Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2012

faithVA

@faithVA Thank you very much! Are these shops all over the place, never heard of them. But any place who will just "dust" my ends would be perfect!

Yes they are typically all over. You can find them in malls or shopping centers. I can't think of all of the names for them. It's things like Supercuts or things like that.

If you work with some white people ask them. Seriously. They usually know where the chains are even if they don't go.

lamaria211

I baggyd today (cause I was on my porch in the heat waiting for UPS) I used QB BRBC and I just sealed with Africas Best Herbal Oil and JBCO. I didnt use grease( I only use it twice a week) because tomorrow I plan on dcing on dry hair:)

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
lamaria211 LOL You are always waiting for a delivery. :lol:

I'm flat ironing my hair at the moment, and my ends look much better than they did six months ago; I owe this mini milestone to this challenge. Thanks faithVA!

faithVA

My ends aren't better but detangling with Giovanni Smooth as Silk is a dream for me. I can finger detangle and comb without my fingers getting stuck in my strands :yay: Maybe this will at least help keep them from getting worse.

Sealed the ends of my twists with castor/flax seed/wheat germ oil blend.

LexaKing

lamaria211 LOL You are always waiting for a delivery. :lol:

I'm flat ironing my hair at the moment, and my ends look much better than they did six months ago; I owe this mini milestone to this challenge. Thanks faithVA!

I have to agree with NappyNelle! This challenge has completely helped me establish a great M&S routine! Every night without fail I moisturize my hair and my ends are a million times better from it. Thank you faithVA for encouraging us to moisturize, seal, protect, and improve our ends.

FoxxyLocs

I've been doing better this week with moisturizing and sealing. I'm wearing my hair out more so I need to be extra careful with my ends. I also DC'd twice this week.

Sent from my HTC Evo

faithVA

Haven't moisturized and sealed. Have been cowashing and doing the Curly Girl Squeeze-Quench method on my ends. It seems to be helping. I sealed my hair with Shea Moisture Smoothie.

Seamonster

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc: Natural and loving it
2. Current Hair Length: Mostly Nose Length
3. The issue(s) you are having with your ends: I have too many different lengths of hair, so my hair looks very thin
4. What you have tried to improve your ends I am currently using the transitioning technique of cutting my hair as it grows longer to thicken it up
5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends: Moisturize and Seal, baggy, and drink water
6. Optional: share your current hair measurements

It looks pretty thick in a shrunken state, but as you can see the twist are stretched and look pretty thin.

faithVA

[USER=309145 said:
pinkness27[/USER];16313957]Is moisturizing and sealing once a day enough when you have not so healthy ends?

I would moisturize and seal them and then just check them throughout the day to determine if you need more. If you moisturize and seal do your ends still feel moisturized 24 hrs later? If not then you may want to do it at least twice a day.

faithVA

[USER=327887 said:
Seamonster[/USER];16314157]1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc: Natural and loving it
2. Current Hair Length: Mostly Nose Length
3. The issue(s) you are having with your ends: I have too many different lengths of hair, so my hair looks very thin
4. What you have tried to improve your ends I am currently using the transitioning technique of cutting my hair as it grows longer to thicken it up
5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends: Moisturize and Seal, baggy, and drink water
6. Optional: share your current hair measurements
http://lunapic.com

It looks pretty thick in a shrunken state, but as you can see the twist are stretched and look pretty thin.

Welcome. Well it doesn't seem like you have any major problems with your ends which is good. So evening it out should go pretty smoothly.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Is moisturizing and sealing once a day enough when you have not so healthy ends?

I agree with Faith. If your ends don't seem to respond to once a day treatments, up it to twice a day. My ends needed help, but I've found that 3-4x a week works well for them.

Last night I used a bit of hempseed oil on my ends and pincurled. My hair looks much smoother now and still has lots of body.

Seamonster

faithVA hump, don't let me hiding these crappy ends in shrinkage fool you. I got a head full of knots and splits. Thanking God he made me natural so I can hide stuff. Probably at least two more haircuts in addition to perfecting a low knot regie to go.

But on a positive note, I have gone back to monthly trims so I have stopped the damage from traveling up the hair shaft. Having all those short hairs intermingled with longer ones meant that the short hairs would create mid strand knots on the longer hairs. So happy to only have knots on the ends of my hair, instead of on all those lengths. Oh, and my hair is thick enough to wear shrunken twist, not yet thick enough for stretched twist, I look like a finalist in the ugly dog contest with stretched twist :lachen: Hoping these monthly trims will get my hair even thicker by the end of summer. I have gone from bald to thin hair; now I am striving for normal thickness,(well can a girl dream)

Last edited:

Seamonster

I oiled my scalp with claudie's grandma pomade, moisterized my hair with enzo lemon spritz, layered on claudie's satin to detangle, seal that with kyra's oil, then I put claudie's moisturizing end on the ends, and sealed the whole thing in brown sugar pomade. Went to sleep in a bun, without a bonnet woke up this morning, and my scalp and hair were dry, so I had to do the whole thing over. I am covering my hair today to see if I can seal the moisture in a little better. trying to use up these natural oils and butters.

Grease, mineral oil, lanolin, wax, and tar, just last longer at a fraction of the cost. Anybody know how to use butters/oils and grease, so I can get the nourishment/conditioning of natural products with the protective quality of good oil grease?

SimJam

Seamonster ... your hair looks soooooooooo much thicker than how I remember it the last time I was watching your vids !!!!

awesome improvement

lamaria211

OI redid my mins today and moisturized heavy handedly with QB BRBC I just sealed my ends with B&B Supergro grease:)

FoxxyLocs

Washed, DC'd, and blow dried last night. I've been pretty consistent with moisturizing and sealing over the psst couple of weeks, though im still not doing it as often as I think I should. I also need to do another S&D. Idk when I'll get to that though.

Sent from my HTC Evo

faithVA

I tried to do a S&D but way too much hair. Yesterday I used conditioner and put in finger coils. I then trimmed off the scraggly ends. I think I was able to get at least 90% of the rough ends. I will cut any SSKs as I run into them while I am finger combing.

And I think the remaining 10% will be taken care of when I get my deva cut in August. Then I will have a fresh start.

FoxxyLocs

I've been spraying my braids with my spritz and sealing with whatever I'm have handy. I'll probably wash this weekend and DC.

This weekend I dusted my ends and was pleasantly surprised to find very few knots and splits. This challenge is definitely helping.

Sent from my HTC Evo

faithVA

It has been confirmed that my always crunchy ends are just the results of old heat damage and they have to be cut to save my hair. So in about 3 weeks I will be getting a cut to about 2" and starting all over again. I am looking forward to easy hair care for a change.

LexaKing

Been using ORS HAIRepair anti breakage cream to moisturize with, I received a sample and really liked it. Not to mention it smells great and I'm a sucker for good smells! It's heavier than the Mizani I was using so I only use it at night for wrap treatments. I always follow up with my beloved macadamia oil :)

I finally relaxed my hair after 7 months and got a fresh trim (about an inch). I still hope to make MBL by then end of the year.

LaidBak

Had to trim yet again. My nape just wont seem to grow. You see that chunk in the middle that is missing? I trimmed all the rest up to there. *sigh*

Attachments

• July before cut.jpg
    July before cut.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 34
  • JulyAfterCut.jpg
    JulyAfterCut.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 24