Losing Hair @ Temple & Crown Area?

KinksnCurlz

I just came back from the salon and was told by Marcia that your stress 'points' are located at your temple and your crown hence the reason y so many women lose hair in that area.
Has anyone ever heard of this? It does make sense b/c i haven't had braids in IONS and my temples have been thinning on the right side more and more. She also was surprised that i came in with my hair wrapped. I told her i don't wrap it every night but i always have 'pain' in those areas (temp & crwn) when i do.
BTW, I love me some Marcia, she is the absolute BEST and she takes her time with her clients. No rushing to get to the next person. She definately gets kudos for that.

miss_brown

That makes sense for me too. I've been under a lot of stress this last semester, and I could swear that my right temple and the front crown portions of my hair have been thinning lately

What's the solution (besides getting rid of the stress)? Massages? Surge?

karezone

temples as in the front edges right because if so she is absolutely correct, I can tell when my hair needs extra TLC when they start looking raggidity.

cutebajangirl

Rollersetting and wrapping both cause repeated stress to those areas. I am now rocking a straw set to not have to roller set or pull my hair in a ponytail to get a style. Mine is looking raggedy too and I have been getting shots and using cloderm to get it back.

ChasingBliss

This is just one of the reasons why I stopped wrapping my hair a long time ago, because I used to get pain in my temple area and eventually both sides started thinning, the other reason why is because I believe wrapping was thinning my ends. I think massages could def. be a solution to helping with stress on the temples.

BlessedBeauty

My sides were thinning out on me really bad last year until I discovered Wild Growth Hair Oil. This oil can grow hair out of a skull, so I know you ladies must have discussed this product before. Visit their website and read some of their testimonies. You'll be ready to by a bottle tommorrow.

http://www.wildgrowth.com

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
I think this makes sense. I'm having a hard time growing out my braid-broken edges thanks to relationship stress that I had from Dec 2002 to Dec 2003. Well, if this is true then my edges should fill in pretty soon since, I'm ok and stress free now.

KinksnCurlz

I have some WGO too... maybe i should use that. I use it on my daughter's hair after washing (about 1x a week).
CBJ - where'd u get your strawset done - Oneika and Kays? (Did they use straws?)

cutebajangirl

No CH I got them done in Brooklyn near my boyfriends house for 40.00. What do they charge? I think it is now just Oneika, she had a big fight with Kay and she runs the shop alone now. I'm not going back there for a minute because these last set of braids were put in too small and my hairline is weak looking now.