Love and Hate Hair Relationship

Naturelle

You've been following a good regimen. Think you got that moisture/protein balance down. Don't use much heat or none at all. Protective styling and moisturizing daily are in check. Have some little extras like mt or mn or henna. Do all the right things (it seems) and your hair seems to still beg for some tlc. What's up?

I've been thinking maybe I'm doing too much to my hair that it's revolting in ways I didn't even know existed. Protesting in picket lines and trying to have peace talks with my scalp.:rolleyes:

I'm thinking what if I stopped. Just stopped all the extra stuff like the henna and mt and different conditioners and the daily touching of my hair trying to make it better. When I was natural as a teen I didnt experience what I experience now and I didn't do much then (definitely not to this extent). Or maybe I'm just not being caring enough with my hair? I dunno.

And it really makes me sad cause I don't want to think of my hair as "bad hair that's why it's acting this way...if it was more 4aish or 3cish etc then I wouldnt have so many issues". I encourage so many women not to think this way of their hair, yet here I am not loving my hair as I ought to and more times then I like been disliking it. That is not good, cause if I don't love my hair, how will she love me back?:sad:

Am I the only one feeling this way?