Love Me Better Than I Love Myself

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
Love Me Better Than I Love Myself
Bishop Vashti McKenzie
"But as for me, I trust in you." Psalm 55:23
David is entangled in the affairs of his administration. He is caught in the crosshairs of opinions and critics in Psalm 55. He is in the midst of a series of crises and his confidence has him caught in between flight and fight. One day he wants to run away from the problem, but the next day he wants to fight what's going on. He declares that if he had wings like a dove, he would fly away and be at rest.

The brother is having a rough time. David lifts his voice in prayer because his enemies oppress him. The palace is in an uproar. There is trouble in the land. David was also hopping mad because he discovered a friend among his enemies. A former trusted friend blurred the lines of relationship, clothed himself in sheep's clothing, and went undercover disguised as a friend. When the cover was blown, David was served with a burn notice.
Nothing hurts more than when a friend stabs you in the back - someone you trusted, shared secrets with, disclosed things you'd never tell anyone, as well as shared and kept confidences. This friend now stands on the other side of the friendship fence among those who mean you no good.
David was ready to fight. He's angry about the betrayal, and believes the betrayers deserve the death penalty. "Let death seize upon them and them go down quick into hell" (Psalm 55:15). Now you know what was really saying to them, "Y'all go to__________."
Is it just the evil in them? Were they evil or just being used by evil? In the end, it is not the fight, the betrayal; it is not the crises of confidence, wanting to run away; it is his final confession of faith and confidence that speaks to us about God's resolution of the matter.
God answers David's prayer by responding to David's enemies with judgment. When they refused to change, it meant that what they were doing was more important to them than the Lord. This refusal was rejection of God's way of life and rejecting God's plan for life.
The refusal of the divine call to a new creation is aborting the pregnancy that was designed to birth in you, a new power, peace and progress. It is saying "No" to what can help you, and "Yes" to can keep you in a rut.
The key to change is found in the last verse of this Psalm for David as well as you and me "but as for me, I trust in you." (Psalm 55:23) Trust the Lord who loves you too much to leave you the way you are. As good, great, marvelous, exciting, smart, cute, stupendous, brilliant and bright you are - all of us can stand to do better. I do better. You do better. All God's children do better.

God could have left David on a hillside keeping his daddy's sheep, but he had something better. God could have left him as a singer of psalms and a composer of hymns, but God had something better. God could have contented David with being a musician and expert on animal husbandry, but God had something better.
God loved David so much that God wanted to develop David's full potential. In order to do that, he had to put David into positions where he was challenged to many choices and decisions. Sometimes he chose right and sometimes he chose wrong, but it was in the choosing that he grew beyond his present capacity. The Lord took him from the pastures and elevated him to the palace; took him from last place to the victory podium; from being the runt or baby of the family to the king of all Israel; from humble beginnings to a noble ending.

He trusted a God who loved him and could see in him what he hadn't seen in himself, a God who loved him too much to let him settle for less.
So must we: James and John knew how to fish for fish, but they had to change something to be successful at becoming fishers of men; Zaccheus had to change his cheating ways to be a successful community servant; Mark had to change his tax collecting ways; the woman at the well changed her sleeping arrangements; and Saul had to transition into Paul.
Trust God who loves you too much to leave you the way you are!