Low Porosity and Protein Sensitive Conditioner Recommendations

lonei

Hey guys

Im textlaxed with hair that matts when wet and I am trying to shake up my regimen to make my hair more manageable.

Currently I use:

Keracare 1st Lather and Hyrdating Poo
Keracare Humecto Con (Moisture every 2 weeks)
ORS Replenishing Con (Protein every 6 weeks)
Giovanni Direct Leave In or Salerm 21
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie for braidouts with Keracare Essential Oils

My hair does not like proteins like Aphogee (the one you do every 6 weeks) or Keracare Reconstructor or Intensive Mask although Im not sure exactly what protein I am sensitive. I believe silk protein is fine in my hair.

Im trying to incorporate more natural/organic products into my regimen. Yesterday I tried the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention poo. It was amazing, best shampoo I have ever used. Detangled and softened no end! I then tried the Shea Moisture Purification Mask and Im not sure about the results. Im not used to the clay feeling although there was less shed hairs and it was shiny afterwards, it didnt detangle as well as I believed it would based on the reveiews and Im not sure if it is moisturising enough to use as a deep conditioner each time I wash. I basically had less tangles after using the shampoo which I used first.

Giovanni Direct and Salerm 21 are just ok for me. I wanted to know if there was something else out there that detangled like a dream and softened and moisturised very well.

So, can you please recommend (preferably natural/organic):

Moisturising Deep Conditioner
Mild Protein Conditioner
Leave In

Thanks and God bless

faithVA

You may like Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
Also you may like Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner
For a mild protein try Giovanni NutraFix

I'm not sure about the leave-in since you are texlaxed. But the Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner can be used as a DC or a leave-in.

There's a thread around here for Low Porosity heads where they are naming products that work.

jennwantslonghurr

My hair is the same way low porosity and protein sensitive. I relax with mild relaxer so I have alot texture left yet straighter than texturized.
divachyk has been helping me as well the ladies in the low porosity support tread and it's spin offs hits and misses.

Personally, every time I see a detangling product I notice it contains some type of protein. However, I'm just beginning so may not be entirely true... I wish I could help you more. I'm on the search too. Maybe try adding an oil to your poo/conditioner for additional slip to help detangle. Or pre poo and detangle with oil prior?
Hth somewhat
Hhg

hot_pepper96

I'm also protein sensitive and just discovered last month that I also have low porosity hair. Keracare Humecto is the best protein-free deep conditioner I've ever tried. I haven't found an organic match to it that moisturized and detangled so well.

For light/medium protein organic deep conditioners, try Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Conditioner (leaves hair stronger but also detangled a little too) and Shescentit Fortifying Mask was really good before the ingredients changed. It strengthened my hair just enough when I used it every 2 weeks. The ingredients changed and something broke out my scalp, plus now there is a variety of proteins in it. Might be too much for protein sensitive heads like ours. If you do decide to try this one it thankfully comes in a sample size.

I have been hearing good things about Darcy's Pumpkin Conditioner and Annabelle's Perfect Blend's White Chocolate Mousse Mask for deep conditioning with no protein.

Last edited:

hnntrr

-One N Only Hydrating Masque (I used it on relaxed hair and it still works well on my natural hair) as a DC
-Aubrey Organics White Camelia can be used as a DC

-4Naturals Reconstructor (I use maybe once a month)
- Nubian Heritage Moringa and EVOO Repair and Reconstruct (once a week/2 weeks)
-Lutrasilk Jojoba and Placenta (its a DC but I used it a a conditioner when I was texlaxed)

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
lonei, I'm protein sensitive also.

Moisturizing Deep Conditioner
Aubrey Organics HSR
HairVeda SitriNillah
Bee Mine Beeutiful
Annabelle's Perfect Blends White Choc

Mild Protein Conditioner -
Ion Effective Care
Aubrey Organics GPB

Leave In -
Pura Body Naturals MuruMuru
Oyin Hair Dew
Bee Mine Hair Milk

I list many other products I love on my blog. Blessings to you also.