Low Porosity Leave-in Conditioner

Cheleigh

Hi ladies. I discovered Shea Moisture low-porosity leave-in conditioner just as it was discontinued. My hair retains moisture with this product and clumps beautifully, which is rare for my leave-ins. I have medium density kinky coily/curly hair, low porosity, tangle prone.

I'm looking for a replacement leave-in with similar properties as the Shea Moisture one-- optimized for low-porosity hair, protein-free (bonus if it has BTMS/behentrimonium methosulfate (which my hair seems to like)). I'm half-way done with my bottle, so need recs quick! In store or online, doesn't matter. Thanks.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hi ladies. I discovered Shea Moisture low-porosity leave-in conditioner just as it was discontinued. My hair retains moisture with this product and clumps beautifully, which is rare for my leave-ins. I have medium density kinky coily/curly hair, low porosity, tangle prone.

I'm looking for a replacement leave-in with similar properties as the Shea Moisture one-- optimized for low-porosity hair, protein-free (bonus if it has BTMS/behentrimonium methosulfate (which my hair seems to like)). I'm half-way done with my bottle, so need recs quick! In store or online, doesn't matter. Thanks.

is the Raw Shea leave in discontinued as well? That reminds me of the low porosity leave in from them as well. I stopped using the low porosity leave in because I could never find it it. It was really good though. @Cheleigh.

https://www.sheamoisture.com/raw-shea-butter-moisturizing-detangler/764302280637.html

my staple leave ins are Curl Origin Whipped leave in and Shescentit Cranberry Cocktail.

Honorable mention is Product Junkie Naturals Max Hydration leave in. I don’t do well with aloe Vera/juice. Aloe vera extract doesn’t seem to bother me.

faithVA

I don't know if it is comparable since I've never used the SM but TGIN has a nice leave-in and it is easy to get on the ground.

BeautifulRoots

I am low porosity and Kinky Curly Knot Today is my go to leave in. It has BTMS and is protein free, it can be found in stores too. I'm not sure how it compares to shea moisture though.