psycho stylist to the curb. Now I'm looking for a stylist who's into hair health and isn't scissor happy. Most importantly they have to be professional. I'm in the Valley and willing to drive as far south as Inglewood.

Any referrals? TIA!

Divine Inspiration

Hey Juicy!! :wave:

I'm in the Valley as well, and I have YET to find a decent stylist in LA out of the 20+ I've visited in the past 3 years. I've got some names and numbers for you to test the water with, but I've never been to them. They were recently passed on to me by a friend.

I feel your pain, though. I've resigned myself to the idea that if I want healthy hair, I've got to maintain it myself. The stylists out here just want to STYLE hair...and if you don't have it, they'd rather weave it than take the time to properly care for yours.

Anyhow, let me know if you find somebody!

{DI}

juicy555

Hi Divine... your hair is living up to your name. :eek: Good work!

All I want is someone to color me every now and then and touch me up/trim without drama... so perhaps one of those folks you have might be the one...??

Althoguh I find it hard to believe there is no one able to refer on this board. Come on sistas-in-hair, we're hurtin' up in here. :D

Divine Inspiration

juicy555 said:

All I want is someone to color me every now and then and touch me up/trim without drama... so perhaps one of those folks you have might be the one...??

Althoguh I find it hard to believe there is no one able to refer on this board. Come on sistas-in-hair, we're hurtin' up in here. :D

Thanks for the compliment girlie! :kiss:

Girl I know what you mean...just somebody to have in your back pocket for when you want a service done professionally.

And I TOTALLY agree that there should be someone on the board who can recommend a decent stylist.

Anyway, I don't have those names and numbers in front of me, but when I get to them, I'll come back and post them.

Also, you may want to PM Denim & Leather. She lives here, and she recently went to a stylist that did an "ok" job.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open. :ohwell:

Divine Inspiration

juicy555 said:

Girl I know what you mean...just somebody to have in your back pocket for when you want a service done professionally.

And I TOTALLY agree that there should be someone on the board who can recommend a decent stylist.

Anyway, I don't have those names and numbers in front of me, but when I get to them, I'll come back and post them.

Also, you may want to PM Denim & Leather. She lives here, and she recently went to a stylist that did an "ok" job.

Divine Inspiration

juicy555 said:

Wanda

I have a few stylist. Asha at The Wright Salon on Lacienega blvd and Wilshire, Damone at Epiphany's on Santa Monica and La Cienega bl, Edward Morrison at Berrelli's in West Hollywood, and Spice at Spice Hair Oasis on San Vicente blvd. and Hauser. Pm me for phone numbers. HTH

Divine Inspiration

JLove74 said:
is Culver City to far for ya?

Not at all...spill the beans!!

Juicy, here are the names and numbers I mentioned earlier.

Nikki Scott 310-360-0730

50 North (name of the salon) Sherlina (stylist) 323 993 7121

Like I said, these were referrals from a friend. I haven't tried either of them yet.

P

patient1

A former acquaintance of mine got fantastic work done at Eclectic: LaBrea and Wilshire. She usually got natural styles, twists, etc. Cost a grip but money well spent from what I always saw. Her stylists was named Shay or Shea and she had loooong healthy pressed hair. Always a good sign. She also had her own method of cornbraiding and applying twists that made for a very natural look. I'm pretty sure she does other services as well.

Hth,
p1

JLove74

Divine Inspiration said:
Not at all...spill the beans!!

Juicy, here are the names and numbers I mentioned earlier.

Nikki Scott 310-360-0730

50 North (name of the salon) Sherlina (stylist) 323 993 7121

Like I said, these were referrals from a friend. I haven't tried either of them yet.

Alrighty, I gotta look through my business cards and will post back.. But the location (and the name escapes me right now) is right across the street from the Starbucks near Sony Studios on Washington Blvd....Be right back w/the info...

tallnomad

Johnson and Guess specializes in healthy and growing hair. ALL of the stylists about 5 of them have long--bra strap or waistlength hair. They are in Beverly Hills on Robertson.

They are pricey, but all of the clients also have long, healthy hair. They research conditioners and treatments and know what they are doing.

I go to Billy--a man. I've been to Risa before--she's the owner.

You can't go wrong there!

juicy555

Thanks for the feedback ladies! :up: I also found a feew threads in the "salon review" forum by doing a search on Los angeles.

Barbara

Princess
juicy555 said:
I had to kick my psycho stylist to the curb. Now I'm looking for a stylist who's into hair health and isn't scissor happy. Most importantly they have to be professional. I'm in the Valley and willing to drive as far south as Inglewood.

Any referrals? TIA!

:clapping: For those of you who are interested in finding a good hair stylist in Los Angeles, I highly recommend Rudy of MR 2 Hair and Nail Salon, located at 3852 Crenshaw Boulevard (two blocks north of King Boulevard on the east side of the street--across from Angelus Mortuary). His phone numbers are (323) 294-1712 and (323) 292-7714.

I've been going to him since 1990, and I highly recommend him for the following reasons: He is not a "scissor-happy stylist;" (you will reach your hair goals); his customers have been with him for a very long time, and their hair is healthier and longer than other stylists' customers; he won't tear your hair out while handling it; he doesn't press the hair "bone straight" to the point where there's no body; he's moderately priced; and he allows you to bring in your own hair care products. Let him know in advance if you want to continue to use your staples.

He offers tips that are beneficial for your hair. In addition, he's very mild tempered and patient. So for those of you who are fed up with your "scissor-happy stylist," try Rudy.:dance7:

Last edited:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Hi Juicy :) Sad to say I can't tell you not a one. I'm sure they are out there but I've yet to encounter her/him. Please see thread entitled *2007* tell your stylist to kiss ya @$$ :lol: :lol: