Low porosity hair: apply heat with no cap?

mg1979

Do any low porosity ladies do a light blow dry or sit a bit under a dryer WITHOUT a cap to get your product to absorb?

The issue with low porosity is getting moisture into the strand. I've read a lot about steaming, dc with heat, baggying, dying the hair, and using alkaline products. I dc with a plastic cap under my hooded dryer, but it only seems to help a little. Baggying for long periods of time gives me sinus issues, and really only helps a little if I do it just long enough to avoid a sinus issues. I can't afford a steamer-would've if I knew this before I bought the hooded dryer. I'm not interested in the damage that can come from dying the hair. Using alkaline products is very controversial due to the possibility of damaging the hair. Since the dc with heat only helps a little, I decided to experiment by applying conditioner and blow drying very lightly or just sitting under the dryer without a cap for a few minutes. I was afraid this would just make the product dry on my hair faster without it actually absorbing. It actually seemed to help a little. Any other low porosity ladies done this? How did it work? How long did you blow dry? I definitely don't want to do it for too long and damage the hair.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Tiye

I do use the same basic method as you, but I don't like sitting under dryers so I do the eco friendly version with body heat instead. Apply conditioning treatment. Cover with conditioning cap, throw on scarf or hat, and work out, do chores, run errands for several hours, then rinse/washout out.

DaiseeDay

Yepp I do the blowdryer thing when I'm deep conditioning. I hate sitting under the dryer and it mine just broke anyway.

Sent from my iPhone.

danniegirl

yes i do i have a bonnet attachment for my blow drier and i plop it on for no longer then 2-3 min's per side the heat on mine does not distribute evenly so i have to rotate the bonnet when its to hot on just one side. So by the time it gets hot on one side the product is usually absorbed and there are no more white product just sitting on top of my hair i do wrap my little towel around my forehead so the bonnet can fit better but other then that i dont put anything else on my head.

hair_rehab

I do use the same basic method as you, but I don't like sitting under dryers so I do the eco friendly version with body heat instead. Apply conditioning treatment. Cover with conditioning cap, throw on scarf or hat, and work out, do chores, run errands for several hours, then rinse/washout out.

:yep: I do this as well. Now that I'm using half wigs for protective styling, it's much easier to put on a plastic cap underneath and DC for a few hours during the day. My hair always feels very soft afterwards.