Low Manipulation Challenge/hangout 2018 (braidouts, Twistouts, Bantu Knot-outs, Rollersets, Etc.)

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
This style is just so pretty! How many days does it usually last for you?
Your hair looks soft, silky, moisturized and shiny too. Are you natural? If so, do you blow dry your hair before setting?
Thank you so much @Alma Petra. This style, like most of my other ones, can last me a whole week.
Yes, I am natural, 4a/b with fine strands. I don’t blow dry before setting-I’m trying to stay away from blow drying at all. I think the shine comes from my heavy leave-ins and then running serum over my hair when I take it down.

quirkydimples

Soooo...I’ve been lurking in here because I’m transitioning. I’ve been wearing wigs and buns, but when I was natural years ago I loved twist outs. Now, however, I can’t seem to get them to not be dry and frizzy. Before I would do 6 cornrows back and roll the ends.

Tried that now...frizz. Tried a different braid type (pics attached) and I’m not happy with the end result. I used Creme of Nature Argan Oil products. My DevaCurl stuff should be here soon. I’m SL 4c.
4B6738F1-5DE6-4E1F-A8D7-C964984A0D2C.jpeg
F841D481-F3F6-4B56-8A6A-9955732CA151.jpeg
BB060A93-662A-4407-A89A-DD6AAE8A153D.jpeg E2BA271F-8C01-4330-8352-2F32F25ED4E0.jpeg

Also I want it (when I finally get it down) to last 3-4 days...I exercise and sweat a lot during cardio...

quirkydimples

@quirkydimples honestly your hair looks really pretty as is. But I get not being satisfied because you know your hair best. Hopefully the deva products will help achieve the look you want. I wish I could rock with Creme of nature Argan stuff because I love the smell but I do find those products drying.

I know! I keep trying to make it work because I love the smell, but it’s definitely drying.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Bumping...yay for snow days!!! These students don’t even know just how thankful we teachers are :lol:
I just did a black rinse for some shine. I have a DC in my hair now, and I’m gonna do some cleaning. Can’t decide what to do after I rinse it out. I have an audition on Wednesday for a part that calls for the character to eventually have natural hair, so I figure I should style with that in mind. But I’m craving straight hair. Idk.

quirkydimples

@Rocky91 I’m really jealous of your snow days...none of that here.

On another note: I’m liking my DevaCurl products, so much so that I took advantage of the Cyber Monday sale (4 full size items $65). I’ve been wearing my twist out and clipping the back into a French roll with some tendrils left in the front when it goes bad(sounds like a hot mess, but it’s decent).
My hair feels moisturized.

I’m still trying to see if I can make it last more than a day.

On another ‘nother note: I’ve always thought I was 4c, but sister has informed me that I’m 4a.

FoxxyLocs

I'm in. Low manipulation is life, lol. I wore braids for a week, nowI 've been in the resulting braid out for another week. Idk when I'm going to wash again. Maybe today?

Daina

Currently sitting under the dryer with an impromptu twist-out for a funeral this morning. I much prefer air drying but time is of the essence. I converted a week old wet bun into about 14 damp twists. Now sitting under the dryer for 30 minutes. Used Alikay naturals products. I normally never have a good result when I don't air dry but fingers crossed! Will share pics if it's remotely decent.

Daina

Currently sitting under the dryer with an impromptu twist-out for a funeral this morning. I much prefer air drying but time is of the essence. I converted a week old wet bun into about 14 damp twists. Now sitting under the dryer for 30 minutes. Used Alikay naturals products. I normally never have a good result when I don't air dry but fingers crossed! Will share pics if it's remotely decent.

These are 2nd days pics but yesterday came out way better than I expected! Frizzy areas just weren't dry enough but I had to take them down. Got lots of compliments so here are a few pics.Twistout122218.jpg