Lurker coming out of "Lurkdom" to say thanks!

SwtnLow

Hi all,

I just wanted to introduce myself and express my gratitude. I am a long time lurker who has posted a couple of times before a few years ago under a different username but mostly I have just been looking on in awe of all the wonderful advice available here.

The tips shared on this board have made a huge difference in the way I care for my hair. I have never had long or even medium length hair. I mean my hair has been longer than the top of my ears from the crown and an inch above chin length from the lowest layer. Even after four years of struggling to grow my hair longer I ended up with maybe two inches of retained length. It seemed hopeless and I was beginning to feel like maybe my mom was right about me not having the kind of hair that could get long.

Thankfully I found this board about three years ago and have been a committed lurker ever since. After taking a lot of the great hair advice offered here, I am pleased with the progress my hair has made. I did have some setbacks due to improper use of a cheap flatiron but I am glad to say that my hair (which is now nearly grazing my shoulders from the crown and about four inches past shoulder length from the nape) is the longest and healthiest it has ever been. I still feel like I have a long way to go but at least now I can say that I have made a lot of progress.

Thanks to the ladies on this board I discovered that everything I was doing to my hair before was wrong and that the problem wasn't my hair it was the way I took care of my hair. This board helped me redesign my haircare plan and I finally got results. So I wanted to say thanks I am very grateful! :)

SisterGirl*

SwtnLow said:
Hi all,

I just wanted to introduce myself and express my gratitude. I am a long time lurker who has posted a couple of times before a few years ago under a different username but mostly I have just been looking on in awe of all the wonderful advice available here.

The tips shared on this board have made a huge difference in the way I care for my hair. I have never had long or even medium length hair. I mean my hair has been longer than the top of my ears from the crown and an inch above chin length from the lowest layer. Even after four years of struggling to grow my hair longer I ended up with maybe two inches of retained length. It seemed hopeless and I was beginning to feel like maybe my mom was right about me not having the kind of hair that could get long.

Thankfully I found this board about three years ago and have been a committed lurker ever since. After taking a lot of the great hair advice offered here, I am pleased with the progress my hair has made. I did have some setbacks due to improper use of a cheap flatiron but I am glad to say that my hair (which is now nearly grazing my shoulders from the crown and about four inches past shoulder length from the nape) is the longest and healthiest it has ever been. I still feel like I have a long way to go but at least now I can say that I have made a lot of progress.

Thanks to the ladies on this board I discovered that everything I was doing to my hair before was wrong and that the problem wasn't my hair it was the way I took care of my hair. This board helped me redesign my haircare plan and I finally got results. So I wanted to say thanks I am very grateful! :)

Congratulations :) It sounds like you have found your niche and you are well on your way! :clap:

morehairplease

mochamadness said:
Welcome, I feel the same way about this board!!

I feel the same way mocha LOVE LOVE LOVE this board! BTW I took a look in your album and can you send me your regime? If it's not to much trouble.

thanks in advance

mochamadness

Going the Distance
tishee said:
I feel the same way mocha LOVE LOVE LOVE this board! BTW I took a look in your album and can you send me your regime? If it's not to much trouble.

thanks in advance

No trouble at all. I'll PM you.