;) Lurker with 10mnts Progress coming out to Play!

ghanja

Hi all ;). I shaved my head at the beginning of this year (jan 08) I was completely lost with what to do for the first few months. I contemplated going back to a perm probably 50 times until recently. I found this site awhile ago and after horrible results on my own I started to listen to all of your advice (secretly) anyhow you guys have helped me soooo much and I want to thank all of you. I not only have natural hair which I LOVE LOVE LOVE but Ive lost a ton of weight by going raw for awhile from the advice on the fitness forum and calorie counting...

Im 22 an army wife with a beautiful 2 year old daughter. I think I made my myspace available for all in my signature but this is my first post so we shall see how this goes. I grew up in Anchorage, Alaska and as one of the few black girls...in town I was told every single day that my thick hair was the ugliest thing by the "popular non-black" girls, on the other hands the young boys could not keep their hands out of my hair. (Lol, I got the same problem with my hubby's friends now, cant keep their hands outta the hair) In my naievity I thought the girls were right, when they were just hating. So I permed ;( and it looked ok and all, but I always felt that when I would wash my permed hair and it matted up and would break off that this isnt worth it, I remembered being able to wash my hair when it was natural back in the day and it was strong and healthy so I wanted that again. I soul searched and said am I perming my hair for me or for "society" Which is actually what got me natural. I needed a change and one of which was the lowest maintenance hairstyle...which in my "naievity" I believed was an afro...which it kind of is but anyhow...It was looking messed up till I learned about everything from this site...sooo thanks

P.S Im more than happy to represent for the natural 4a/4b/4c girls ;)

Last edited:

nikki2229

Wow. Your hair has grown since you did the BC.
I am glad you decided to do what was best for you.

Your DD is beautiful.

Also I can definitely see the results from your weight loss in your pics.

Congratulations all around.:grin:

KAT25

:welcome: glad to have you here, you are rockin the natural and you have a beautiful family!

Last edited:

ghanja

thx for the love ladies ;) You can tell in the pic with my back facing the cam how much I pick at my hair lol, but Im just gonna let it do its thing. I definitely should join the low manipulation challenge though

jndurieux

I am loving your natural do, you look a little like Lauryn Hill. I can see the weight loss too. Girl keep doing what you are doing..

LongCurlyLocks

You are a brave girl to shave your head, but when I BC'ed my hair was about where yours is now. That was about four years ago. I should be WL by now or close to it but due to lazyiness and lack of hair knowledge I've had many setbacks....
Well, welcome to the club and your kid is cute!

Restore111

WoW! I bet your glad that you went natural your hair looks beautiful! MUCH better then before, it really shows your beauty, you look like Lauryn Hill for real.

Amour

Welcome!!!

Your have a beautiful family.

Although you did look beautiful with your relaxed hair, you look great with your natural hair!!!