Low heat users - how do you maintain your curls?

HairQueen

Hiya

I am a relaxed 4B. I have not curled my hair with heat for years and now that I have a nice thick healthy head of hair I would like to start doing some pretty styles for the summer without ruining all my great progress.

I curled my hair into a beautiful style on Sunday and wore it out all day. Before I went to bed that night, I moisturised and pin curled it very loosley but when I woke up my hair looked nothing like it had before!

I would like to be able to maintain a nice curly hairstyle for a week at a time but only using the curling iron ONCE that week. Is this possible? Also how do you ladies moisturise when you want to keep your curls because using a cream moisturiser just takes all the curls out - please help!

MonPetite

When I was relaxed and did the "budoir hair" that was popular from 2002-2005 (highschool for me) I slept in rollers. You could also try pincurls. I got compliments at least twice a day. :grin:

CoCoEspresso

I do pincurls at night, so my hair is more boho/wavy. I use silver clips from Sallys.

You could try using Caruso rollers to freshen up your curls as well. The steam isn't damaging.

I use Elasta QP Oil Moisturizer. It's so light and it makes my hair so soft. I then seal with Proclaim Natural 7 Oil.

HTH

doublejo

Hiya

I am a relaxed 4B. I have not curled my hair with heat for years and now that I have a nice thick healthy head of hair I would like to start doing some pretty styles for the summer without ruining all my great progress.

I curled my hair into a beautiful style on Sunday and wore it out all day. Before I went to bed that night, I moisturised and pin curled it very loosley but when I woke up my hair looked nothing like it had before!

I would like to be able to maintain a nice curly hairstyle for a week at a time but only using the curling iron ONCE that week. Is this possible? Also how do you ladies moisturise when you want to keep your curls because using a cream moisturiser just takes all the curls out - please help!

I moisturize and then pin curl. Sounds like you are already on the right track.